Reasons that lead to online Bank feed issue in QuickBooks
- Syncing problems amid your bank account and QuickBooks software.
- It may be due to regaining transactions older than 90 days.
- Also, QuickBooks not carrying a particular bank account could be a problem.
Methods to Fix Online Bank Feed Issues in QuickBooks
Quick Fix 1:
Please bear in mind the following points for troubleshooting the online bank feed issues in QuickBooks:
- Personal Financial Management or PFN is the first mandatory step in order to establish any identity confirmation with any bank. So please check if you have established it.
- To check it, you can try logging in to the bank account from another platform other than the QuickBooks account.
- Once you have logged in click on ‘Inbox’ or the ‘Message Center’ to check for any notifications on Personal Financial Management.
If you are unsure about the above steps then you can directly contact the bank for assistance.
Quick Fix 2:
As a second solution to this issue you can manually update your bank feeds to initiate the download of your bank transactions.
You can do so in the following steps:
- Open QuickBooks.
- On the left-hand side, you will see the ‘Banking’ option. Click on it.
- You will now see the ‘Bank and Credit’ section.
- This will open the banking account/s that you are dealing with.
- Select the banking account in which you are facing this error.
- Click on the ‘Update’ option.
The above steps should initiate the process of downloading your bank transactions. In case it still does not start then:
- Open your Bank’s website.
- Log into your account with your Username and Password.
- Manually download your bank transactions.
- From the Download folder in your computer locate the downloaded bank transactions and import them into your QuickBooks account.
- You can import them with the help of the ‘Web-connect file’ option.
Quick Fix 3:
You can try activating the TLS 1.2 Security Protocol. Please follow these steps to do so:
Please note: You would need the latest version of Internet Explorer 11 for this process.
- Open Internet Explorer 11.
- Click on the settings icon- the gear image. You can find it on the upper right corner of the screen
- Select ‘Internet Options’ and then the ‘Advanced’ option.
- Select ‘Security.’
- Uncheck the box next to ‘USE TLS 1.0’
- Tick mark the box next to ‘USE TLS 2’
- Click on ‘Apply’ and then on ‘OK.’
- Close all the open windows and rest your computer.
Quick Fix 4:
Another way to resolve the ‘QuickBooks online bank feed not working’ issue is:
- Create a new account.
- Feed your bank details.
- Merge the two accounts to resolve the error.
Quick Fix 5:
If the above solution doesn’t work then:
- Deactivate all the accounts which have online services.
- Download them again.
- Check whether the issue has resolved.
We hope after reading the article you were able to resolve- ‘QuickBooks online bank feed not working’ error. In case you feel the need to discuss any of your doubts or need any customized support, our team of experts is here to assist you! For any issues:
Get Experts Advice to Fix Your All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems