QuickBooks Desktop Security Upgrade details
Security has always been a top priority, so this time intuit has come up with a new and improved QuickBooks 2018. It not only has enhanced features but also advanced security. The new security upgrades are available in all editions of QuickBooks 2018 (US, Canada and UK).
Intuit believes that customer’s data is sensitive and to protect it should be the priority. So, it has strengthened previous security features to protect customers’ sensitive information. QuickBooks Desktop 2018 has begun a method of proactively notifying the customers who are using supported versions of QuickBooks Desktop about all the steps which are required for AN update. It is designed in such a way that it addresses the security vulnerability.
What’s new security update for QuickBooks Desktop?
Security Updates for QuickBooks 2018
- Additional PII encryption
- Support for Internet Explorer
- Secure Web Mail
Here are few points which QuickBooks wants its user to remember in order to protect their data and accounts:
- All users should create a password for their QuickBooks desktop file.
- Password should be strong along with the username. You should use unique letters and numbers for passwords.
- You should never share your username with anyone. Also, make sure that passwords are different for each account you are creating. It will help you in protecting your personal information.
- You will be asked to create a password. new security update for QuickBooks Desktop Only the person with password will be allowed to access account. It is highly recommended that users should install all necessary security updates.
- All users who have “credit card protection” feature in their QB company file, should create a password to protect their card details.
- Also, the administrator account holder will be alerted when a user has not set up password. It will give the administrator account holder the ability to advise users to create passwords or assign one for them.
- Users will have to make sure that supported versions of QuickBooks desktop have all the security updates installed. It is basically recommended for multi-user QuickBooks mode.
- Intuit strongly advisesits users to use secure methods like Accountant’s Copy File Transfer (ACFT) service while sharing QuickBooks files.
- Do not open any suspicious emails and attachments in order to protect yourself from phishing and other social engineering attacks.
Check that you are running latest version of QuickBooks:
- Open QuickBooks and click on “Help” option.
- Now click on “Update QuickBooks”.
- There is an “overview” tab, Click on “Update Now” option.
- You can see a check mark next to “Maintenance Releases and Critical Fixes” in “Update Now” tab.
- Click on “Get Updates” and start downloading.
- As your download is completed, restart QuickBooks software to complete the update installation.
The upgraded version of QuickBooks will make your work easier. Not only it comes with various enhanced features but its security is also remarkable. So why wait, upgrade to QuickBooks Desktop 2018 and enjoy its benefits. If you have any query, give a call on QuickBooks Support toll-free number contact . We are available round the clock, so you can contact us any time.