Why Does Qbcfmonitorservice Not Running on This Computer
One face QBCFMonitorService not running on this computer error when a user tries to set up multi-user mode in QuickBooks Database Server Manager. Windows Defender and third-party firewall software that prevent QuickBooks from connecting to the company file stored on the server is the most common reason for the error. Try configuring Windows & Third-Party Firewall to fix it.
Error: QBCFMonitorService not running on this computer Error
In QuickBooks, if you are also getting the error “Qbcfmonitorservice not running on this computer” or searching for the same then here is the solution.
This error happens when you try to access any company data file or open the QuickBooks on your computer. The error “Qbcfmonitorservice” that shows is related to the service of handling the QuickBooks company file. So when this file is not working while running the QuickBooks program then it shows you the error message on your screen.
Now, you are aware of why this error happens and what it means. Let’s go to the further article to know more about it like other reasons and solutions.
Reasons that cause you the same error in the QuickBooks
Here are the reasons that you have to identify which one belongs to you so that you can do the solution to fix it out and get back to your work.
The reasons are as follows:-
- Firewall is blocking the actions of QuickBooks or the whole QuickBooks program
- The QuickBooks is not properly or systematically
- The file named Qbcfmonitorservice.exe is corrupted by virus or malware attack
- Windows Registry is damaged or have some issues
- There is no internet access or is blocked to QuickBooks from Firewall
- Other programs mistakenly deleted the file Qbcfmonitorservice that is important for QuickBooks to run
- The file is already in use or conflicting.
Solutions to resolve the Qbcfmonitorservice not running on this computer
Various solutions can be done to fix the problem. But for that, you must know about the root cause so that you can go with the solution to get it done in one go.
The solutions are mentioned below with detailed steps:-
1. Start the Qbcfmonitorservice file manually
You have to restart the Qbcfmonitorservice file as the error happens when the file is not working or stopped working. So try to start it again manually.
The steps to start the file manually are:-
- On your Windows Desktop
- Open the Properties of service for Qbcfmonitorservice
- You have to set the start-up type to automatic
- It is a local account for the login user account and it is not a QuickBooks user
- You are required to restart the service by setting the recovery options
- Now, you are done with this so try to open your QuickBooks Program again to check for errors.
2. Update and set up the Firewall
In this, you have to first update the firewall application to the newest version. After that, you have to do its settings properly and make sure it won’t block the QuickBooks program. So do the setup accordingly that won’t interrupt your working in QuickBooks.
The steps are as follows:-
- First of all, open the Run window on your desktop
- In the opened Run window, type Control firewall.cpl
- Then press the Enter button from keyboard
- It opens up the Windows Firewall on your computer
- Go to the section named Update and Firewall settings
- In this, click on the Check for Updates button
- You have to check update now
- Now, go with the settings that are recommended
- When you are done then do check for update if any
- You have wait for the process to be completed successfully
- After completion, reboot your computer and then you are done.
3. Perform the Full System Scan on your computer
In this, you are required to scan the whole computer with the help of the antivirus you are using. It tells you about the viruses in your computer.
The viruses are Trojan, Worms, Ransomware, and others.
- First of all, open the antivirus that you are using on your computer
- Now, in the Antivirus window go for the Full System scan
- Click on it to start the scan that identify if there is any malware or virus in your computer
- It takes some time to scan according to the data or files you have in your computer
- When you are done with the scan; sometimes it automatically fixes the issues or sometimes you have to click to fix the issues
- After fixing the problems the scan identifies
- Restart your computer and then try to open the QuickBooks software.
4. Implement the disk clean-up into your system
Doing disk clean-up is also the solution as sometimes there is less space because of that the file or program won’t run properly.
To perform the disk clean-up the steps are as follows:-
- In your Windows system
- Click on the Search box of Start menu
- In search box, type disk clean-up
- From the results, you have to click on Disk Clean-up to open it up or after search, press enter button to open it
- In the window of Disk Clean-up
- Select the disk drive that you want to clean up for some space
- After that, click on the OK button to proceed further
- Now you get the files shown on your screen
- Choose the type of file that you want to delete
- Also, mention the file type description
- When done, click on the button OK
- Now you are done with it.
5. System file checker to repair Windows files
It helps you to scan your Windows and also restore or repair your files that are corrupted or damaged.
To run the System file checker follow the steps below:-
- Open the Run window
- Then type CMD and press Enter button
- It opens up the CMD (Command Prompt) window on your screen
- In CMD, type DISM.exe/Online/Cleanup-image/Restorehealth/(Location of your repair source)
- Now, you are done
- Type sfc/scannow and press Enter button
- It takes some time to complete the process as it scans protected files and replaces the corrupted files
- Make sure to complete it and then close it.
Note- You have to run the inbox deployment image servicing and management tool before performing above steps. If you have Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 operating systems then first run this tool and then run system file checker.
6. Repair the QuickBooks Desktop software
The repair process helps you in repairing the files that are damaged and also recreates the files that are missing. In your system when you are not able to run the QuickBooks software.
