Are you tired of damaged data because of QuickBooks error C=272?
Do you want to run the Rebuild data but every time you run it you get the error on your screen?
Here you get to know everything about the QuickBooks Error C=272. The information that you get is how it happens, what it causes, what its reasons are, and how to fix it. Let’s read out this article to identify the reason and solution steps to resolve this error code.
How QuickBooks Error C=272 happens?
When the user runs the Verify Data Utility or the Rebuild Data in their QuickBooks Desktop then this error happens. Another reason is that when the user runs a memorized report or the work data.
What happens when you caught QuickBooks Error C=272?
When a user got this error then all the information of operations, client, and payroll also gets broken, damaged, or corrupted. This causes the software to stop working. To repair it you must check for the reason and follow the solutions. One more important thing is that you must have the backup of your data so that you can restore it anytime whenever required.
What is the list of reasons that triggered the QuickBooks Error C=272?
The list of reasons is mentioned here. So, identify the reason for your system that cause you this issue so that you can go with the related solution to fix the QuickBooks Error C=272 in your QuickBooks program. The reasons are:-
- While navigating a report data
- Verify or rebuild utility that encounters the target Bit Set that is outside of the expected range of QuickBooks
- When you are printing the W2 forms or q099 forms
- Damaged data of your QuickBooks program
- Running the memorized report that was made in the older version of QuickBooks.
What is the best method to fix the QuickBooks Error C=272?
The method to resolve the error code is mentioned in detailed steps so that you can easily apply the steps one by another. Follow these 4 steps to fix the error code C=272 in your QuickBooks Desktop account. The steps are:-
Step #1: Open the QuickBooks Sample Company File
- Open the QuickBooks desktop software
- Press and hold the Ctrl button from the keyboard when you open the QuickBooks
- When the No Company Open screen opens up then release the Ctrl button from the keyboard
- Click on the option Open Sample File
- Choose the sample file from the available list to open it
- Then choose the file and click on the button Open Sample File
- Again click on the Sample file from the list
- In the end, open the sample file.
Note- If you got an error before opening the No Company File window then skip to Step 2.
Step #2: Disable the compatibility mode of Window using the QuickBooks shortcut icon
- Go to the QuickBooks icon and then right-click on it
- Select the option Properties from the drop-down menu
- Click on the Compatibility tab
- Check that the checkbox named Run Program incompatibility option is un-marked
- After that, click on the OK button to continue
- Now click on the Cancel button and move to the next step
Step #3: Disable the compatibility of Windows for the file qbw32.exe
- Select the QuickBooks Desktop icon and then right-click on it
- Now, select the option Properties from the drop-down options
- Open the QB installation folder and then click on the shortcut
- Click on the Find option and search for the file
- Then right-click on the file name qbw32.exe file
- Open Properties then click on the Compatibility
- Remove the tick mark from the checkbox named Run program in compatibility
- After that, click on the OK button
- Click on the Cancel option, if the checkbox is already unmarked
- Now, you have to close the Windows Explorer and then close the properties window of the QuickBooks desktop shortcut.
Step #4: Open the QuickBooks company file
- For this, open the QuickBooks Desktop
- Then go to the File menu
- Select the option to open the company file
- Now choose the file that you want to open and you are done.
In conclusion, you get the information for fixing the QuickBooks Error C=272 in your QuickBooks Desktop software. All the reasons are listed so that you can identify your reason for this error code. The solution of the 4 easy steps is also mentioned in detail so that you can fix it on your own.
Still, if you have any questions or want to know anything then reach out to the QuickBooks customer helpdesk. The helpdesk team is here to help you whenever required as they are available 365 days a year.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do I have to do the whole process? What if I got an error while resolving QuickBooks error C=272?
Ans: Yes, you have to do the whole process properly and then check for the error. If while resolving QuickBooks error C=272 you get any error or problem then don’t worry about it. The QuickBooks helpdesk team is here to help you out as they are available 24/7 hours to resolve your glitches.
Q: What is the easiest way to fix QuickBooks Error C=272?
Ans: The above method is the best and easiest method that you can do. That is also the short method in which you just have to open the sample company file then disable the compatibility and then open the company file.
Q: How to open the QuickBooks if there is no shortcut icon or it’s not working to fix the QuickBooks error C=272?
Ans: In this case, you have to check for the shortcut icon, and if it is not working then make a new icon. Delete the previous shortcut icon of QuickBooks and then make a new shortcut icon on your desktop then process the solution.