QuickBooks 2016 : Resolve Data Problems
The data problems in QuickBooks 2016 has been observed in QuickBooks and has been difficult to find out what is the exact reason for the occurrence of these data problems. QuickBooks offers different data file formats and when you send or transfer the data; ensure the right file to be used. If the hard drive crashes, which file you will back up. QBW file is the original working data file and is very important file. The other file is the QBB file that is a regular back up file. It is with QuickBooks by a local backup command. The QBB file includes the contents of TGL file and is larger than the QBW file. It may be due to any specific QuickBooks update release, or a Windows update or any other reason.
Data problems in QuickBooks 2016 version
When we discuss about QuickBooks 2016 data problems, it is something that many users have experienced. In case you are facing the data stability issue you can move to the data repair services. Facing Data Problems in QuickBooks 2016 Few of the data problems are related to data stability and are links of broken transactions, corrupt account balances, corruption in the TGL file, damaged lists and many more.
There are various possible reasons for the occurrence of this error that are mentioned below:
- Errors in upgrading older versions:
Data problems occur when upgrade failed from an earlier version to version 2016. In such scenario the users have to revert their pre-upgraded backup (created in the old version) and re-key from there.
- Broken transaction links:
In QuickBooks 2016 version payments get detached from bills and the bills are further not opened. The resolution for this error is to restore the last backup or to delete the bills manually. Thereafter, re-enter the damaged transactions. It occurs when you attempt to upgrade the software.
- Damaged Transaction lists:
There are situations when tasks are assigned again to the customers instantly. The transactions are further assigned to various customers and vendors when their data loses it synchronization on the customer center screen. The only way to resolve the issue is to restore the previous backup.
- Account balances corrupted:
It happens when you upgrade the software and to restore the last backup that was made before the upgrade is the way to resolve the issue.
- Corrupt TLG file:
A TLG data file that QuickBooks stores is a current TLG that needs to be applied to the previous backup file, and then bring the backup up to current condition.
Resolve Data Damage in QuickBooks Company File
Method 1: Run the Rebuild Data Utility
- Go to file menu -> click Utilities -> Rebuild Data.
- Click OK when you view a prompt to backup your company file.
- Then click OK when you get the message Rebuild has completed
- Move to the next step.
Method 2: Run the Verify Data Utility
- Go to file menu -> click Utilities -> Verify Data.
- Click OK once you view the message QuickBooks detected no error with your data. You can move ahead using your company file.
- If Data Verify identifies an issue with your data, you will be indicated to Rebuild Now or View Errors.
- Click Close. Else follow the following steps:
- Locate the QBWIN.log or QuickBooks.log files.
- Once files open, search the file to start the data verify process and locate the most recent file.
- Search the line that contains the LVL_ERROR. Paste it to QuickBooks Help. You can view the Data Damage Top LVL errors Library.
- Execute the steps to fix the issue.
In case you still face problem you can contact QuickBooks customer service number. The proficient QuickBooks team is on their heels to sort out the issue as early as possible.
But if you fail to connect QB support team you can contact one of the reliable QuickBooks Consulting Company that hires top QuickBooks professionals who are dedicated towards according excellent QuickBooks solutions to all the issues and queries. Facing Data Problems in QuickBooks 2016 Dial the toll free phone number contact and fetch the best support services for QuickBooks.