What is Quickbooks Error 80029c4a
The QuickBooks error 80029c4a is a runtime error that happens when you are going to open a company file. To fix the problem, run the clean install QuickBooks Desktop software and then configure the settings of the antivirus or firewall you are using.
Error: QuickBooks Error 80029c4a
Error message: Problem: There was an unexpected error reported while trying to run QuickBooks with the company file.
QuickBooks Error 80029C4A one of the most common errors in QuickBooks desktop. It happens when the user accidentally installs a corrupted version of the software. It also may happen when vital data for the working of the software gets deleted by chance. In these circumstances, the error message 80029C4A appears on the screen as users try to run the software.
Initially, it appears sometimes. But with passing time the frequency of the error message appearance increases. Finally, every time you try to run QuickBooks you encounter this error. Yet the user may think that the error will go away with time, or that the user will get accustomed to it appearing every time.
- 1 When You Actually Feel Annoyed with Quickbooks Error 80029C4A
- 2 Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 80029c4a
- 3 What Are The Reasons for The Causes of QuickBooks Error 80029c4a?
- 4 How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 80029C4A?
- 5 Another Solutions for QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
- 5.1 1. Solution One: Configure the Settings of Antivirus
- 5.2 2. Solution Two: Clean Install the QuickBooks Desktop
- 5.3 3. Solution Three: Uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop and Then Rename All The Folders Manually
- 5.4 4. Solution Four: Update Your QuickBooks Desktop
- 5.5 5. Solution Five: Reinstall or Repair your QuickBooks Desktop
- 5.6 6. Solution Six: Authenticate The Antivirus Settings
- 5.7 7. Solution Seven: Run Windows System File Checker
- 5.8 8. Solution Eight: Update The Security Software
- 5.9 9. Solution Nine: Run The “reboot.bat” File
- 5.10 10. Solution Ten: Updating The Avast Program and Virus Definition
- 5.11 11. Solution Eleven: Scan The System for Possible Malware and Virus Attack
- 6 Infographics to Resolve The QuickBooks Error 80029c4a
- 7 FAQ
When You Actually Feel Annoyed with Quickbooks Error 80029C4A
The case gets complicated when the system is also affected due to this error. When this happens the system starts to get slow. It also impacts the response of the input devices like mice and keyboards. Finally, the machine also may get unresponsive and hangs at times. All these are too much to take, and when the user finally feels baffled. If you could spot when exactly the error started appearing, this may bring you a much easier solution to the problem.
Various error messages Display on the screen
Are you not able to open the company file in your QuickBooks account?
Are you facing the same problem with the error code 80029c4a message on the screen?
Is your company file damaged or corrupted?
Facing an error in loading the library or .dll file in QuickBooks Desktop?
Various error messages can display differently to different users with the same error code. Here is the solution that you have to implement to fix the problem depending on the reason for the cause. Many reasons, symptoms, and signs are also mentioned so that it is easy for you to acknowledge the cause and then implement the solution accordingly.
Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 80029c4a
Many different signs and symptoms to know about the QuickBooks error code 80029c4a in your system. These things help you to get to know about the error before it arrives. Go through the signs and match that all the symptoms are the same in your system or not.
The symptoms and signs are as follows:-
- The system got frozen several times while working
- The Company File is missing
- The error message appears on the screen directly
- Windows Operating System is not working properly
- The software program got crashed within the active window
- Due to this error, your system got collapsed
- Input that you give in a system using the mouse and keyboard entered very slowly.
Need Experts Help: To Fix QuickBooks Error 80029C4A Chat Now
What Are The Reasons for The Causes of QuickBooks Error 80029c4a?
The list of reasons is here so that you can identify the reason because of that the error caused to you.
The different reasons are as follows:-
- Installation of QuickBooks software is incomplete so it causes you a problem while installing it in your system
- Windows Registry is corrupted
- The antivirus is blocking the software because it marks it as infected
- The company file is not locating or is damaged
- The components of QuickBooks are not working properly.
- Infection from some virus or malware
- Deletion of files that are important for the working and running of QuickBooks pro.
Whatever the cause is, the error can be troubleshooting which is good news.
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 80029C4A?
If you want to troubleshoot the error 80029C4A, then you will have to make sure that you dedicate a huge amount of time to this. Because this is time-consuming and would demand some good effort from your side.
Here are the steps you need to perform:
Total Time: 20 minutes
Repair the registry for the entries that are associated with the error 80029C4A.
You need to scan the PC next for malware. Do a total scan.
Clean up your system. This needs cleaning of all temporary files and folders and junk. Also, run disk cleanup to be sure.
Run update for all the device drivers on the PC
Perform a Windows System Restore. If there are any recent system changes then undo them.
Uninstall all programs which are associated with error 80029C4A, and then reinstall them.
Next, run the system file checker of windows OS.
Now you need to see if any Windows updates are pending and install them. Make your system updated.
If in spite of all the above steps the error still returns, then you will have to run an OS reinstallation, and then install QuickBooks once again.
