The conversion is done when your business requirements are now changed. If you have not needed any specific reports that you do before this then do switch or convert your software edition.
To convert QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro can be done by following the 2 procedures that are mentioned below. QuickBooks Enterprise is the upgrade version of QuickBooks Pro that cannot be downgraded. So, to go from QuickBooks Enterprise to QuickBooks Pro you have to migrate or transfer all your QuickBooks company data. Also, buy a license and then activate your QuickBooks software to get back to your workflow.
- What are the reasons that cause for not converting the data of QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro?
- What are the tips or things that you can do while converting QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro?
- Why data migration is important to convert QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro?
- What are the procedures to convert QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro?
- Can everything be transferred from one QuickBooks to another while converting QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro?
- How can I switch from multi-user mode to single-user mode to start the process of converting QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro?
- Can I have any version of QuickBooks Pro for converting from QuickBooks Enterprise desktop?
What are the reasons that cause for not converting the data of QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro?
There are few reasons that you must know so these are listed here:-
- The file size must not cross the limited file size that is minimum- 500 MB and maximum- 2 GB
- If there is an active database of Enterprise that is not valid to let you convert into Pro
- You have to check that no file in the present database is damaged if found then it causes you issues in converting data
- The names of the QuickBooks Enterprise files are till 14,500 or if it is crossed then the problem happens.
What are the tips or things that you can do while converting QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro?
- You are going to downgrading your software that is converting QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro. This leads to loss all the features and benefits that you are having in the Enterprise software edition will be lost. Like
- After converting software, you can only link up to 3 accounts in QuickBooks Pro as it allows only this many users.
- You have to buy a new license for converting your software to any other edition. When you bought the license then instal the software and then activate it to continue your working properly.
- When you are done with converting the data then you get a file into your QuickBooks Pro software so that you can continue with your work.
- The files can be easily restored so don’t worry about the files that you have in your earlier software edition. You can easily access them in your newer QuickBooks edition.
Why data migration is important to convert QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro?
Conversion is required when you don’t want the current edition anymore. That is you are using the QuickBooks enterprise according to your business need but not it changes so you can easily switch to the QuickBooks Pro software. So if requirement change does change the software edition accordingly and you also get the advantages and features.
The conversion totally depends on your business requirements. Follow the process and get it done easily with the below simple steps.
What are the procedures to convert QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro?
There are procedures that you have to do for converting your account. You have to choose it according to your convenience that what you can do easily. The procedures are:-
Total Time: 25 minutes
Step One: Backup Company file from QuickBooks Enterprise and Restore into QuickBooks Pro
Backup your Company File from QuickBooks Enterprise
1. Open QuickBooks Enterprise
2. Then click on the File menu and check that if it shows you Switch to Single-user mode
3. Select the option switch to single-user mode as you are in multi-user mode
5. Again, go to the File menu option
6. From drop-down options, click on the Backup Company
7. Further, select the option Create Local backup
8. The Backup window opens up on your screen
9. In this, select the Local Backup
10. Then proceed with the Next button
11. You have to click on the Browse button to search for the location where you want to save this backup file
12. You can also mention the number of backups that you want to do (Optional)
13. Now it runs a test to check the backup file before saving it. So that if there are any issues or problems then you get to know in this step
14. After this, when you are ready with it the test reports are ok
15. Then click on the OK button to continue
16. In the end, click on the Save it Now buttons then click the Next button
17. Wait for it for creating the backup file and get notified.
Restore your Company file into QuickBooks Pro
1. In QuickBooks Pro
2. Click on the File menu option
3. Select the Open and Restore company file
4. Choose the Restore a Backup copy
5. Then click on the Next button
6. Find the backup company file on your computer by clicking on the Browse button
7. Now you have to choose the folder to save the file
8. Click on Open
9. When everything is done, you have to click on Save.
Step Two: Export the data from QuickBooks Enterprise and then Import it into QuickBooks Pro
A. Export data from QuickBooks Enterprise
To export data
1. In QuickBooks, click on Customer/ Supplier/ Payroll Centre
2. Click on Excel drop-down menu
3. Select the Export list if you want to export the contact information, balance, or name of the customer, employee, or supplier
4. Select Export the transaction if you want to export any specific transaction
5. Click on the option Create a New Worksheet
6. Hit on the Export button
To export items
1. Go to the Lists menu option
2. Then further, select Item List
3. Click on the Excel drop-down
4. Then choose the Export all items option
5. Hit on Create a New Worksheet
6. Click on the Export button
To export reports
1. Go to the Lists menu in QuickBooks
2. Then select Item List
3. Click on the Excel drop-down
4. Hit on the Create New Worksheet
5. Check the Preferences
6. Click on the option Export.
B. Import data to QuickBooks Pro
1. Click on the File menu
2. Further, select the Utilities
3. Click on the Import
4. Choose Excel Files
5. Follow the instructions shown on your screen
a. In this, select the type of data to import
b. QuickBooks format all the data by providing you the overview
c. Manually add any data by clicking on the Add My Data Now
d. Check and verify Preferences then click on the Close button.
C. Review your data
Review all the data that you have converted, transferred, or moved from one QuickBooks account to another. Check that no data is left behind if any then enter it manually into your new QuickBooks software. Do check for errors also so that you can fix them. After that, you are done.
D. List the items that can be sent into your QuickBooks Pro edition
There are few items that you can transfer into your QuickBooks Pro account from your previous account.
These things are as follows:-
8. The transactions that have links in between like you have applied the payment to the invoice.
9. All the transactions that are non-financial and financial can be transferred. Such as Payroll, purchase orders, Account payable, Account receivable.
Need Experts Help?
Can everything be transferred from one QuickBooks to another while converting QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro?
Various things that won’t be transferred are payroll taxes of the previous year that you must require in calculating this year’s tax. Credit memos or credit notes won’t be transferred.
How can I switch from multi-user mode to single-user mode to start the process of converting QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro?
In your QuickBooks Desktop software, you have to click on the File menu option. You get more options from it. So if there is an option displaying switch to single-user mode then you have to click on it. But if it is not displaying then you are already in the single-user mode. You can continue with the conversion process.
Can I have any version of QuickBooks Pro for converting from QuickBooks Enterprise desktop?
Yes, you can download install, and use any version of QuickBooks Pro according to the availability or you want to use. So you can do install it but then take its license and run it properly.