Now and then when clients install another update to QuickBooks, it expects them to reboot their framework to install the files. However, in any case, the update does not complete even after rebooting the system. The prompt keeps showing up again and again. Every time you begin bookkeeping programming after a reboot, you receive the message, QuickBooks requires a Reboot on your PC to finish the installation.”
Issue of QuickBooks requires a reboot to complete the installation
QuickBooks won’t open and shows you a message indicating to you that QuickBooks requires a reboot to finish the installation after a fresh update. In any case, restarting the PC does not solve the problem and every time you run QuickBooks the message shows that you need a reboot to finish the installation loop without leaving QuickBooks.
Fixing QuickBooks requires a reboot to complete the installation error:
First, you’ll need to sign in to windows utilizing an admin account. The means given underneath will require authoritative privileges. Assuming you don’t approach an admin account, then, at that point, you will unable to follow the steps given beneath:
You can follow the steps below to fix ‘QuickBooks requires a reboot to complete installation error’:
- Move to start menu
- Choose Control Panel
- Press on Programs
- Choose “Turn Windows characteristics on or off”
- Enable .NET Framework 3.5
- Reboot your framework
The .NET Framework is needed by the QuickBooks installer to install any latest updates. If it is disabled, however, the installation process will be accompanied fail every time. Similarly, you can try different techniques to deal with this problem.
The steps for the equivalent are given below:
- Download and run the Diagnostic Toll provided by Intuit.
- Locate the Tool Hub under Installation issues
- Press on QuickFix Tool and Run it
- Try Updating QuickBooks Now
The QuickFix tool disables all background functions that might interfere with the update procedure. When each procedure closes, you can update your software without much time.
Alternate Instructions to Fix QuickBooks needs Reboot to Complete Installation Error:
Note: This method requires that you have Windows Administrator access on the host PC. Assuming you don't have administrator access, you should find someone who signs in to your account. Assuming you are a cloud user, start a live chat with us and we can give you provisional approval.
Sign in to your account that is having the issue accessing QuickBooks.
- Associate with a host that uses MyWorkspace (If you don’t have MyWorkspace and you’re an administrator, see how to publish an app here. In case you’re not an administrator you should ask an administrator to publish it for you and follow these steps instead).
- Whenever you’re connected, right-click on the QuickBooks shortcut on the desktop and select ‘Run as admin’.
- Then, at that point, you’ll be prompted by User Account Control and may need to enter the Windows Administrator password.
- While you have finally opened QuickBooks, you should not be prompted to restart the PC every time.
Basic Method: Enable or Disable Windows Highlights, then, at that point, select .NET Framework 3.5. (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0).
From that point forward, you should reboot the PC, and the installer will finish what it was not installing at login.
At the End!
If all else fails, you can download the latest copy of QuickBooks from Intuit’s website and perform a fresh installation. Even if you uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks, there will be no changes in the company’s file. To know more, you can reach our experts at LIVE CHAT anytime.
Get the Instant Solution with Live Chat Experts
Are you still not able to resolve your QuickBooks issue? We have a team of QuickBooks experts with years of experience in resolving errors and issues. If you need any help asap, CHAT NOW with our experts.