QuickBooks Accounting Software
QuickBooks is user-friendly software. It has made work faster for all people in the accounting world. It has many multi-purpose features which make it a great tool for mistake-free work. Not only growing startups and small organizations are increasingly using QuickBooks but even mid-size business houses are using QuickBooks according to their needs
Different versions of QuickBooks are Enterprise, Pro, and Premier and the choice has to be made by an organization according to the requirements. Managing money flow, inventory management, timely payments, etc become smoother with QuickBooks.
QuickBooks users can access files from any part of the globe. However, just like any other software, even QuickBooks users can have doubts. Talking to a QuickBooks expert becomes more essential in such cases. It is better to ask a QuickBooks trained expert for any kind of advice related to QuickBooks like how to Recover Deleted Invoice in QuickBooks. Let’s check out the possible solutions for one such doubt that a QuickBooks user might face. Also, you can contact the QuickBooks technical support team at Businessaccountings.com on the toll-free number- contact .
What happens if by mistake a user deletes an invoice while working on QuickBooks?
There isn’t a way to recover a deleted transaction or invoice in QuickBooks. However, the only way to recover is to type again. However, the user will obviously need the information to know what was there in that invoice. For that purpose, an Audit log can be used.
To check the deleted transaction, follow these steps:
- The Gear Icon at the top right has to be clicked and choose Audit Log.
- Select the drop-down arrow beside Filter.
- Choose All Users and All dates.
- The radio button beside the Show only these events option has to be ticked. It’s under Events.
- The box besides Transactions has to be Checked and then click the ‘Apply’ button.
- Check out the invoice button, and click View.
- The time to show the details has to be clicked.
- The invoice has to be re-created by clicking the Plus sign (+) at the top.
- Choose Invoice.
- Type in the required info and then Save.
Ways to Recover Deleted Invoice in QuickBooks
Solution 1- Recover deleted invoice from Account Register
- QuickBooks has to be launched. ‘Reports’ has to be clicked in the main menu. Choose ‘Accountants and Taxes’ followed by “Voided/Deleted Transactions Detail” from the context menu.
- Check voided transactions on the list. Note down the transaction amount.
- The ‘Lists’ has to be clicked in the main navigation menu and then from the drop-down choose ‘Chart of Accounts’.
- The account that contains the voided transaction has to be double-clicked to open the account register. Once a transaction is voided, the program will show the transaction in the account register. It changes the transaction amount to zero.
- Look through transactions in the account register. The voided transaction has to be clicked and highlighted.
- -The original transaction amount has to be put into the amount field on the transaction. Then ‘Save’ or ‘Record’ for restoring the transaction with the acquired info in the account register.
Solution 2- Recover deleted invoice in QuickBooks using Audit Log
- Open QuickBooks Desktop on your Windows computer
- Then click on the Settings that is gear icon on the top right side of the QuickBooks window
- Further, select the option Audit Log
- In this, click on the Filter option that has a drop-down menu
- Apply the filters to Zero on the deleted invoice
- Click on the Apply button to save these changes and get your results according to the filter applied
- Select the transaction that is deleted
- After that from the History column, click on the View option
- Under the Event check for the information that is required and important.
Solution 3- Recover deleted invoice in QuickBooks using the Restore method
- In QuickBooks, click on the File menu option
- Further select the option, Open or Restore a backup file
- Click on the Next button
- Then select the local backup if the backup file is stored on your computer
- Click on the Next button
- Search for the backup file
- Then select the file to restore it in QuickBooks
- Click on the Open button to open it
- You have to click on the Save and then the restore process starts.
For knowing the above steps in detail, the user can take help from the QuickBooks tech Service. A QuickBooks trained expert will help you at each step. Businessaccountings.com has the best QuickBooks customer support executives.
Doubts and questions are usually always there while working on software. A QuickBooks user can sign up with Businessaccountings.com for any kind of help or general info regarding the software. If you want to directly contact a QuickBooks expert, straightaway call Businessaccountings.com technical support executives on the toll-free number contact . They are available at any time of the day or night.
How can I recreate manually and use the Audit log to recover a deleted invoice in QuickBooks?
1. In QuickBooks, click on the Gear icon
2. Go to the Tools
3. Then select option Audit Log
4. In the drop-down Filter
*** Choose the User, Events, and Date filter
*** Then click on Apply button
5. Search for the transactions that you have deleted. To find press the Ctrl + F button and type delete and then press Enter button
6. Select the history column and then click on the View button
7. In the Event column, you are able to see all the information
What happens when you delete the transaction and are you able to recover a deleted invoice in QuickBooks?
When you delete the transaction then it deletes from everywhere it is connected. You cannot recover the deleted transactions. That is why if you want to delete it then do void the invoice transaction that you can also recover and is available with its connected accounts and transactions. So instead of delete always void an invoice in QuickBooks.
Can I restore a deleted invoice in QuickBooks using the Backup File?
Yes, for this you have to restore the backup into your QuickBooks account. You have to go to the File menu then select Open or Restore Company. After that, select the option Restore a backup copy that is stored locally or online whatever it is. Then click the Next button and find the recent backup and click the OK button. Select location to restore backup file then click the OK button.