QuickBooks is an accounting software application that is utilized by organizations of all sizes. While utilizing QuickBooks, on the off chance that you get error messages, for example, “QuickBooks couldn’t open your company file” or “QuickBooks is unable to open this company file” or “QuickBooks Won’t Open Company File” at that point we can help you. This article offers helpful hints to investigate errors QuickBooks won’t open the company file.
Reason Behind Non Opening of QuickBooks Company File
- QuickBooks Company file damaged or corrupted.
- QuickBooks Company file is already open by another user on the shared network.
- Incorrect method to open a particular file type
- Issues with reports and other windows within the file.
- Using the wrong version of QuickBooks to open the QuickBooks Company file
- Issues with folder permissions, compressed or encrypted file, problems with file name and extension, or data damage.Error messages may include -6000 series, HX0X errors, C=XXX messages, Unrecoverable errors, and Error 3371.
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Won’t Open Company File Issue
- Initially, guarantee the issue is with the file and not with the program. Press the Control key and double tap on the QuickBooks symbol. In the event that QuickBooks does not begin, that is the issue. Be that as it may, if this isn’t the issue, proceed with the accompanying advances.
- Using latest updated version of QuickBooks.
- Open the file with the same QuickBooks version that last opened it.
- Open the company file through QuickBooks.
- Stop reports as well as other QuickBooks windows from opening by pressing the Alt key.
- Try to open a sample company file. If the file does not open, then the problem is with the QuickBooks installation.
- Change the location of the company file.
- Take a look the properties of the file. Go to Windows Explorer and right click the File to choose properties. The file size should be at least 7 MB, and it should not be encrypted or compressed.
- Try renaming the file.
- Remove multi-user access by clicking on the Utilities button in the file menu.
How to Reach Us?
Get Experts Advice to Fix Your All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems