Not enough space on drive C:\ to extract this package
At times, while installing QuickBooks Desktop software, users face the error message “There is not enough space on the c drive to extract this package”. Such an error occurs during the process of installing or extracting QuickBooks Desktop installer package. Let us find out below the cause of this error and how you can resolve it.
Causes of the QuickBooks Error “There is not enough space on the c drive to extract this package”
- Your device does not have the 1GB memory required to install QuickBooks software
- At times, the software itself cannot detect the memory available in the system.
- The QuickBooks installer package is corrupted etc.
Methods to Solve QuickBooks Error “There is not enough space on the c drive to extract this package”
You can try to do the following to solve the error:
- First of all, ensure that there is enough disk space on the system. Even if the recommended space requirement is 1 GB, it is always better to have more space than 1 GB.
- It is advisable to keep the temporary files directory on the drive which has enough free space.
- Also, it is recommended to delete the temporary files regularly so that more space is available on the system.
- When the error there is not enough space on the c drive to extract this package is displayed, you can also try rebooting the system as a first step towards solving the issue. This process will help in clearing up the available space present on the device
- Sometimes, the error occurs not because of any problem with the device but because of problem in the software package itself. It can be that the QuickBooks Desktop software package was not fully downloaded or may be corrupted. Hence, users can also try to download a new package and install it again. It is recommended to use the latest QuickBooks software.
- Use a different extraction program to unzip the package
- Free up C-drive space by clearing all the junk files.
- Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic (QBInstall) tool after downloading it from the Net. Make sure all other running programs are closed when you run the QBInstall tool. Once done, restart the computer and start the installation process of the QuickBooks Desktop software.
Still Facing the Problem of QuickBooks Error “There is not enough space on the c drive to extract this package”
If you are still facing problem in installing QuickBooks software, get in touch with us for quick support. For any issues, call QuickBooks Toll-free number 1-800-993-4190. We are a reputed QuickBooks Technical support service provider to fix all your QuickBooks problems.
Scope of Services
- We are available all the year round 24 hours
- Our team comprises experienced technical experts who can solve any issues/problems related to QuickBooks
- Our reliable and efficient services have been widely appreciated by clients spread across the globe
- Last but not the least, our tech support services are available at very cost-effective rates.