What is Error Code H303 in QuickBooks
QuickBooks Error H303 is a H series error code that usually pops up on your screen when the QB company files require an additional configuration. It happens when the communication process of the company files is blocked by the firewall. QuickBooks File Doctor tool can be the best troubleshooter to fix H series errors.
Error Name: Error Code H303
Error Message: [Error H303]. This company file is on another computer, and quickbooks needs some help connecting.
- 1 What is Error Code H303 in QuickBooks
- 2 Causes lead to the QuickBooks error H303
- 3 How to fix QuickBooks error H303?
- 3.1 Troubleshooting #1: To repair this error, install the QuickBooks File doctor with these steps:
- 3.2 Troubleshooting #2: Change the settings of the QuickBooks folder location
- 3.3 Troubleshooting #3: Make new settings with firewall authentication
- 3.4 Troubleshooting #4: Check your QuickBooks settings whether it is correct or not
- 4 Infographics to Fix QuickBooks Error H303
- 5 FAQ
Likewise other online accounting software, QuickBooks software also has error issues. QuickBooks error H303 is one of the most common error issues which generally occurs due to additional configuration settings while setup the communication between the two systems to share the company information. Due to this error, you may be stuck and unable to access it. In this blog, you get complete information about this error and all possible ways to fix this error.
Error code: H303
This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.
Here’s how to fix this problem:
On the computer where the company file is located. Open the start menu, then open QuickBooks Database Server Manager. The Database Server Manager will scan your files and restore the connection.
Causes lead to the QuickBooks error H303
There are certain reasons which lead to this error issue, all are listed below:
- Due to incorrect or damage.ND folders.
- When the system network is not working accurately.
- Improper settings of hosting configuration.
- When firewall authentication blocked all communication operations, then this error will appear on your screen.
- Unable to access the company folders that are applicable by the IP address.
Read Also: QuickBooks Error Code H202
How to fix QuickBooks error H303?
To fix this error issue, we provide you all alternative solutions.
Troubleshooting #1: To repair this error, install the QuickBooks File doctor with these steps:
- Firstly, the user must sure that QuickBooks installed on the server with proper configuration.
- After getting the confirmation, run the QuickBooks File Doctor, it will automatically scan your error and fix it.
- And you are rectifying all the issues which are regarding the “QuickBooks Multi-User Hosting.”
Troubleshooting #2: Change the settings of the QuickBooks folder location
- First of all, create a new folder.
- Then you need to set and access the share the window access permission. So, you can easily access to share all the company files.
- After that, mark and copy the .qbw folder and paste the copied file into the new folder.
- And you are all set to run the company file with multi-user mode.
Troubleshooting #3: Make new settings with firewall authentication
- On your open window, click on the “control panel” and mark on the “Firewall authentication” settings.
- After that, users have to choose “Allow a program through the firewall.”
- Then go through the exception list and choose “Add Programs” and “Add QuickBooks 20xx.”
- After the completion of the whole processing and restart your QuickBooks to verify the new changes.
Read Also: QuickBooks Error Code H101
Troubleshooting #4: Check your QuickBooks settings whether it is correct or not
- First of all, open your QuickBooks in multi-user mode operation.
- Then you need to choose the selected folders on both systems.
- After that, click on the file option and go with “Utilities” and mark on the “Stop Hosting Multi-user configuration.”
- Click on “Turn on hosting” from any of the systems. Again go to the utilities then use the Host Multi-user configuration.
- In the end, restart your system on both the systems with new configuration settings.
How to reach us?
After implementing all the above troubleshooting, if you are unable to repair this error, feel free to contact our customer support team they are 24/7 available to fix all technical and functional issues. If you want to know more about QuickBooks or any query in your mind regarding QuickBooks, without any second thought drop your all queries at this Businessaccountings. For more assistance, get in touch with our experts via the QuickBooks LIVE CHAT Service, they will give you proper guidance to repair your all issues.
Get the Instant Solution with Live Chat Experts
Are you still not able to resolve your QuickBooks issue? We have a team of QuickBooks experts with years of experience in resolving errors and issues. If you need any help asap, CHAT NOW with our experts.
Infographics to Fix QuickBooks Error H303
How can I check which system is the server host to fix QuickBooks error H303?
For this, you have to follow these steps to all the workstations. The steps are:-
1. Open the QuickBooks account
2. Then click on the File menu option
3. Then click on Utilities
4. If there is an option display as Host Multi-user Access then click on it
5. If the options display as Stop Hosting Multi-User Access then does not click on it.
The system shows the option Stop Hosting Multi-User Access ifs the workstation that is hosting.
If there are some network issues then what tool is used to fix the QuickBooks error H303?
In Network issues, you have to download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub and then run the software on our system. After that, click on the Network issues option. Then select the QuickBooks Database Server Manager. If it is not available on the server then it asks you to install it.
How many ways are there to set up the QuickBooks Database Server Manager to fix QuickBooks error code H303?
There are two ways to set up the QuickBooks Database server manager that are:-
1. The Server only Option- In this, you have to install the Database Server Manager only on the server computer.
2. The Full Program Option- You have to install the full version of QuickBooks that is QuickBooks Desktop with the QuickBooks Database Server Manager on the computer.