QuickBooks Desktop fields display black instead of white
Many times you will come across an issue that the QuickBooks Desktop will display certain fields in Black instead of White. This is a display issue which can be easily solved by carrying out certain steps.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Desktop Fields Display Black Instead of White issue
- The sizing icons at the top right of a window don’t appear.
- A field overwrites and hides its name.
- Missing a few buttons.
- A transaction form doesn’t fit on the display.
- The screen is distorted when you maximize or minimize it.
- The font size has become too big
Steps to Resolve The Black and White Issue in QuickBooks.
Step 1: Check if QuickBooks have been closed properly.
Before beginning with any process you need to make sure that the QuickBooks has been closed properly and any QBW32.exe file is not running in the background. You can identify the same by carrying out the following steps.
- Go to the Start menu of Windows.
- In the search bar type task manager and press enter.
- Open the processes running with the task manager.
- Here look for files with the extension. QBO, QuickBooks, QWB32.exe, and select End task. IF you do not find any files with such extension that means that your QuickBooks has been closed properly and you can proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Restart and Reboot.
- Restart your PC and reboot it.
- Re-register your QuickBooks by running a reboot.bat file.
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Right-click on the QuickBooks desktop icon and select open file location.
- Right-click on the reboot.bat file and click on run as administrator.
- A DOS-based command window (black in color) will open up and start running certain file names on its own.
Do not close this window manually. When the windows have completed running reboot.bat it will close automatically.
Step 3: Update the video card drivers.
You will need to follow the following steps to update the video cards to its latest release.
- Press Windows+R. This will open the run command.
- Type dxdiag in the Run window and select Ok.
- The windows will display the DirectX diagnostic tool giving out the information of the drivers installed.
- Select Display and take note of the manufacturer and Driver model.
- Based on the said info search for the necessary update.
Step 4: Change the windows theme to basic.
- On the Windows desktop right click your mouse button.
- Select personalize.
- Choose any one of the basic themes available on Windows.
- Select Ok.
- Restart PC.
Step 5: Edit the QWB.ini file in the QuickBooks
- Open the QWB.ini file.
- This would be available under the C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks (2018,2017, Enterprise solution 18.0, etc as the case may be)\QWB.ini
- At the end of this file paste the following text:
- Save this QWB.ini file.
Open your QuickBooks and see if the black and white issue has been resolved. If the issue persists or if you are facing any problem in carrying out any of the aforesaid steps you can get in touch with our QuickBooks team on our We have a pool of trained professionals who can handle any QuickBooks related query efficiently.
Our Scope of Services:
- 365 days availability round the clock 24X7.
- Minimum waiting period on call.
- Prompt response to all the queries.
- Customer satisfaction guaranteed.