Why there arise a need to void a transaction on a QuickBooks cash register?
There can be several occasions where there can arise- a need to void a transaction on a QuickBooks cash register. Some of them are listed below:
- If the cash register shows the wrong value due to any technical glitch, you may need to void a transaction on a QuickBooks cash register.
- The customer changes his or her mind at the last minute while purchasing anything, you might need to void a transaction on a QuickBooks cash register.
- If an error occurs in the sales list while entering the wrong value, you might need to void a transaction in QuickBooks
- In the rare situation when the customer is not able to pay for the sales, there can be a need for voiding a transaction on a QuickBooks cash register
How to void a transaction on a QuickBooks cash register:
In this section, we will discuss the ways of voiding a transaction on a QuickBooks cash register. Please make sure that you are following the given instructions in the right order:
Quick Fix 1:
Here is the first solution to void a transaction on a QuickBooks cash register:
- On the cash register of the QuickBooks, there is given a button that reads ‘Void.’ Sometimes it is replaced by the button ‘Cancel.’
- If you feel the need of cancelling any transaction on the QuickBooks cash register, you can anytime press it and get rid of the transaction.
- Once you press the button, QuickBooks will ask you to input the alternative information you wish to feed.
- Now enter the correct transaction details.
- Once you type in the transaction details, you will find that the changes you have made have been automatically saved and updated in the subtotal of the sale.
Please Note: Sometimes a ‘product identification’ is required in order to cancel the desired transaction. This feature varies based on the make and the model you are using.
Quick Fix 2:
Another issue crops up while voiding a transaction on a QuickBooks cash register i.e. the cash drawer opens every time you do credit sales. This is a bonus solution from our side, in case you face this issue. Please follow the given steps:
- Firstly click on the ‘Windows’ icon on your PC.
- In the ‘Search’ text bar please type ‘Printers’.
- Press ‘Enter’.
- Now right-click on ‘the receipt printer’.
- Select- ‘Printing Preference.’
- Double click on the ‘Layout’ option.
- Click on the ‘Advanced’ tab.
- In the new window, all the cash drawers will be shows to you that are currently functioning. Right-click on the cash drawer that is causing this issue.
- From the drop-down list select ‘Never open.’
- Click on ‘OK.’
- Close the ‘Printers’ folder.
Scope of Service:
Our team of experts is happy to assist you. For any issues:
- Call QuickBooks Support Toll-free number.
How to void a check in QuickBooks?