- QuickBooks OLSU-1024 and OLSU-1022 Error
- Why you get QuickBooks OLSU-1024 and OLSU-10?
- Important things to check before implementing solutions
- How to Resolve Quickbooks Error OLSU-1024 & OLSU-1022
- How can I perform a clean install to fix OLSU – 1024 and OLSU – 1022 errors in QuickBooks?
- What are the steps to back up the QuickBooks Company File before fixing the OLSU – 1024 and OLSU – 1022 error in QuickBooks?
- How to Craft and Merge accounts to fix OLSU – 1024 and OLSU – 1022 errors in QuickBooks?
QuickBooks OLSU-1024 and OLSU-1022 Error
Numerous errors occur when you try to run a program. QuickBooks also encounters a lot of errors, and some may actually make you crazy. In an effort to get to the root cause of the error, you try so many things, and yet they may not give many promising results.
Therefore in an effort to learn some of the stubborn errors like the OLSU-1024 and OLSU-1022 users will have to try more than one solution. Here are discussed 4 solutions. However, it is always recommended that after trying all if you get no results then you must reinstall the QuickBooks.
The errors OLSU-1024 and OLSU-1022 occurs while users try creating bank accounts on the QuickBooks desktop. The error specifies that it occurred while updating the branding files. And then it prompts you to restart the wizard for online banking set up for restarting eh updating process. First, the error OLSU-1024 appears and then the error OLSU-1022 appears.
Why you get QuickBooks OLSU-1024 and OLSU-10?
The bank information is probably not updated in the Financial Institution Directory, or the directory is not stored in the location where it should be. These are the reasons the error may appear. QuickBooks Mac Support provides details on resolving this error on Apple notebooks. In other words, you have to take the action against it to fix the issue.
Read Also: QuickBooks OL and OLSU Bank Feed Errors
Important things to check before implementing solutions
The scenarios are as follows:-
- When you are connected to the internet or not
- If you are not connected to the internet then make sure that you connect with an active and working internet connection that helps you to download the transactions, send emails, etc.
- If you are connected to the Internet connection then verify the firewall and internet security settings.
- You have the latest release of QuickBooks Desktop or not
- If you have the latest release then you can continue with the solution
- But if you don’t have the latest release then first update your QuickBooks to the latest release.
- You downloaded the transactions from the bank to your QuickBooks company file or not
- If you have download bank transaction into QuickBooks account then it is ok to continue further
- If you have not downloaded bank transactions into your QuickBooks account then connect to your bank to verify the information. After that also make sure that the bank is not facing any outages.
- Does your QuickBooks account allow you to log into your account outside of QuickBooks software like a website?
- If yes, then everything is ok and you can move forward
- If not, then contact your bank to verify your account information.
- Do results tally with Classic Register View?
- If yes, then the users have to continue with the solution steps. You must note that the register mode can be more forgiving in context to the OFX formatting standards banks are required to use for statement import or download.
- For the testing purpose, the user has to switch to the register mode that is classic mode, and then import or download it again. You have to go to the Edit menu then select the Preferences option. Further, choose Checking from the left pane. Click on the Company Preferences tab and under the Bank Feeds section choose Classic Register View.
How to Resolve Quickbooks Error OLSU-1024 & OLSU-1022
Here are the solutions that help you in resolving the QuickBooks Error OLSU 1022. You have to follow the solution to fix the issue so the methods are as follows:-
Solution 1- QuickBooks needs to be updated to the latest version
- Find the update on the webpage containing the latest release information of QuickBooks.
- Select the right QuickBooks product.
- Next, follow all instruction which tells you how to update.
- You will have to down the file of updates and then run it.
- Click the Update button
- Next, you must set the auto-updates system so that the updates get auto-installed whenever a new one is released.
Solution 2- The Financial Institution Directory needs to be updated
- Access filist through the path C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX\Components\OLB\branding\filist
- Now rename fidir.txt to fidir.old
- Then right-click on Quickbooks, and then select Save Link As
- Now, you have to save the file on your Desktop
- After that copy fidir.txt that you had downloaded and paste it into the filist folder
- To do this you will have to right-click on the fidir.txt, and copy it, and then press the Windows key with E. This will open the Computer. In the filist folder paste the file.
- In the end, you should set up the account by opening QuickBooks desktop.
