QuickBooks 2017 Desktop
System requirements for QuickBooks are the minimum requirements of the information that are needed to confirm the ability of your computer software, hardware, and operating system (OS) to access QuickBooks Desktop. Here we discuss all the requirements that are needed to get a smooth use of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Office 2016, both on 32 and 64-bit (including Outlook 2016)
- MS Office 2010, both on 32 and 64-bit (including Outlook 2010)
- Office 2013, both on 32 and 64-bit (including Outlook 2013)
- MS Office 365 (N.B: M.S Office 365 the web version is not supported, only the locally installed version is supported)
- Microsoft Word 2010, 2013, 2016, or Office 365 is required for preparing letters.
- Outlook 2010 – 2016 is required for Contact Synchronization with M.S Outlook.
- MS Excel 2010, 2013, 2016, or Office 365 is required for exporting reports.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader- Payroll, Business Planner, and viewing forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 (a higher version is recommended).
- TurboTax 2015 and 2014 (for Personal and Business)
- QuickBooks for Mac 2016
- Yahoo Mail
Or other SMTP supported E-mail clients
- Internet Explorer 11
- Firewall & Antivirus
QuickBooks 2017 Desktop have to test with the following firewall and antivirus products
- S Security Essentials
- Windows 7 Firewall
- The Windows 8.1 Firewall
- Windows Server Firewall
- Minimum RAM- 4 GB
- Recommended RAM- 8 GB
- Minimum Processor- 4 GHz
- Server RAM Requirements:
- 0-5 Users: 8GB RAM
- 10+ Users: 12GB RAM
- 15+ Users: 16GB RAM
- 20+ Users 20+GB RAM
- S version
- Natively installed
- Administrator rights have required for the server computer.
- Supports regional settings.
- Set to United States English.
- Keyboard setting to U.S only.
- Disk space requirements
- Disk space- 2.5 GB
- 60 MB for Microsoft as an additional software.
Operating System (OS)
- Windows 7 SP1, including 64 bit. (all editions, natively installed)
- Windows 8.1 (Update 1) including 64 bit. (all editions, natively installed)
- Windows 10, including 64 bit. (all editions, natively installed)
- Windows Server 2011 R2
- Windows Server 2012 R2
Those are the technical requirements for QuickBooks 2017 Desktop. That software, hardware, and operating system requirements are necessary for using QuickBooks 2017 Desktop in a smoother way.
What natively installed?
Natively installed is the installation which had happened previously in a particular environment or system that it has designed for. It also means that it has no requirement to run in virtual emulation software or environment.
Some people face problems using QuickBooks 2017 Desktop. They can’t find what the problem with them is. Often they are unaware that they are not providing the actual requirements. If one does not provide the right software, hardware, operating system, or even antivirus they can’t use it. So, fulfill the above system requirements and access QuickBooks 2017 Desktop easily & smoothly.