QuickBooks Error Code H505
As indicated by Intuit error code H505 prompts that the system on which the organization file is located needs some extra arrangement. This blunder error code has numerous conceivable causes such as: blockage by the securing programming (like firewall) that restricts access to the system where the company files is stored.
QuickBooks accounting software is designed to allow multiple users to access your company file for updating financial or customer information or other crucial edits etc. Usually the user access is through the multiple user mode feature of the QB application. If you are approaching your company files through your system within the multi-user mode and it is missing the components related to the program and the application restricts access to the computer that stores the additional files then QuickBooks generates an H303 or H505 error indicating the communication problem.
Why does the error occur?
It occurs when QuickBooks Desktop version attempts to connect with the organization file and fails to communicate with the server.
• Damaged or Incorrect .ND file – The .ND configuration file allows QuickBooks to access a company file in a network and when the .ND file is damaged or incorrect it restricts QuickBooks Desktop from accessing files over the network.
• QuickBooks Services Not Started – QuickBooksDBXX or QBCFMonitor services are yet to run and should automatically start.
• Unable to Obtain the IP address of the Host Computer – A different IP address might be used by QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
• Incorrect Settings of the Hosting Configuration – Hosting of QB might be on in a separate computer. The server should have hosting turned on where the files are saved.
• Improper Settings of the QB firewall ports – The incorrect firewall settings is blocking incoming/outgoing communication to the company file.
• Incorrect DNS Settings – The DNS settings at the workstations are configured properly.
How to Resolve the Issue?
The QB error code H505 can be resolved manually but it is better to garner support from the QuickBooks experts who have experience and knowledge combined over QuickBooks application and its error codes. Only an QB expert can detect the actual cause of the error code and accord the right solutions that can resume the work process. Intuit recommends number of resolutions for the error code H505. Follow the solutions in sequence for better results.
The resolution methods that can be used by the user to resolve the error code H505 are:
- You need to make a new file of company
- On your hosting system, make a replacement folder
- Then you need to share the Windows access permissions and original folder to share the company file
- Again copy the .qbw file in the new folder if it is the multi user mode
- Do open the company file.
- The Host file needs to be edited
- Press and hold the Windows +R keys from the keyboard
- It open the Run window on your desktop
- In the Run window, write the cmd and press enter key
- The command prompt window opens up
- In this, type the ipconfig/all and then to run it click on the enter key
- Note down the IP Address and the Host Name
- Now do repeat it in all the systems if you have a multi-user account.
3. Implementing the File Doctor Tool designed specifically for QuickBooks software
4. By configuring firewall settings open network ports that are approached by QuickBooks in order to communicate through Internet connectivity.
5. Linking the hosting file of the Windows with the server.
6. Thoroughly check the settings for hosting and services, if they are correctly marked and unmarked.
In case you are unable to fix the error with the method above immediately connect to QuickBooks Phone . It is highly acclaimed QuickBooks Consulting Agency that roofs knowledgeable and experienced QB professionals who have in depth product knowledge. They ensure quick and smooth error resolution services and are available 24*7. Connect with the customer support executives by dialing the toll free phone number 1-800-993-4190.