QuickBooks Error code 6000 -832 is a 6000 series error code that exists predominantly due to company file corruption. It indicates that the .nd file has a hosting problem. When attempting to host a company file on a different device or server, users face this error.
This issue would prevent you from opening the file as your company file contains all the critical data and confidential information. In addition, because of this error, you can also lose your data. With the help of this blog post, you can easily fix this error and recover your data on time.
- Exact Error Shown While You Face QuickBooks Error 6000 832
- Factors That Leads to QuickBooks Error Code 6000 832
- Easy Methods to Resolve The QuickBooks Error Code 6000 832
- Method 1: Rename the .ND and .TLG file name
- Method 2: Update QuickBooks Desktop
- Method 3: Check Folder Permissions
- Method 4: Check Hosting on All Systems Must Be Switched Off
- Method 5: Open The Sample Company File
- Method 6: Stop The Hosting of Multi-Use Access from Another Workstation
- Method 7: Copy the QuickBooks File on The Desktop
- Method 8: Close QuickBooks from Background
- Method 9: Restore The Backup File
- Method 10: Firewall and Antivirus Configuration
- Infographics to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 832
- How to check for correct permissions to resolve QuickBooks error 6000 832?
- How to end all the QuickBooks programs or operations that are running in the background before fixing QuickBooks error 6000 832?
- What are the steps for checking that the hosting is off or on all the systems to fix QuickBooks error 6000 832?
Exact Error Shown While You Face QuickBooks Error 6000 832
We’re Sorry! QuickBooks encountered a problem.
The support sites contain information about this type of error and how to resolve the issue. Go to the support site to view an article about the error. If the article doesn’t help you to resolve the problem, contact support for assistance.
Error Codes: (6000, -832)
Factors That Leads to QuickBooks Error Code 6000 832
There are multiple factors behind the occurrence of the error but the most probable reason is the damaged company file. The following are the list of other factors that can also be responsible for this error occurrence.
Let’s check out:
- The company file was opened across a network
- The QuickBooks installation files were missing
- Permissions for a network server are incorrect
- If the company file is being hosted by more than one workstation
- If a non-US or Canadian version of Windows is utilised
- Alternatively, if the file extension is.qbm or.qbw.adr
- The QuickBooks files are being blocked by your antivirus or firewall.
Read Also: QuickBooks Error Code 6000
Easy Methods to Resolve The QuickBooks Error Code 6000 832
First, we need to figure out the key causes of this problem. If the user’s QuickBooks Company File is currently hosted on a host of various machines, it is suspected that this issue arises and your own workstation is unable to gain the much-needed knowledge about the .ND file.
However, it is recommended to upgrade the program in order to move forward with the steps to solve the problem. Manufacturers are often advised to upgrade the program, and it is often recommended to run QuickBooks File Doctor.
If they still continue to troubling you then perform the below-discussed methods to rectify this issue.
Method 1: Rename the .ND and .TLG file name
The initial step you can follow is to rename the .ND and .TLG files. These are the files responsible to allow QuickBooks on accessing a company file. When these files are damaged, you’ll get an error code 6000 832 when opening the file.
- First, you have to locate the folder containing your company file and then open it
- Look for the files that have the same name as your company file but with .ND and .TLG extensions
- Do a right-click on each files and then select rename
- Add the word OLD at the end of each file name. Ex: Company _file.qbw.nd.OLD
After that, try to run your QuickBooks once again and open the company file. If the error code still continues, then it is suggested to follow the rest of the succeeding methods that are discussed below.
Before that as you know QuickBooks database server manager is to host the QuickBooks company files. When you’re done with the rename process then restart your Database Server Manager and try to scan QuickBooks files once again.
Here are the steps:
- Open the Windows Start menu and select the “All Programs”
- Look for the QuickBooks and then open the QBDSM
- Choose the tab “Scan Folders”
- If you find “No Folders” then you’re supposed to select the “Add Folder” option
- Confirm the QuickBooks company file that appears in the box (it presents as a title “QuickBooks Company Files have been found”)
- Now, you have to again open the file
- Along with your QuickBooks and sign in to the company file using your admin credentials
Method 2: Update QuickBooks Desktop
- If QuickBooks is opened then close it
- Go to the QuickBooks icon, right-click on it
- Then choose option Run as Administrator
- On the No company screen
- Click on the Help menu option
- Select the option Update QuickBooks Desktop
- In the Options tab, tick mark the checkbox Mark All
- Then click on the Save button
- After that select Update Now and click on the Reset Update box
- When the updates are shown then click on Get Updates to download the update
- Then close the QuickBooks and open it again
- The installation of the update box appears then confirms it for installing the update.
