Intuit well known for developing QuickBooks small business accounting software has also branched out into supplementary products like Payroll and Point-of-Sale (POS) software applications. the maximum number of small businesses of all industries use this additional software. QuickBooks also features the potential to sync its merchant processing services with QuickBooks Point of Sale software.
QuickBooks POS is smartly arranged especially for the retail customers that are either in the process of opening a store and have yet to make a decision on how to manage the store or have been in business for a short time period. Their requirements are not being met by the solution they have implemented to their business. QuickBooks point of sale system accords the users with hefty tools to help retailers view their business at a glance. They also, perform everyday accounting operations more comfortably.
- 1 Productive Features of QuickBooks POS Software
- 2 QuickBooks POS Software Versions
- 3 Financial Tracking by QuickBooks POS Software
- 4 Benefits of QuickBooks POS Desktop
- 5 New Enhanced QuickBooks POS Desktop Features
- 6 Implement the Right POS Software for the Respective Industry
- 7 FAQ
Productive Features of QuickBooks POS Software
- Identify details about stock (availability of items, items to be ordered, items with high demand, etc.) by the real-time inventory tracking feature
- Comprise of reporting tools to track customer interests and provide better, personalized services
- Easy synchronization capabilities to electronically transfer sales information to QuickBooks Accounting software and data entry errors
- You can also Ring up sales easily by accepting credit cards and keeping checkout lines moving.
QuickBooks POS Software Versions
QuickBooks Point of Sale is available in two versions: Basic and Pro versions. You can examine the embedded functional inbuilt features to determine which will be the right one to implement according to your business. The POS Pro generally offers more customization of the system’s features. If you are the owner of a multi-store you will definitely need the POS Pro version, as the Basic version does not support more than one location. Most businesses prefer to pay using credit cards today. Accepting credit and debit cards helps more efficient to integrate your credit card processing with your POS system. the integration of QuickBooks Point of Sale with merchant service by Inuit is easy.
Financial Tracking by QuickBooks POS Software
Capturing the entire data of the credit card transactions in QuickBooks Point of Sale is done automatically. Integrated automation between these two systems curtails the tedious and time-consuming manual process. Additionally, you can integrate the back-end services (such as ordering merchandise or raw materials from your suppliers). The QB POS software seamlessly tracks inventory levels and notifies you when to place a reorder. You can create the purchase orders in QuickBooks Desktop and receives the inventory. You can track both the things when it arrives.
Benefits of QuickBooks POS Desktop
QuickBooks POS Desktop software is the ultimate way to ring sales, accept credit cards, manage vendors and inventory, and build customer relationships. The benefits/features of the POS desktop are as follows:
- Complete features embedded in the Desktop Point of Sale System
- Maximize scalability with multi-location retailers
- Manage sales, inventory, and customer tracking
- Easily syncs with QuickBooks Desktop
- Offers faster startup & haste workflows than an earlier version
- Time-saving with multi-tasking, sorting, and shortcuts
- Smooth credit card processing with QuickBooks Payments
New Enhanced QuickBooks POS Desktop Features
- Exceptional keyboard shortcuts
- Time Saving with Effective Performance (10 x faster startup time & workflows)
- Arranging Key Workflows such as Ring a Sale, Received Items, Returned Items
- Support for backing up files with sizes greater than 4 GB
- EMV Chip Card Ready
- Permits excelling screen readability with improved visual design
- Handling multiple tasks by working on different parts of the program (like sales receipt, checking reports, etc.)
Implement the Right POS Software for the Respective Industry
Learning your business requirements is very essential before introducing the POS software to your business. The requirements of business differ and so do the software. So choose the right one for your businesses that meets your requirements with the business to success. the respective industries are as follows:-
- Retail POS System: QuickBooks POS for retail stores is cost-effective, easy to use, and a great way to boost your bottom line.
- Quick Service POS: Quick Service POS is built by entrepreneurs and mainly focuses on speed, efficiency, and security to process orders faster.
- Liquor Store POS: If you are an owner of a wine or a liquor store this POS offers quick service and efficient inventory management.
- POS Hardware: A retail point of sale software comprises a cash register (that in modern times involves a receipt printer, computer, cash drawer, monitor, customer display, and a barcode scanner) and the majority of retail POS systems also include a debit/credit card reader.
If you have any queries related to QuickBooks POS Software contact Businessaccountings.com. It has been at a reliable QuickBooks Consulting Services. We roof QB professionals, who with their extensive experience will suggest the right guidance that can be your route to business success. To know more about us visit www.businessaccountings.com.
What is the Hardware for QuickBooks Point of Sale that supports it?
1. Cash Drawers- Star 13 x 13 Cash Drawer, Star 16 x 16 Cash Drawer, mPOP 2 in 1 Cash Drawer and Receipt Printer
2. Barcode Scanners- Zebra DS2278 (wireless), Zebra DS2208 (wired)
3. Receipt Printer- Star TSP 100 ECO
4. PINPads- Ingenico IPP350, Ingenico Tetra Lane 5000
5. Card Swipe- Magtek 21040110
6. Tag Printer- Zebra ZD410
7. Physical Inventory Scanners- Cipherlab 8000 / 8001
8. Pole Display- Logic Controls LD-99
How to install hardware within QuickBooks Point of Sale to support it while working?
1. Click on File menu in QuickBooks
2. Select the Hardware Setup Wizard
3. Then you have to choose the type of hardware you want to install
4. After that click on the Next button to continue
5. Follow all the instructions displayed on your screen that help you to connect, set up, and test all the hardware.
Are there some tips that I have to check before using QuickBooks Point of Sale?
1. Make sure that your Windows system must be up-to-date
2. You have installed and connect all the hardware properly
3. QuickBooks Point of Sale is installed and updated on your computer
4. The drivers of hardware are also up-to-date.