With the release of QuickBooks 2016, systems requirements from Intuit show that Windows 10 not yet supported. But it appears that each one version of Windows Server 2012, Standard, and Enterprise included supported.
It might prove knowing to await Intuit QuickBooks support for Windows 10 before trying to download QuickBooks 2016 to use in your production environment. However, download QuickBooks 2016 desktop software for testing now should be a priority if you plan to remain with QuickBooks 2016.
The following are the requirements for QuickBooks 2016 Desktop are as follows:
Hardware and operating system requirements for QuickBooks 2016
- Disk space: 2.5 GB of disk space.
- Minimum 2 GB RAM.
- Having 25O MB for Microsoft .NET number runtime.
- Processor: 2 GHz (minimum).
- RAM: 4 GB minimum (8GB required).
- Windows: US version for US QuickBooks software and Canadian version for Canadian QuickBooks software.
- Screen Resolution: 1024*768.
- Optical drive: 4*CD-ROM drive is required for CD installations.
- Internet access is also a must.
- US version is required.
- Server RAM Requirements:
- 0-5 Users: 8GB RAM
- 10+ Users: 12GB RAM
- 15+ Users: 16GB RAM
- 20+ Users 20+GB RAM
- Window 10, 64-bit in all editions, Only QuickBooks 2016 R7 and Enterprises 16.0 R7 required.
- Window 7, 64-bit in all editions, and Window 8.1 (64-bit) are required.
- Natively installed Window Vista with 64-bit (all editions) required.
- Important System Requirements For Quickbooks 2016 Desktop.
- Window server 2008 R2, Window server 2008 having 64-bit required.
- Window server 2012, window small business server 2008.
Required similarity among Firewall/Antivirus Software
- Microsoft security essentials
- Window Vista Firewall
- Window server firewall (all editions)
- Window 8 and 8.1
Linux: Important System Requirements For Quickbooks 2016 Desktop Only installed with QBES database server ex: open suse 13.1, fed hat 6.8, and fedora 20.
Windows: natively installed & Windows 8, Windows 7 or Vista (SP2) with UAC on, Windows Server 2011, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 – Terminal Server Config., Windows Server 2003 (SP2)*, and Windows Small Business Server 2008.