Not enough space on drive C:\ to extract this package
At times, while installing QuickBooks Desktop software, users face the error message “There is not enough space on the c drive to extract this package”. Such an error occurs during the process of installing or extracting the QuickBooks Desktop installer package. Let us find out below the cause of this error and how you can resolve it.
Causes of the QuickBooks Error “There is not enough space on the c drive to extract this package”
- Your device does not have the 1GB memory required to install QuickBooks software
- At times, the software itself cannot detect the memory available in the system.
- The QuickBooks installer package is corrupted etc.
Methods to Solve QuickBooks Error “There is not enough space on the c drive to extract this package”
You can try to do the following to solve the error:
Total Time: 20 minutes
First of all, ensure that there is enough disk space on the system. Even if the recommended space requirement is 1 GB, it is always better to have more space than 1 GB.
It is advisable to keep the temporary files directory on the drive which has enough free space.
Also, it is recommended to delete the temporary files regularly so that more space is available on the system.
When the error there is not enough space on the c drive to extract this package is displayed, you can also try rebooting the system as a first step towards solving the issue. This process will help in clearing up the available space present on the device
Sometimes, the error occurs not because of any problem with the device but because of a problem in the software package itself. It can be that the QuickBooks Desktop software package was not fully downloaded or may be corrupted. Hence, users can also try to download a new package and install it again. It is recommended to use the latest QuickBooks software.
Use a different extraction program to unzip the package
Free up C-drive space by clearing all the junk files.
Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic (QBInstall) tool after downloading it from the Net. Make sure all other running programs are closed when you run the QBInstall tool. Once done, restart the computer and start the installation process of the QuickBooks Desktop software.
Alternate Methods to Resolve The QuickBooks Error “There is not enough space on the c drive to extract this package”
Solution 1- Check the hard drive
- In Windows system, click on the Start menu button
- Click on My Computers
- Open the File manager
- Then click on My Computers or This PC
- Go to the C: drive
- Then right-click on C: drive and select option Properties
- Here you can see the free space that is available.
Solution 2- Set up a folder and access permissions
- Open the File Explorer into your computer
- Go to the C: drive and open it
- Now navigate to the location Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp
- Then right-click on the Temp folder
- From options, choose Properties option
- Go to the tab Sharing and then click on the Share option
- You have to add the Windows User Profile
- Also, add the QBDataServiceUser that is respective to the year edition of QuickBooks
- Allow full access to the users and then click the OK button.
Solution 3- Clean Up Disk Space
- Go to the Windows search box with the Start menu
- Type disk cleanup and press Enter button
- The window of Disk Cleanup opens up
- Now choose the drive in which you want to clean up space
- Then click on the OK button and continue
- In the Files to delete option
- Select the type of file you want to delete
- Mention the description of file type
- Click on the OK button
- In case, you want more space then select the system files
- In Disk cleanup
- Select the clean-up system files
- Choose the type of files
- Then click on the OK button.
Solution 4- Delete the temp folders from your Computer
- Open the Run window
- Then type %temp%
- Press Enter button from the keyboard
- In the temp folder, hold and press Ctrl + A to select all the temp files
- Press the Delete key from the keyboard to delete all the temp files
- Now check for disk space and try to extract the package.
Solution 5- Uninstall the Programs that you don’t use
- Open the Control Panel
- Click on the Programs or Programs and features option
- Again, click on Programs and Features
- Then it shows you the list of Programs installed into your Windows computer
- After that, choose the program that is not used and you want to remove it to free up space
- Right-click on the program and click on Uninstall/Change option
- Follow steps shown in uninstall wizard
- After the uninstallation, check for space and try to open the package.
Solution 6- Use QuickBooks Tool Hub
It helps you to refresh the install file into your system. So run the QuickBooks tool hub to identify and fix the problem. The steps are:-
- In your system, close QuickBooks and other programs if running
- Then download the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Save it into your system at desired location or default (downloads) location
- Now go to the downloaded file and double-click on it
- It opens the install wizard to start the installation
- Then follow the steps you see on your screen
- After that, when it is done completely click on the Finish button
- Go to the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon on your Desktop
- If you won’t find it on Desktop then search it in the Start menu search option and press Enter button to open it
- Now, you have to choose an option according to the issue that you are facing for less storage to open the package
- These options are:-
- Company File Issues
- Network Issues
- Password Reset
- Installation Issues
- Advanced Tools
- Program Problems
- Help and Support
- Then scan the system for the problem and fix it
- After this, try to open the package and check for errors.
Still Facing the Problem of QuickBooks Error “There is not enough space on the c drive to extract this package”
If you are still facing problems in installing QuickBooks software, get in touch with us for quick support. We are a reputed QuickBooks experts service provider to fix all your QuickBooks problems.
Get Experts Advice to Fix Your All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
Scope of Services
- We are available all the year round 24 hours
- Our team comprises experienced technical experts who can solve any issues/problems related to QuickBooks
- Our reliable and efficient services have been widely appreciated by clients spread across the globe
- Last but not the least, our tech support services are available at very cost-effective rates.
What if I want to delete all my temporary files to fix the QuickBooks error? There is not enough space on the C drive to extract this package?
1. Open the File Explorer on your desktop
2. Then go to the path C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp
3. Then press enter button or you can copy this path and paste it into your file explorer
4. It opens up the temp folder on your screen
5. Then to delete all temp files press Ctrl + A keys together to select all files
6. Then press the Delete button from your keyboard
7. If any confirmation pops up then press the yes button
8. It deletes all the temp files and makes more space available in your system.
How to set up folder access permissions when you get a QuickBooks error if there is not enough space on the C drive to extract this package?
1. Open the file Explorer by pressing Windows + E keys together or click on the yellow folder icon that is shown below in the taskbar
2. Type %temp% to open the temp folder in the location bar
3. Right-click on the Temp folder
4. Then select the Properties option
5. You have to select the Sharing
6. Then click on the Share button
7. Now, Add the Windows user Profile and also the QBDataServiceUserXX for your QuickBooks software
8. Provide the permission to Full Control
9. After that, click on Share and it is done.
What other thing can be done to fix the QuickBooks error if there is not enough space on the C drive to extract this package?
You can also restart your computer then unzip the package that you want to use any other extracting software. If it doesn’t work then try to do it by re-downloading the package and then opening it again to check for the error.