Firewalls work like a gateway for better management and prohibition of web activity in the network. It is basically used to slow down the web treat spreading. In QuickBooks, the Firewall setting plays a major role while operating the program. In the below write-up you will learn the guidance related to the Firewall configuration for QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS).
- What is Firewall?
- Processes that are interrupted by the Blocking of QuickBooks POS
- What are the primary causes of the firewall configuration errors?
- How to Do Firewall Configuration for QuickBooks Desktop POS?
What is Firewall?
A Firewall referred to a network security program for monitoring the incoming & outgoing network traffic. Also, decide whether to block or allow the particular traffic depending upon the defined protocols. Hence Firewall is software used to allow or block the data packet and acts as a security boost by preventing malicious activity across the network.
Processes that are interrupted by the Blocking of QuickBooks POS
Windows Firewall acts as the most important program used for the interaction of the QuickBooks Point of Sale company data between the client and server workstation. In case of a connectivity failure with the firewall, Point of Sale automatically configures the firewall.
Read Also: POS Is Not Transferring Data to QuickBooks Chat Now
When the QuickBooks Point of Sale got blocked due to security concerns then here is the list of interrupted processes:
- Database Server Manager: It is used for server installation. It can record and connect.
- Intuit Entitlement Service: Used for product License & User validation
- Electronic Funds Manager: It is a widely used service by Merchant for credit card processing
In QuickBooks when the firewall automatically blocks the connectivity between client workstations and servers, the POS automatically starts the firewall configuration. However, sometimes, there require manual configuration.
What are the primary causes of the firewall configuration errors?
Here are the major reasons for the firewall errors:
- Server or the client workstation create the trouble
- IP address change or the when you have connected with the dynamic address
- Client workstations aren’t on the common Windows service pack
- Multi-user mode is disabled
Important things you need to perform before a Manual Firewall configuration:
- You must have the administrator’s credentials to perform the Firewall settings
- In case you are using any third-party security application, ensure that you included the Firewall Ports & other required executable files for the QuickBooks Point of Sale
How to Do Firewall Configuration for QuickBooks Desktop POS?
Here are the Steps to Configure the manual firewall for QuickBooks Point of Sale
Total Time: 5 minutes
First of All Open the Run Window by pressing the Windows+R buttons altogether
Enter Control and then hit on OK button
It will open the Control Panel Window
Now adjust the View by setting to Small Icons
Choose the Windows Firewall option
Click on the Advanced Settings button and then hit on Inbound tab
Choose the New Rule
Click on the Port option and then hit on Next button
Select Advanced Settings and click Inbound
Write the Port numbers
After this hit on the Next button
Choose Allow Connection option and then hit on the Next button
Write the Firewall rule and then hit on the Finish option
In case of creating the new Outbound rule then repeat the procedure as done previously in the Inbound Rule.
Read Also: Error initializing QBPOS application log in QuickBooks Chat Now
List the Point of Sale Firewall Ports in QuickBooks:
Here the article about Firewall configuration for QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) completes! Hopefully, the information is beneficial to confidently proceed with the Firewall configuration process. In case of any doubt feel free to connect instantly with the QuickBooks team with a live chat option. Stay updated here to know the optimized accounting solutions to take your business to the next level.
How I can discover the Firewall IP Address over the network?
Follow the below steps:
1. Log in to one of the systems in LAN protected by the firewall
2. Open a Web Browser
3. Enter in the URL of the free address-verifying services
4. It will connect to the desired website
5. Now read the page thoroughly and find the internet protocol services
6. It is also the IP address of the firewall’s public interface
How I can configure firewalls in QuickBooks?
Follow the below steps:
1. First of all, give a right-click on the Windows icon
2. It will display a menu
3. Choose Control Panel from the menu option
4. It will display Control Panel Window
5. Choose System and Security
6. Click on Windows Firewall
What is a role of a static packet filter?
It is one of the types of perimeter firewalls. It works by blocking the networking traffic depending on the address information on the network packet. It is named the packet header.