In your QuickBooks account, if you see an error like “QuickBooks is unable to send emails due to network connection failure” then don’t worry it is all about the settings problem. This can be cured by doing the correct settings according to the requirements.
So here, in this article, you get to know why this issue is caused and how to fix it by just managing the settings.
Error messages with solutions
- You have entered an incorrect email address or password- Log in to your email account using the web browser. Then check that the email address and password you entered are working or not.
- You are not connected to the internet or the firewall is blocking the connection- Try to open the Internet Explorer browser and then open the website in it to check the internet connection.
- Your email server settings are incorrect- You have to check and verify that your settings of webmail preferences are correctly done.
What are the reasons for the causes QuickBooks is unable to send emails due to network connection failure?
Many various reasons for the cause of QuickBooks is the inability to send emails due to network connection failure.
Some of them are listed here:-
- QuickBooks shows you the Server connection error that means email server configurations are incorrect
- QuickBooks is not installed properly or stopped while installing in between
- There are no Windows user admin important rights on QuickBooks so it causes errors while sending emails
- If there are more than one Windows that are running QuickBooks then you encounter this error
- You are not connected to the internet properly
- The MAPI32.dll file is corrupted or damaged
- You have done the email preference set up incorrectly
- You have entered the incorrect username or password while logging in into email account
- In the background, Outlook is already running when trying to send email from QuickBooks so it causes you the error
- The settings of Internet Explorer are not done correctly which is causing the error in your QuickBooks account while sending an email
- The QuickBooks is not updated to the latest release.
What are the Solutions according to the error messages of QuickBooks is unable to send emails?
There are specific solutions according to the specific error messages displayed on your screen. Below you get the error message with their solutions. You can also go with the solution or step according to the reason that causes this problem.
Error message- Could not connect to the email server
Solution 1- Update QuickBooks to the latest version
- First of all, close the QuickBooks software and all other programs in your system
- Go to the QuickBooks icon
- Then right-click on the QuickBooks icon and select the option Run as Administrator
- In QuickBooks, go to the Help menu option and click on it
- Choose Update QuickBooks Desktop from the options
- Go to the tab named Options in the update window
- You have to tick mark the option Mark All
- Then click on the Save button to save all the changes
- In the tab Update Now, click on the Reset Update checkbox
- After this, when you are ready then click on the Get Updates
- Wait for it for successful completion
- Set the updates as Automatic updates so that you won’t have to check it again and don’t want to do it manually. The steps to set it automatic updates are:-
- In QuickBooks, click on the Help menu option
- Further, click on the option Update QuickBooks Desktop
- In the Update QuickBooks window, click on the Update Now tab
- You can also click on box Reset Updates that clear all the previous update downloads
- Click on the Get Updates button to download the updates
- After completing the download of the update
- Restart your QuickBooks software
- After restart, when you get the pop-up screen
- Then in this accept to install the new update that you have downloaded before.
Solution 2- You have to configure the Webmail Preferences
- In QuickBooks, go to the Edit menu option
- From further options displayed, click on the Preferences
- Go to the left-side pane
- Hit on the Send Forms
- In the My Preferences
- Choose the email account you are using
- Then you have to click on the Edit option
- The Edit email information screen opens up
- In this, you have to go to the section of SMTP Server Details
- Now, set the port and server name in the settings of the email provider
Solution 3- Make the Internet Explorer Setting to the default
- For this, open the Internet Explorer
- Click on the 3 dots on the top right side of the window
- From drop-down options, select Tools that you can also open up by pressing Alt + T keys together
- Click on the Internet Options
- Choose Advanced tab
- You have to click on the Restore Advanced Settings
- When it is done, click on the OK button and close the browser.
Error message- QuickBooks is unable to send your email to Outlook
There are few steps that you have to follow properly as they are described here in detail. Also, check for errors after each step, and if the error still happens move to another step. The steps are as follows:-
Step 1- You have to edit the Admin privileges
- Check that the QuickBooks is set as to run as administrator or not
- If yes then remove it by doing the further steps
- Close the QuickBooks software if opened
- Then click on the Windows Start menu button
- In the search box type QuickBooks
- The results shown up then go to the QuickBooks icon
- Right-click on it and choose open the file location option
- In the folder that opens up, right-click on the QuickBooks.exe file
- Choose the option Properties
- In the Properties window, click on the Compatibility tab
- You have to remove the tick mark from the checkbox named Run as Administrator
- If the option is grayed out then click on Show Settings for All Users
- It let the option available so check now the gray out option is visible to you
- Click on the Apply button to save all changes and then click the OK button to close the window
- Now, you have to open the QuickBooks and then try to send the test email to check for errors.