Method 3: Check Folder Permissions
- Go to the QuickBooks folder having company files
- Then right-click on the folder and select the Properties option
- In the Properties window, go to the Advanced option and click it
- Select the QBDataServiceUserXX
- After that, click on the Edit option
- Make sure that the settings are Allowed
- These settings are:-
- Read Attributes
- Write Attributes
- Create Folders/Append Data
- Read Permissions
- List Folder/Read Data
- Create Files/Write Data
- Write Extended Attributes
- Read Extended Attributes
- Traverse Folder/Execute File
- In case if permissions are incorrect then:-
- Right-click on Folder has QuickBooks Company Files
- Choose Properties
- Click on the Security tab in the Properties window
- Select the Edit option
- Choose QBDataServiceUserXX
- Then select Full Control to provide full access
- Click on Allow and then on the Apply button to save all changes
- Click the OK button to Save and close the window.
Method 4: Check Hosting on All Systems Must Be Switched Off
If you are using Multi-User mode QuickBooks then you have to check for hosting. So the steps are:-
- Press the F2 key from the keyboard
- Then the information window opens up
- In this, click on the Local Server information
- Check that the Hosting is turned off.
Method 5: Open The Sample Company File
- On Desktop, go to the QuickBooks Desktop icon
- Right-click on the icon
- Then press and hold the Ctrl key
- With that, click on “Run as Administrator”
- When “No Company” window opens up then release the Ctrl key from your keyboard
- You have to select the open a Sample file
- After this, select the file from the sample company files of QuickBooks.
Method 6: Stop The Hosting of Multi-Use Access from Another Workstation
Check if there is hosting on another system other than the host computer. If yes, then turn it off and then steps should be:
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to the File menu and select the Utility option
- Check if it shows “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access” and then click on the same
- When the confirmation box appears then click “Yes”
- And you have to do the same on all your systems.
Method 7: Copy the QuickBooks File on The Desktop
Another method is to copy the QuickBooks file to your desktop, which can be accomplished by following the instructions below:
- Locate an open the folder having QuickBooks files
- Find the file with QBW extension
- Select the file and do a right-click on it
- Then click on the Copy option to copy the file
- Go to the Desktop and then right-click on desktop space
- Choose option Paste to paste the file you copied above
- Now, press the Ctrl key from the keyboard and hold it until you get the No Company Open Window in the QuickBooks program
- Then release the ctrl key when No Company open window opens up
- Then click on the Open or Restore company option
- Open the file that you copy and pasted on the desktop
- After that, you’re done
Method 8: Close QuickBooks from Background
- On your Windows Desktop, close all the applications that are running on it
- Open the Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys holding altogether
- The Task Manager window opens up
- Then locate the QuickBooks processes that are running in the background
- Select the process and then click on the End Task button
- Do this with all the processes of QuickBooks
- And finally, switch to multi-user mode to open the file.
Method 9: Restore The Backup File
- In QuickBooks, click on the File menu option
- Further select the option, Open or Restore a backup file
- Click on the Next button
- Then select the local backup if the backup file stored into your system
- Click on the Next button
- Search for the backup file
- Then select the file to restore it in QuickBooks
- Click on the Open button to open it
- You have to click on the Save and then the restore process starts.
Method 10: Firewall and Antivirus Configuration
Sometimes, the antivirus and firewall block the QuickBooks to run properly or do their tasks. It blocks access to some specific files, so you have to allow QuickBooks all the permissions and add it as the Safe program. Then the firewall and antivirus won’t block QuickBooks actions and file accessing into your system. You can also disable the Antivirus and firewall all the time when you’re using the QuickBooks Desktop. When you’re done with the Settings then check QuickBooks for errors.
Infographics to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 832
QuickBooks, an exceptionally high-quality accounting firm, typically brings only the finest items to the market. But technical glitches are common, as long as they can be solved without much stress. QuickBooks error code 6000 832 is an easily recoverable error and you can even solve this problem on your own with the help of the above-provided troubleshooting methods.
How to check for correct permissions to resolve QuickBooks error 6000 832?
1. Go to the folder of the data
2. Then right-click on it
3. Click on the option Properties
4. Select the tab Security
5. Then click on Edit option
6. Choose the QBDataServiceUserXX
7. After that, click on Full Control to provide full access
8. Then click on Allow button
9. Select Apply button to apply all changes
10. In the end, click on the OK button to close the window.
How to end all the QuickBooks programs or operations that are running in the background before fixing QuickBooks error 6000 832?
1. Close everything then on your Desktop press Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys together
2. It takes you to the blue screen with options
3. Choose the Task Manager
4. Then the window of Task Manager opens up
5. In this window, click on the Processes tab
6. Then search for the QuickBooks operations or programs one by one and select it
7. After selecting it, click on the End Task button to close these processes one by one
8. Now you are done, close the window and apply solutions to fix the error code 6000 832.
What are the steps for checking that the hosting is off or on all the systems to fix QuickBooks error 6000 832?
1. Open QuickBooks software into your system
2. Then press the F2 key from your keyboard
3. It open ups the tab of product information on your screen
4. Now search for the Local Server information
5. Then click on the same Local server information
6. Check that the Hosting is turned off
7. If not then turn it off.