Solution 3- Repairing of QuickBooks
- Initially, press the Windows key and E together, or the computer tab if you are using Windows 8.
- Now go to the unstill program option.
- then right-click on QuickBooks and select uninstall
- After that in the installation window, click on next and then select the Repair option.
- Now click on finish.
In case the repair doesn’t work, you will have to completely remove QuickBooks, and reinstall it.
Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop properly
- In your Windows desktop
- Go to the Start menu, then click on Control Panel to open it
- In the window of Control Panel
- Click on Programs and features
- Then from the list of programs, select QuickBooks
- Right-click on it and click on Uninstall/Change
- Then select the option Uninstall
- Follow the steps to uninstall the program properly from your computer
- In the end, you are done with Uninstall QuickBooks desktop properly.
Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
- If you have the download .exe file of QuickBooks
- Then go to that file location
- If you don’t have downloaded.exe file of QuickBooks
- Then download it from the browser
- Save it to your required location
- After that, go to that downloaded .exe file of QuickBooks
- Double-click on the .exe file to start the installation
- In the installation wizard, follow the steps shown by clicking on Recommended installation type
- Follow all steps and then finish the installation
- In the end, you are done with the installation of the QuickBooks Desktop program into your computer.
Solution 4- editing preferences in the fidir.txt
- Find out the fidir.txt through the path C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX\Components\OLB\branding\filist
- Now go to the file properties
- Then check the option Read-only.
Read Also: QuickBooks OLSU 1013 Error
Need Experts Help?
Any of the 4 solutions that have discussed above would help you get out of the OLSU-1024 and OLSU-1022 errors. Get Error OLSU-1024 and OLSU-1022 fixed resolved by contacting us at contact QuickBooks Team.
Some Similar type of Errors user can face :
QuickBooks Error OLSU-1022
QuickBooks Error OLSU-1015
QuickBooks Error OLSU-1011
QuickBooks Error OLSU-1013
QuickBooks Error OLSU-1014
QuickBooks Error OLSU-1016
QuickBooks Error OL-202
QuickBooks Error OL-203
QuickBooks Error OL-205
QuickBooks Error OL-206
QuickBooks Error OL-209
QuickBooks Error OL-231
QuickBooks Error OL-232
QuickBooks Error OL-249
QuickBooks Error OL-301
QuickBooks Error OL-332
QuickBooks Error OL-334
QuickBooks Error OL-392
QuickBooks Error OL-393
How can I perform a clean install to fix OLSU – 1024 and OLSU – 1022 errors in QuickBooks?
To clean install, the QuickBooks Desktop follow these steps:-
1. Collect all the QuickBooks product-related information. Such as license and product key
2. Then uninstall the QuickBooks software using Control Panel
3. After that, Reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop
4. Now you are done with the clean install of QuickBooks software.
What are the steps to back up the QuickBooks Company File before fixing the OLSU – 1024 and OLSU – 1022 error in QuickBooks?
1. Go to the File menu in QuickBooks
2. Click on Backup Company File
3. After that, select Create Local Backup
4. In the new window, click on the option Local Backup
5. Proceed further by clicking on next button
6. Browse for the location to save the backup file
7. When it is done click on OK button
8. At the end, click on Save it now button
9. Click the next button to start the backup.
How to Craft and Merge accounts to fix OLSU – 1024 and OLSU – 1022 errors in QuickBooks?
First of all, create a copy of the account and then merge it with the same account. For that the steps are:-
1. In QuickBooks, click on Lists menu
2. Then select the Chart of Accounts
3. Further, choose the account that is causing problem and then right-click on it
4. Click on option Edit Account
5. Copy the name of account
6. Then add old at the end of the account name in the selected account
7. Go to the Bank Feeds Settings
8. Then click on Deactivate All Online Services
9. Click on the OK button then click Save and Close button
10. Create a new account in Chart of Accounts
11. When you are doing the set up then in the account name paste the name that you copied before.
Merge the accounts after creating the new one
1. Open the Chart of Accounts from the List menu in QuickBooks
2. Go to the account with the old at the end of the name
3. Then right-click on it and select the option Edit Account
4. Remove the old from the end of account name
5. Then click on Save and Close button
6. Click on the Yes button after that when it ask to merge the accounts
7. Do set up the Bank feed when accounts are merged
8. Now check for errors.