Another Solutions for QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
There are solutions that you have to follow to resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a. You have to follow the steps one by one in details by performing the solution according to the reason of the cause.
The solutions are as follows:-
1. Solution One: Configure the Settings of Antivirus
Sometimes the QuickBooks is blocked to load the files by antivirus. So, you have to change the settings of antivirus so it allows QuickBooks to load or repair their files. Also, check the program list area that has the lists of files that are blocked. If you get the list of programs then give them permission so that antivirus won’t block it again.
The list of files is as follows that you get in the block list:-
2. Solution Two: Clean Install the QuickBooks Desktop
When your problem is not resolved by configuring the antivirus then you have to definitely perform the second step. In case, you are facing issues because of installation then you have to directly do this solution in your system.
The steps for clean installation are as follows:-
- Firstly, collect all the information about your product
- Keep the license or product key with you and also the version of the software
- Download the installer for the QuickBooks according to its version.
- Uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop
- Open the Control Panel
- Then click on the Programs and Features
- Again, select the same option with the same name Programs and Features
- From the list of programs
- Search for the QuickBooks Desktop
- Right-click on it then click on the Uninstall or Change option displayed to you
- Select the Remove option
- Click on the Next button and it uninstalls your program successfully.
- After the uninstallation, you have to install the software again
- Check the system requirements that must fulfill by you before installing the software again on the computer
- Go to the downloaded installation file with .exe extension
- Double-click on the file to start the installation that opens up the installation wizard on your screen
- Then follow the instructions shown to you for the installation
- Enter the license number or product key when asked to you and then click on the Next button
- Now select the Custom installation that is recommended
- Continue with the instructions and click on the Next button
- After completing the installation, open the QuickBooks software
- Activate your QuickBooks desktop version
- Go to the Help menu option on the QuickBooks desktop
- Select the option Activate QuickBooks desktop
- Follow the instructions to activate your version of QuickBooks.
Get Help for: QuickBooks Error 80029c4a – Error Loading Type Library Dll Chat Now
3. Solution Three: Uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop and Then Rename All The Folders Manually
You have to do this if the above 2 solutions have not resolved the QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a on your desktop.
For this, the steps are as follows:-
- Firstly, uninstall the QuickBooks software
- Now display all the hidden files
- Open the File Explorer then locate the location of QuickBooks company files
- The location can be one of them:-
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks (year or version of QuickBooks)
- C:\Users\(current user name)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks (year or version of QuickBooks)
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks (year or version of QuickBooks)
- 64-bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks (year or version of QuickBooks)
- You get the files and now it’s time to rename the folder
- Right-click on each file and then add the old at the end of the folder name
- After doing this, again install the QuickBooks Desktop version.
Most of the Windows OS versions are affected by the error 80029C4A of QuickBooks Pro. Windows XP, 2000, Vista, 7, 8, and 10 and ME, all have had this error sometimes.
4. Solution Four: Update Your QuickBooks Desktop
Intuit continues to provide free QuickBooks updates throughout the software’s life cycle, which can be deployed automatically or at your leisure. The updates usually resolve application issues by correcting internal flaws and bugs that you may be unaware of. However, it is recommended that the QB be updated with caution, particularly if you are using network systems.
It has been observed that when updating a program in such a situation, you may end up forcing an update for all users because all systems on the network will be running the same version of the software. Ignore updating during business hours to avoid unnecessary delays.
To update QuickBooks software to the most recent version, follow these steps:
- Start with selecting the File menu and click “Close company or logoff”
- Next, hit the file and then Exit button
- Make sure that you have login your system as Admin
- Also, verify if there is “No Company file open” on your computer
- After that, go to the Help menu followed by selecting the option “Update QuickBooks”
- Now, you’re supposed to select the Options tab
- Select the “Mark All” option followed by hitting “Save” button
- In the next step, click on the “Update Now” tab
- And then click “Reset Update” >>> “Get Updates”
- When the update process comes to an end, you’ll get a pops up that says update successful
- Altogether press the Alt + F4 keys or Esc and then close your QuickBooks Desktop
- After done with that, open your QuickBooks Desktop and hit “Yes”
- Finally, restart your system and check for errors.
5. Solution Five: Reinstall or Repair your QuickBooks Desktop
When nothing else works, uninstalling and reinstalling the software is a fantastic method to freshen it. If you only use this application on one computer, this will be a much more convenient option. While upgrading QuickBooks on a networked system employ the same cautionary steps you did when updating QuickBooks.
To solve QuickBooks installation, follow the instructions below:
- The very first, you have to look for the system which is not running on the network
- Next, start your QB and go to the About option in the menu
- Here, find the license and product number and note it down
- Move to the Control Panel and then go to the list of installed programs
- In the list, look for QuickBooks then select the same and click “Uninstall”
- Now, choose the “Repair” option within the uninstall dialogue box
- And then click “Next”.
It’s fine if your QuickBooks installation is fixed; however, if you encounter a problem, go to the QuickBooks products update page and check the current release for your product, comparing it to the information you’ve gathered.