Follow the steps to get done the repair process:-
- Open the Run window in your Windows system by pressing Windows + R button
- Then type the Control Panel in it and press Enter button to open it up
- In the window of Control Panel
- Click on the Programs and features or Programs option
- Further, click on Programs and Features
- From the list of installed programs
- Select and right-click on QuickBooks software
- Click on the option Uninstall/Change
- In the uninstall Wizard, choose the button of Repair
- It starts the repair process by showing you few instructions that you have to follow
- After following all the steps you get to end process that completes the repair
- When done, click on Finish button
- Reboot your computer
- Start using QuickBooks to check for errors.
7. Uninstall QuickBooks and Unwanted programs
You have to uninstall your QuickBooks program and then do reinstall it again properly. If there are any programs or software that are unwanted or not used then uninstall it also to free up the space.
- Open the Control Panel on your Windows system
- Click on Start menu button then click on Control Panel to open it
Open the Start menu search option for the Control panel in the search box and press Enter button to open it
Open the Run window then type Control Panel and hit on the Enter button to open it.
- Then click on the option Programs and features or Programs
- In the new window click on Programs
- Now, from the given list first of all, search and select the QuickBooks
- Right-click on it and click on option Uninstall/Change
- Then in Uninstall Wizard, go for uninstallation
- Follow all the instructions to get it done.
- Do the same with the other programs and applications that are unwanted or not in use.
8. Reinstall the QuickBooks software on your Windows system
- Go to the Downloads folder
- Then search for the installation file of QuickBooks with .exe extension
- Double-click on the .exe file of QuickBooks
- It opens up the install Wizard
- Then follow on-screen instructions to install the QuickBooks again
- When done you have to click on Finish button
- Now, go to Windows Desktop and locate the icon of QuickBooks
- Right-click on QuickBooks icon and select Run as Administrator option.
9. Update your QuickBooks software and Windows operating system
You have to check and make sure that you have the latest version of QuickBooks. Also, check that the Windows are compatible with your QuickBooks version or do update your Windows operating system.
For these updates, the steps are as follows:-
A. For updating QuickBooks
- Open QuickBooks software
- Then go to the Help menu option
- From further options, click on Update QuickBooks
- Now go to the Update tab and click on Check for updates
- If it shows you updates then hit on Get updates
- After downloading updates close the QuickBooks Program
- Restart the QuickBooks
- Then it asks you to install the latest update you downloaded
- Provide the confirmation by clicking on Yes button
- It does update your software.
B. For updating Windows operating system
- In your Windows system
- Go to the Start menu button
- Then click on gear icon to open up the Settings
- In Settings Window, click on Update and Security option
- In this, select the Windows update from left navigation panel
- Hit on the button Check for updates
- It takes some time to check and make sure your internet is working
- If updates is available then it shows you over there
- So click on Get updates to download it a
- Then do update it and wait for its completion
- If there are no updates then your Windows are up to date.
10. Restart your QuickBooks Database Server Manager Service
- Open the Run window
- Type services.msc and press the Enter button
- Now you have to scroll down the list to see that the service named QuickBooksDBXX is available or not (XX is the number of database according to the version of QuickBooks you are using)
- On this service, select and right-click on it
- Then choose option Restart to start the service again
- After this, open the QuickBooks to check for the errors.
How to reach us?
Get the Instant Solution with Live Chat Experts
Are you still not able to resolve your QuickBooks issue? We have a team of QuickBooks experts with years of experience in resolving errors and issues. If you need any help asap, CHAT NOW with our experts.
What should I do to fix the error Qbcfmonitorservice not running on this computer and I get to know that the file is in use that causes this error?
When you are getting this error because of a file that is in use then here are the steps to perform. You have to follow the process and then try to work on QuickBooks again.
The steps are:-
1. When the error happens on your screen of QuickBooks while opening the program or accessing the file
2. Then click on the OK button to ignore the message box of error
3. After that, restart your system
4. Then you have to repair QuickBooks Program
5. Open the Control Panel then open the Programs
6. From the list of programs right-click on QuickBooks
7. Select Uninstall/Change option
8. Then select the Repair option instead of uninstalling
9. Do the repair process by following the instructions
10. When done with the repair, restart your Computer
11. Now, you are done and check for errors.
What if I required more space after the disk clean-up to fix the error Qbcfmonitorservice not running on this computer?
For this, you have to select the system files to do more clean-up.
For this, the steps are:-
1. Open Disk clean-up by searching from the Start menu search option
2. Go to the Disk Clean-up window
3. You have to choose the System file for more clean up space
4. After that, select the file type to do the process
5. Click on the OK button and you are done with extra disk clean-up.
What other things can be done while fixing the error Qbcfmonitorservice not running on this computer?
Yes, you have to check for the system requirements that include internet access, software compatibility, antivirus or firewall, hardware required, etc. You also have to take the backup of your previous company files before starting the resolution.