QuickBooks Won’t Open
Most users while using QuickBooks Desktop experience problems in opening the QuickBooks program. This includes problem of opening of particular QuickBooks company files or other problems associated with opening QuickBooks Desktop. If you are having issues to open QuickBooks Desktop after an update, this article will help you to resolve the problem. Before that, let us know the causes of this problem.
Causes of Not Being Able to Open QuickBooks after Update
There can be several causes for this problem such as follows:
- Your company name in QuickBooks Desktop is too long.
- You are using a damaged QBWUSER.INI file.
- You are using a missing QBWUSER.INI file.
- Your hard drive is corrupted.
- There are damaged program files.
- The installation of QuickBooks Desktop is wrong.
- Your Windows operating system is damaged.
How to Solve this Problem of not being Able to Open QuickBooks?
There are several ways which you can try on your own to resolve this problem:
Method 1: Make use of QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Download the QuickBooks Diagnostic Install Tool
- Once downloaded, save the file
- All open programs should be closed
- Run the tool
- Once this is completed, restart the computer
Method 2: Another method is to reboot the computer, open QuickBooks program and disable the Anti-virus software temporarily
Method 3: You can also rename the QBWUSER.ini file
- Open the folder where you have saved the QBWUSER.ini files
- Now right click the problematic file. Usually, check the files ending with .tlg or .nd.
- Select Rename
- Give a new name to the file and add .oldto the file name at the end
- Now, try to open the file.
Method 4 : Change the Company file location
- Copy the company file that is not opening to a different folder at a different location, preferably at the Desktop.
- Create a new folder on the Desktop
- Copy and paste the file in the new Folder
- Click open the file
- If the file opens, then this means that the folder in which it was stored earlier was a damaged one.
- If the file still does not open, then it means that the QuickBooks installation is corrupted or damaged.
Method 5: If you are not being able to open QuickBooks after an update, another method that you can try is to reinstall QuickBooks using Clean Install.
Method 6: Simplest solution if you are not able to open QuickBooks is to create a new User Account or a New Windows Admin User
Method 7: Last but not the least, make sure that the extension of the file, the type of file and the size of the file are as per QuickBooks recommendation.
Still not being able to open QuickBooks after an Update? Connect with us immediately
We are experts in providing solutions to all kinds of QuickBooks problems. For any issues, call QuickBooks Toll-free number +1-800-993-4190.
Scope of Services
- We provide our services 24 hours a day. So, we are just a phone call away
- We are backed by a team of highly experienced technical professional experts for your QuickBooks’ issues.
- We provide 100% guaranteed solutions to our clients at very affordable rates
- If you are not able to open QuickBooks after an Update, call us right now.