Check that the information is correct, then go to the QuickBooks Support Download Site and seek for your QuickBooks version, which you can then download and install.
6. Solution Six: Authenticate The Antivirus Settings
Antivirus software can sometimes prevent QuickBooks from loading important files by accident. You should look at the program’s section that lists blocked files (sometimes referred to as your “quarantine”). If you’re using Norton or McAfee, consult your antivirus product for instructions on how to change the permissions.
If any of the programs mentioned below appear in the quarantine, you must grant permission to pass over the firewall.
The important thing to remember is that the majority of these files are stored under C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks (year). Also, the files with the extension (x86) are 64-bit versions.
7. Solution Seven: Run Windows System File Checker
- Initially, press the Windows Start button and in the search box, type command
- In the next step, press and hold together the tabs Ctrl + Shift along with that hit Enter
- When you see a permission dialog box appears on your screen, click “Yes”
- Going forward, enter the SFC/scannow and then click the “Enter” key
- You have to wait for sometime till the system file checker completes the scanning for QuickBooks error code 80029c4a
- And finally, you have to accomplish the instructions which appear on your screen and the error will be resolved.
8. Solution Eight: Update The Security Software
You must first update your antivirus or security software to the most recent version before adding program/component exceptions. The following are the measures to take:
- First and foremost, make sure your antivirus or security software is up to date
- Then, according to your manual, add the program/component exceptions
- Last but not least, you must re-open QuickBooks.
9. Solution Nine: Run The “reboot.bat” File
When QuickBooks is installed, a small batch file named reboot.bat is saved in the installation directory. Regardless of the version of the application you use, you will always be able to find this file. This batch file is in charge of resetting all system settings that QuickBooks makes throughout its operation. The ‘Reboot.bat’ file is made up of several command line scripts that reset the Windows registry settings for all of QuickBooks’ components. This file serves as a cleanup tool that returns items to their proper locations if they become misplaced.
- First, you have make sure that QuickBooks software is not running on your system
- Next, locate and open the folder that you wish to reboot.bat file
- Do a right-click on the QB and select “Properties”
- Click on the “Open File Location” tab
- Now, you have to right-click on the reboot.bat file to select “Run as System Administrator”
- Also, ensure that you run the reboot.bat as Windows Administrator
- The file that appears as bat, reboot, or reboot.bat in the window folder options settings file determines this
- Do not manually close the window that has appeared. (By using scrolling features, you can open a blank window.) When the reboot.bat application has finished, this window will close
- Restart your computer at the end of the procedure.
10. Solution Ten: Updating The Avast Program and Virus Definition
- You’ll need to run an avast virus scan and make sure all of your programs are up to date
- If you’re using another antivirus product, you’ll need to make sure it’s up to date
- Right-click on the avast icon and select Properties
- Select the Update tab
- To upgrade the avast program, go to the program tab and follow the prompts
- Rerun the instructions, this time selecting the engine and virus options.
11. Solution Eleven: Scan The System for Possible Malware and Virus Attack
The last but the least way is to scan your system for Malware and Virus attack. It mainly involves two steps;
- For probable virus and malware attacks, you can utilize the Windows virus and threat protection.
- For detecting and addressing potential Trojan infections, you can utilize anti-virus software installed externally.
Infographics to Resolve The QuickBooks Error 80029c4a
The solution is here that helps you to fix the QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a. You have to follow the whole process of the solution according to the reason and then you are done with it. In case, if you have any other query or any other or same issue arrives then you can reach the QuickBooks expert helpdesk team who is here to assist you whenever required. You can connect with them 24/7 hours via email or live chat process. The members of the team are experts in resolving all kinds of QuickBooks glitches as they are trained in it.
What if it shows that the .dll file is missing in the installation then what does it means?
The .dll file is important as it is part of the installation of QuickBooks. DLL file is a Dynamic Link Library file that works as the component of QuickBooks Desktop. So, you have to install the software again as it shows you the error.
How can I end the processes of QuickBooks to stop background processes?
You have to open the Task Manager and then end the tasks that are related to QuickBooks. The steps to solve the issue are as follows:-
1. Press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys
2. Then you get a screen with a different option, select the Task manager
3. Then a window of Task Manager opens up
4. In the Processes tab, select the processes related to QuickBooks one by one
5. Then click on the End Task button that ends the processes running in the background.
Can I also perform the QuickBooks repair instead of uninstalling and reinstall it again?
Yes, you can do the repair process of your QuickBooks desktop. But after doing the process of repair if the problem still persists then you have to do the reinstallation process of QuickBooks.
For the repair process, the steps are:-
1. Open the Control Panel
2. Then click on the Programs and Features and get the list of programs
3. Select the QuickBooks program
4. Right-click on it and click on Uninstall/Change option
5. Click on the Next button when the QuickBooks installation window opens up
6. You have to select the Repair option
7. Again, click on the Next button
8. In the end, click on the Finish button.