Overview on QuickBooks Error 6144 82
QuickBooks’ financial application is unanimously accepted by the small and medium-sized business sector. It has maintained its popularity because of it is eclectic and advanced features integrated into a user-friendly dashboard. The software has simplified the ways to handle accounting and financial activities. The software is designed to tackle complex business tasks without user interference. The software is quite adept in tackling even the most complex of tasks without needing interference from the user.
As it is a fact that errors and issues go hand in hand. Similarly, QuickBooks also encounters certain errors and 6000 series is one of the common errors that the users generally face while handling the software. Out of so many error codes, QuickBooks Error 6144 82 is one that signifies issues within the network connection. For error resolution, you must immediately connect with the QuickBooks experts by calling the QuickBooks Tech .
Exact Error Shown While Using QB:
Error Number: Error 6144 82
Error Name: QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82
Error Description: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience
Developer: Intuit Inc.Applies to: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8
Some of the symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82
- The active application window crashes once QuickBooks Error 6144 arrives.
- While running the same application, your system frequently crashes with QuickBooks Error 6144 82.
- Windows runs slowly and counters sluggishly to mouse or keyboard input.
- At times your computer systematically “freezes” for a few seconds.
- You might also see various QuickBooks Error 6144 82
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6144 and 6144 82
- Corrupted Windows system files or QuickBooks-related program files due to a virus or malware infection.
- Incomplete installation or corrupt download of QuickBooks.
- Harmful deletion of QuickBooks-related QB files caused by some other application.
- A recent QuickBooks-related change can induce corruption in the Windows registry.
- If you see QuickBooks Error -6144 -82, then it could point to network issues on your server or your system in particular.
How to Resolve the Error 6144 82?
Ensure prior recovering the application attempt the below solutions mentioned.
- The simple way to fix this QuickBooks error code is QuickBooks File Doctor tool. Go to Intuits website, download and install it successfully to your system that witnesses the error occurred. Then run the tool and it will perform a thorough scan of the system. Then it finds out the area the error has occurred, identify the exact cause and resolve it in minutes. For the issues is unable to locate by the file doctor tool or the you still face the same error , it recommended to follow the steps mentioned below. For you to download and install the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool you need to follow the steps written below:
- Download the tool and install it on the QuickBooks hosted system
- Run the tool once it is installed. Make sure that you are logged in Administrator to execute the resolution steps.
- Now two options will be displayed – (a) Network Connectivity Only & (b) Both File Damage and Network Connectivity. You need to click on (a) option as it will ensure that not only QuickBooks Error 6144 82 is fixed, it will also detect any data and file corruption.
- The tool prompts the user to enter the password. Admin password should be provided in this step.
- You will be asked whether the company file is hosted on Workstation or Server. In case it is hosted on the Server -> click ‘Yes’ option otherwise select the tab labeled ‘No’.
- Click to move to next step that accords extensive results on the system regarding the QuickBooks Error 6144 82 .
- Remember that QuickBooks version and edition is used to update the software with the latest product release by Intuit and upgrades to latest version.
- Verify the location of the software – it is hosted locally or is used over a network server – the 6000 series error can still occur.
- Note that the company files you attempted to open needs to be accessed when every method completes so that it can be verified to know the actual cause.
The below methods will successfully function if the file is to be opened on a network server because the application is hosted on another system.
Method 1: Ensure the hosting feature for all Systems
It is suggested that only one system or network server hosts the program and its related company files. Follow the steps to verify:
- Press F2 key and it will lists you a new window showcasing the details required about the software.
- Find out the area showcasing the Local Server Information. The hosting icon should be turned off.
Method 2: Reset the Firewall Ports
Firewall hindrance is a common way that access to the file is restricted. So the user needs to reset the permission restrictions and the issue will be resolved.
Method 3: Manually Track the Settings for Folder Access:
The permission settings for the folder might restrict access to the company file. In that case, the user fails to open the company files, and settings are reconfigured. It is a manual process and no technical expertise required.
Need Experts Help?
The above-mentioned methods should resolve QuickBooks Error 6144 82 easily. In case the error persists it is advisable with a certified QuickBooks Customer Service team who is adept in handling all sorts of QuickBooks technical issues in a minimum wait period. Also, you can reach QuickBookstechnical.help through the Toll-Free + contact and fetch quick and effective QB solutions.