QuickBooks Error Code 1612
QuickBooks is an accounting management software that is also susceptible to errors despite being one of the most powerful and sophisticated financial software in the market. Many of its errors can be related to any of the following cases or areas of the software:
- Faulty Installation
- Corrupted Update Patch
- Wrong Upgrade
- Malfunctioning Features
- Damaged / Missing System Components
Many users face QuickBooks Error Code 1612 while working on the software. It is generally related to corrupted components of the system or faulty configuration under the Microsoft Windows Registry. As the error is caused by technical issues within the computer system and the software it is recommended to contact the QuickBooks technical team to resolve the problem for a complete solution and without the added hassle of any other problem.
Causes for QuickBooks Error Code 1612
QuickBooks Error Code 1612 is primarily caused due to the .msi file (windows installer database file) being missing or deleted from Installer Cache of windows under %windir%\installer. Initially what happens is when any program is installed in the system by employing the Windows Installer original .msi file’s striped version is loaded under the cache part of Windows Installer. Whenever you try to uninstall or reinstall the QuickBooks software, the program extracts the required information from this source file only which invariably triggers the issue if the file goes missing. There are some other probable causes as well for this error as listed below:
- Faulty or corrupted installation of a specific application.
- Invalid or unauthorized files under Windows registry.
- Malicious attack of virus on the system.
- An incomplete shutdown of the computer system.
- Deleting required files from the system by mistake.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1612
The error is related and tangled with missing components of the Windows operating system. Thus it is generally advised to follow the solution given below before trying any other resolution. To fix QuickBooks Error 1612 it is required to remove the latest version of VIPRE installed by running the Microsoft Fix It tool through the link given below:
After loading the tool follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, install the tool, click on the button labeled ‘Run Now’
- Now, click on the Accept tab.
- The tool – Microsoft Fix It will scan the whole system for any issues related to Windows Install and Uninstall.
- Next, highlight and click on the option called “Detect problems and let me select the fixes to apply”
- Now click on the Uninstalling tab, followed by VIPRE option from the loaded list and then on the Next tab.
- Click on the “Yes, Try Uninstall” option. Now select all the related issues from the list and then on the Next tab.
- The status of these steps will be provided once the process is complete successfully.
- Lastly from the list of Feedback select the appropriate option followed by the Next and then Close tab.
The above-listed steps will promptly remove the VIPRE option from the system that should resolve the issue of QuickBooks Error 1612. However, if the error persists, then it is better to contact the QuickBooks experts team through online chat options.
Get Expert’s Advice to Fix Your All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems