QuickBooks Installation Support
QuickBooks software is tailor-made to gear up the small and medium-sized businesses. You need to set up a QuickBooks accounting program for your personal use or office use. You can also set up a multi-user host installation so that two or more people allow access to the same company file within the QuickBooks application. The multi-user set up is helpful if you share the program on the same computer with another employee who also needs access to business accounts. For such a set up you need to create a user name and password for the second user to allow access. Insert the QuickBooks installation CD into the CD-ROM drive on the computer where you want to set up multiple users.
Installing or upgrading QuickBooks software is a very easy process. It does not mean that are not things that do not hinder the installation process. Here are some tips to follow that will help you to ensure a smooth QuickBooks installation or upgrade.
Tips to Follow for Smooth Installation Process
- Ensure and make a plan that everything is in a sequence. Note that you do not install the new QuickBooks version the day when you are to run the payroll, billing, or doing any intensive task.
- Ensure the Computer Requirements & Microsoft Office Compatibility information.
- If you are using third-party integrated applications, make sure that you contact the software developer about compatibility with and update procedures for working with the latest QuickBooks version.
- If you using Windows Vista or Windows 7, QuickBooks should be installed under a Standard User account and not by the Administrator account.
- When you choose to download the installation program from the web link, keep in mind that you can save the Download Manager at any preferred location. The actual program is saved on the desktop of the Computer Administrator on Windows 7 and Vista. If you fail to complete the installation after the download, you have to log into the Administrator account, move the program to Public Downloads, then log in as a standard user, and run the installation program.
- In the case of a multi-user environment, install QuickBooks on the server first and then on the other computers.
- If you are already using certain QuickBooks versions never choose the option to “Replace the version selected below” during the installation process. You need to install the new version to its own folder always or on the server or on a single computer.
- Install to a new folder.
- Rebuild your QuickBooks data file prior to the new version update (File menu -> Utilities -> Rebuild Data).
- Prepare a minimum least two (2) backups of your QuickBooks data file.
- After you have installed QuickBooks 2011 on all of your computers and everything is fine, uninstall the old version by going to your Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs (Windows XP) OR Programs & Features (Vista & Windows 7) -> select the old version from the list -> to choose to Uninstall or Remove.
QB Installation Process for Multiple Systems
QuickBooks installation for multiple employees in your company demands simultaneous access to QuickBooks. You can install QuickBooks on multiple computers for multiple user access. Intuit allows you to install a single-user license version of QuickBooks on a computer and on a portable device. It is done when there is the one used for both devices. For QB installation on additional computers for additional users, you have to purchase additional licenses. For more than five licenses, you must use QuickBooks Enterprise, which comes with 10 user licenses and allows up to 15 user licenses. Mark that you cannot install QuickBooks on a shared computer and use the program across multiple computers. You must install the software on each computer. This is the process to set up and install Quick books for multiple users and multiple systems.
QuickBooks Installation Errors
During the entire set up and installation process of QuickBooks in the system, you may encounter certain issues. The issues may be simple also critical. It is always advisable to contact the QuickBooks customer support team that helps to resolve issues. The common problems that you may face are as follows:
- Error 1603 – It is an installation error encounter in your system. It occurs when you try to install a Windows Installer package on your Windows XP or Windows 2000 operating system. You will receive the following error message: A fatal error occurred during installation. You may receive this error, if your “System” account doesn’t have “Full Control” permissions on the path; where you wish to install the package. You can troubleshoot this error by granting “Full Control” permissions to your “System” account.
- Error 1316 – This irritating message you get sometimes when re-installing or trying to delete the software from your computer. This problem can be solved easily, fortunately, and you’ll be back to using your software in no time.
- The problem in using the QuickBooks Remote Access may lie in the initial set up of the service.
Contact QuickBooks Customer Help
If you have any queries related to QuickBooks Installation Support contact Businessaccountings.com. It has been at a reliable QuickBooks Consulting Services. We heir Intuit certified QB professionals, who with their extensive experience will suggest the right guidance that can be your route to business success.