QuickBooks POS error 3170 generally occurs when there is a duplicate name between QB Point of Sale and QB Desktop. When the error encountered, a message pops up on your screen stated as [QODBC] Error: 3170 – There was an error when modifying a data extension named ‘Sent To FS’. QuickBooks error message: This action needs a valid closing date password. If you are also facing the same issue then don’t worry! With the help of this blog, you can easily fix POS error code 3170 as it covers all the possible solutions for this error.
Possible causes of QuickBooks POS error 3170
It is pretty important to know the reasons behind any error to fix them. Likewise, it is also important to know the reason for QB POS error 3170 to fix it. These are:
- The error can occur when the user attempts to alter an element of the vendor/customer list that is not complete or if the company file is corrupt.
- In the background of Windows, some active programs might crash, leading to QuickBooks Point Of Sale Error 3170.
- Some QuickBooks records have been removed by corrupting some other programs or files in the device itself.
- If the QuickBooks POS app does not have the most recent updates available.
Troubleshooting methods to fix QuickBooks POS error 3170
Check out various troubleshooting methods to fix this error:
Method 1: Check the Activity Log
The error mainly consists of the name of the vendor or customer. If you already have the name of the vendor or customer then go to the next method or else perform the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the Customers menu within the QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Next, select and click “Customer List”
- After that, make a right-click on the column header
- Now, move to the Customize columns and select the “QB Status” option
- Sort out the list from the QuickBooks Status header
- Find out the customer name which shows error status or that is not posting.
Method 2: Edit the Customer or the Vendor name
- Initially, go to the Customers menu and choose Customer Center
- Similarly, go to the Vendors menu and open Vendor Center
- Next, click the name that you find in your first step and click “Edit”
- Now, at the end of the name, you have to add number 1
- Hit “Ok” and then run Financial Exchange.
Method 3: Merge the name that you edited above
If the above solutions do not resolve your issue then perform these steps as a final step by merging the edited name and create a new name using Financial Exchange
- Now, go to the “Edited name” and Double-click on the same button.
- Next, you need to delete/remove the “1” number mentioned, and then click “Ok”
- After that, QB prompt you to merge the vendor or customer to the vendor or customer that was created using Financial Exchange
- At last, select “Yes”.
Contact the team for more Queries
Basically, you have to try modifying the customer or vendor element and verify the error whether it is resolved or not. Hopefully, with the above-provided methods; you can make it possible by troubleshooting the QuickBooks POS Error 3170. In any case, if you stuck or facing difficulty then Contact our expert’s team of QuickBooks. Alternatively, you can do a live chat that is available all round the clock to assist you.