QuickBooks Data Migration becomes essential when you want to transfer your existing data file to the QuickBooks platforms. However, it is a daunting task and poses risks to the integrity of your business accounting data. The different program has different data structures and level of hardships making it painful for the users to migrate data from the various accounting system to QuickBooks. It is also necessary to have a QB data file and a new file with the financial data of the last few fiscal years. Furthermore, when you migrate your data to QuickBooks, you can streamline your business accounting process including many additional benefits with the speed and familiarity of QuickBooks Desktop. Read this article till the end to explore further details of QuickBooks Data Migration.
Various type of Data Migration
- Migration from one accounting system to QuickBooks
- The Migration from one QuickBooks editions to another
- Migration of International Editions
Additionally, QuickBooks Data Migration services include:
- Dynamics GP to QuickBooks
- Account Edge to QuickBooks
- SAP B1 to QuickBooks
- Sage 50 US to QuickBooks
- Peachtree to QuickBooks
- DacEasy to QuickBooks, and more.
4 Benefits of QuickBooks Data Migration
Being a small business owner or account, you can trust QuickBooks that helps you to streamline your accounting and business processes. More benefits involved:
- With QuickBooks, you can easily create and customize your invoices and other sales document.
- Other users may also be connected to the QuickBooks account and granted special access.
- It is highly compatible with desktops and other applications on both Windows and Mac, making it easy to launch the program straight from your desktop.
- It is very easy to use, and without running into a steep learning curve, you can start working right away.
What is the Purpose of QuickBooks Data Migration?
The main purpose of using QuickBooks software is to simplify the accounting activity of your business process. Managing accounts by QuickBooks brings in reliability and accuracy also involves very minimal time. In the small and mid-sized business on-premise accounting software, QuickBooks is used for better performance. This guide helps you in easy migration of all the payroll and tax data to a new system.
There are situations when a business owner needs to migrate entire data into a new computer. It is very important to ensure that the entire data migration is successfully done. For that, we are providing you easy and reliable steps involved in the migration process. This will help you to smoothly migrate your QuickBooks financial data to a new computer and also helps you prevent data loss.
Who and all can perform the QuickBooks Migration
It depends on the way you set up your organization. You should be able to handle the migration yourself if you are self-employed or run a small business (Intuit also has a vast library of resources to help).
You’ll need an IT specialist having migration experience when you use several desktop applications or have a lot of historical data. From general desktop support to highly skilled engineers and architects, IT staff and skills differ. You need IT professionals with system experience or network administrators who understand networking and file-sharing to execute a good QuickBooks migration.
You should have a financial advisor or office manager on the business side that can express the financial needs of the organization, know the user and file access permissions, and what users will need with QuickBooks features. If you don’t have the resources in-house then you can hire outside expertise to manage your QuickBooks migration.
What isn’t imported when you migrate from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online?
There are certain features like credit card charges, reconciliation reports, report audit trails, and inventory that cannot be migrated to QuickBooks Online. The following features don’t convert from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online:
|Audit Trail||Online Bill Payment|
|Chart of Accounts||Password|
|Bill Payment||Print Mailing Labels|
|Credit Card Charges||Progress Invoices|
|Closing Date||Purchase Orders|
|Credit Card Charges||QuickBooks Payments|
|Custom Fields on Lists||Receive Items|
|Customers and Jobs||Reconcile|
|Group Items||Sales Rep|
|Inactive Elements on Lists||Sales Tax and Value-Added Tax (VAT)|
|Journal Entries||Tax Support|
|Multicurrency||Type: customer, vendor, job|
|Online Banking||To-Do list|
|Users and Permissions||Vendors|
2 Reliable steps for QuickBooks Data Migration to a New System
The below-listed migration process is pretty simple and easy-to-apply. The following steps help you to move all the important and confidential data when you’re changing your system.
There are two steps involved to migrate your data to a new system and the right one depends on how you use your application.
- Initially, launch your QuickBooks software by double-clicking on the same icon
- Go to the “File” from the top menu of your software screen
- From the drop-down menu, select “Save Copy or Backup”
- Now, a dialog window pops up on your screen
- Next, click “Backup copy” from the dialog window and then click the “Next” button
- Again hit “Local Backup” and then hit “Next”
- Press the radio button which is next to “Save Now” and then hit “Next”
- Choose the location or folder to save the file and then hit the “Save” button.
Once you’re done with the above process then it’ll initiate you to an automated backup process and export all the QuickBooks data into a single backup file. You also have to wait for the backup process to finish before closing the QuickBooks application. Sometimes, it may take little time as it depends upon the speed of your computer processor.
- Convert the backup file to a blank CD or drag a copy to a USB flash drive and then email it to yourself with an attachment
- Next, you have to transfer the backup file to your new system by USB flash drive or download it from the email that you sent to yourself
- Now, start the QuickBooks software on your new system
- After that, go to the File from the top menu and then pick “Open or Restore Company” from the drop-down menu
- A backup dialog window pops up and picks “Restore a Backup Copy” and then click “Next”
- Click the radio button which is next to “Local Backup” and then click “Next”
- Locate the backup file that you transferred with the proceeding window
- Finally, click “Open”.
After the completion of the entire process, QuickBooks will then import all your old data and transfer your old QuickBooks information to your new system. You’re all set to start working with your new system in a hassle-free manner.
Overall, migrating data from the on-premises application to QB isn’t always a straightforward process but with the above steps, you can easily perform the QuickBooks Data Migration. With this process of migration, you can also secure your business data, optimize productivity, and take your business to the next level. Moreover, you can reach out to the QuickBooks team of experts via email at email@example.com or Live Chat available 24*7 for more queries.