Step 2- In QuickBooks, Edit the Email Preferences
- Open the QuickBooks
- Click on the Edit menu option
- Select Preferences from further options
- If you see the option Microsoft Outlook with Microsoft Exchange Server
- Then open it and Sign in to QuickBooks before moving forward
- From the menu, click on the Send Forms
- Click on the tab named My Preferences
- Hit on the Outlook option as the email option
- After that, select the OK button to continue
- You have to send a test mail from your QuickBooks account
- If the error persists then toggle the preferences
- Click on the Edit menu in QuickBooks
- Then select the Preferences option
- From the menu, click on Send Forms
- Then click on the My Preferences tab
- Choose the Webmail or email
- After that, click on the OK button
- This toggles the preferences off
- Now repeat the steps and go back to the My Preferences and select the Outlook option
- Click on the OK button to save and close the window
- Close the QuickBooks software and restart your computer
- Then open QuickBooks and send the test mail.
Step 3- Verify email preferences of Internet Explorer browser
- Firstly, close the QuickBooks on your computer
- Now open the Internet Explorer browser on your system
- Click on the 3 dots to open the settings menu at the top right side of the IE browser window. That is also called the Tools menu
- Select option Internet Options
- Choose the Programs tab
- Then further, click on Set Programs
- You have to set your default programs
- Choose the email service you want to use to send emails from your QuickBooks account
- Click on the Apply button to save the changes
- Click the OK button to confirm and close the window
- Now all set, close the Internet Explorer Browser window
- Open QuickBooks and try to send the test email to check for errors.
Step 4- Repair the MAPI32.dll
First of all, do these steps as a test to narrow the issue that you are facing. The steps are:-
- Restart your computer properly
- After restart, open Microsoft Word on your computer
- Now create a new blank document
- Click on the File menu option
- Further, select the Send
- In more options, select the Email as PDF Attachment
- Then send the test email from Microsoft Word.
If you can send an email using Microsoft word but not send it using QuickBooks then repair the MAPI32.dll file. The steps you have to follow are:-
- First of all, close all the programs and applications running on your computer including QuickBooks
- Go to the Windows Start menu and type the File explorer and hit Enter to open it
Click on the yellow folder icon on your Taskbar to open the File Explorer on your system
- In the File Explorer, go to the search field
- Type C:\Windows\System32
- Press Enter button to search for it
- Locate the file Fixmapi.exe and then open it
- It opens the Wizard that shows you few instructions one by another that you have to follow properly to run the repair
- After running the repair completed, you have to reboot your computer
- Now, open the QuickBooks software
- Send the test email and check for the error if any.
Step 5: Install QuickBooks Again
- Uninstall QuickBooks software from your Windows system
- In your Windows system, close all the programs including QuickBooks
- Now, open the Control Panel by going to the Start menu and then click on the Control Panel option
In Windows system higher than Windows 7, go to Start menu search field type Control Panel and then hit on entering button to open it
- You have to click on the option Programs
- Then select the Programs and Features option
- The list of installed programs opened up
- Now, locate the QuickBooks program
- Right-click on QuickBooks and select the option Uninstall/Change
- The uninstall Wizard opens up on your screen
- Follow steps and proceed further by clicking the Next button
- When the uninstallation is completed
- Click on the Finish button and be done.
- Reinstall the QuickBooks software on your Windows system
- Open the File Explorer
- Then open the Downloads folder from the left side menu
- In the Downloads folder, locate the downloaded file of QuickBooks
- Then double-click on the .exe file to start the installation
- In the installation wizard, you have to perform the on-screen instructions one after another
- When the installation status bar completes in the end then click on the Finish button
- Go to your Desktop, search for the QuickBooks icon or open the Windows Start menu, type QuickBooks
- Right-click on QuickBooks and select the option Run as Administrator
- Now, try to send the test email and check for errors
What if antivirus is blocking the outgoing emails then what to do to fix QuickBooks is unable to send emails?
In this case, you have to change your settings permissions using the following steps:-
1. Open QuickBooks software on your system
2. Press the F2 key from the keyboard
3. After that, press the F3 key this opens up the Tech Help window
4. Click on the Open File tab
5. Then locate the QBW.ini file and select it
6. Click on Open File to open the file in the Notepad
7. In the Notepad, you have to add a new line that you can add at the button of the text
8. The line you have to add is [QBWEBMAIL]CUSTOM_CERT_ENABLE=1
9. Click on the File menu then choose the Save option to save the changes in the file
10. After saving changes, close the Notepad
11. Also, close and restart the QuickBooks software.
If I don’t know anything about Outlook then what kind of information is required to get from an email or internet provider to fix the QuickBooks is unable to send emails?
You have to get the following information from an email or internet provider are:-
3. Incoming email server address
4. Outgoing email server address
5. Incoming email server type.
Is the update of QuickBooks important to fix the “QuickBooks is unable to send emails due to network connection failure”?
Yes, it is important to update your QuickBooks account. As it provides you more features and also the ability to do the work properly using the features. The updates give you features that help you to fix the problem and let you do your task easier when required