Reasons for canceling sale in cash register QuickBooks POS:
There can be several reasons for canceling sales in cash register QuickBooks POS. Some of them are as follows:
- When the customer makes any last-minute change in deciding whether to cancel or to add an item for cash transaction at POS.
- In case when the sale representative by mistake enters a wrong sale entry in cash registers QuickBooks POS.
- Sometimes the cash register shows a wrong value, then there arises a need for canceling sale in cash register QuickBooks POS.
- Sometimes if the customer faces any exceptional issues in making the payment, the entire sale then needs to be canceled.
Let us resolve the issue of Cancelling sale in cash register QuickBooks POS:
Quick Fix 1:
Please follow these steps in order to cancel the sale in cash register QuickBooks POS:
- You will notice that the cash registers have ‘Cancel’ or ‘Void’ buttons.
- By clicking them you can delete any item in the cash list.
- Once you press the ‘Cancel’ button, you will be asked to supply the correct information of the item you wish to enter.
- Whatever changes you make, will be automatically updated in the subtotal.
Please Note: Depending on the make and the model of the cash register, you might be asked for the product identification in order to cancel the transaction.
Quick Fix 2:
Sometimes when you try to cancel the sale in cash register QuickBooks POS, another problem arises i.e. the cash drawer opens up after credit sale. If you face this issue, here is the solution to the problem:
- Click on ‘Start.’ Alternatively, you can also click on the ‘Windows’ icon.
- In the search text bar please type ‘Printers’ and then press the enter key.
- Now you need to right-click on the receipt printer.
- Choose the ‘Printing Preference’ option from the drop-down list.
- Open the ‘Layout’ tab.
- Now you need to select the ‘Advanced’ option.
- Here you will see all the cash drawers that are available to you. Click on the ‘Never open’ option for each cash drawer that you are facing the issue with.
- Once you have made the changes, please click on ‘OK.’
- Close the ‘Printers’ folder.
- Shut down your computer and printer.
- Wait for a while before you switch them on again.
- After the wait switch on the computer and the printer.
- This restart is done to allow your computer and the printer to adjust to the new changes that you have made. The above steps should resolve the issue.
Scope of Service:
This article was designed to be a handy and comprehensive guide for you to resolve the canceling of anything in the sale transaction in cash register QuickBooks POS. We understand that you may feel the need for any customized support. For that, we are happy to assist you.
- For any issues, call QuickBooks Technical 24/7 Toll-free number