Support Services for QuickBooks 2014 Is No Longer Available
Intuit has finally said goodbye to ‘QuickBooks 2014’, that means from now on you’ll not able to use support facilities regarding QuickBooks 2014 Pro, Premier, Enterprise and Mac. So, if you are an existing user of QuickBooks 2014 software series, upgrade QuickBooks from 2014 to 2017 and 2020 then must think of upgrading QuickBooks 2014 to 2017. But, keep in mind only support facility is not available but QB 2014 software will continue to work.
Backup your company file before upgrading QuickBooks 2014 to 2017
- In QuickBooks Desktop 2014
- Click on the File menu option
- Further, select the option Backup Company
- After that, choose to Create Local Backup option
- In the window opens up, select Local Backup and then click on Options
- You have to Browse and select the location where you want to save your backup files
- Click on the OK button when you are ready for backup
- Hit on the button Save it now and then click Next
- After backup, you get notified of a successful backup.
Upgrade QuickBooks from 2014 to 2017
Though, additional services of Intuit like online banking or payroll will not be available. So, to enjoy the additional features and support facility of QuickBooks you need to upgrade QuickBooks to the latest version. Besides, the facility of live technical support will also not be offered by Intuit. Even, they will not ensure that you can recover key codes or can index products. However, you can download old products but any sort of replacement related to CD or manuals are not possible. Further, after the expiration of the QB 2014 online backup facility and online payment receiving/sending will not be possible. In the case of using QuickBooks 2014, you and your employees will not be able to use the ViewMyPaycheck feature.
Upgrade QuickBooks 2014 to 2017
- Close company files and then QuickBooks
- Go to the QuickBooks icon that is on your Desktop or in the Start menu
- Then right-click on it and choose the option Run as Administrator
- After opening QuickBooks Desktop, click on the Help menu
- Then choose option Update QuickBooks Desktop
- In the Options tab, tick mark checkbox as Mark All
- After that, click on the Save button
- Click on the tab Update Now
- Then select the Reset Update box
- When done click on Get Update to install it.
Upgrade your Company file
- First of all log out of your company files in QuickBooks and if using Multi-use then asked the user to close it and won’t open it until you are done with upgrading
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop 2017
- Click on Open or Restore Company
- If no company file open then click on the File menu
- Then select the Open or Restore Company
- Click on the option Open a company file
- Further, click on the Next button
- Search for company file then select it
- Hit on Open button to open the file
- Sign in as Admin if asked
- Now before the upgrade, the QuickBooks automatically creates the backup
- Choose the location to save this backup file done by QuickBooks
- Click on Update Now to update the company file
- When the process is done click on the Done button
- You are done with upgrading the company file.
Further,in case you’ll not upgrade your QuickBooks version then you are not able to use features of online banking like downloading transactions, send or receive payments through internet and much more. Plus, it will show various kinds of error messages at times of attempting online banking facilities. Besides, there are various other facilities that you can’t use with QuickBooks 2014 like no longer access of QuickBooks merchant services, customer profiles will no longer available, ACFT services will be restricted, contribute as well as access new report feature will also be deleted and much more.
So, whether you are using QuickBooks Pro 2014, QuickBooks Premier 2014, QuickBooks Accountant 2014, QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 2014 and QuickBooks for Mac 2014, above mentioned restrictions applies on every product belongs to QuickBooks 2014 session. Therefore, if you want to enjoy all the prime benefits of QuickBooks and live technical assistance, then better to upgrade QuickBooks 2014 to 2017 or to a latest version.
Right time to ‘Upgrade’ – Go Ahead
If you are using QuickBooks 2014 then ‘This would be the best time to upgrade’. However, before upgrading certain points you need to think about. Like what features you are looking for? Explore features of QuickBooks version in which you want to upgrade. Analysis their system requirements and best way to upgrade QuickBooks.
Upgrade QuickBooks 2014 to 2017:
If you are thinking to upgrade QuickBooks 2014 to 2017, here are the features you’ll get with this software:
To make the bookkeeping tasks much easier and comfortable additional features were added like arrange and schedule modified reports through which can save huge time, upgrade QuickBooks from 2014 to 2017 and 2020 remind you about pending funds, tracking is simpler as removed user names still appear in audit reports but with marked as deleted, highly secure to use as embedded with multi-factor authentication, with presence of great filtration system search information like vendor and customer type quite rapidlyand much more.
Plus, when you upgrade QuickBooks 2014 to 2017, you can also enjoy all add-on services of Intuit along with live technical support facility. So, upgrading QuickBooks is the ultimate option.
If you unable to Upgrade 2014 to 2017 Call us + contact even you can reach QuickBooks .
What new enhancements do we get after upgrading QuickBooks from the 2014 to 2017 version?
As we already know that the Intuit has discontinued the 2014 version and we won’t get any support service for QuickBooks 2014 Pro, Premier, and other products. To make the bookkeeping and accounting activities easier, Intuit has improved its product by offering some new amazing features in QuickBooks 2017 version:
1. Possess facility to remind the use of pending bills
2. There is a great filtration system while looking for vendor and customer type
3. A new version has the ability to organize and schedule modified reports which save users time and energy as well
4. There is a high secured embedded and multi-factor authentication facility.
What are the steps I need to follow to upgrade QuickBooks from 2014 to 2017?
The steps involved in upgrading QuickBooks older version to newer are pretty easy to perform:
1. First, download QuickBooks 2017 version in the beginning of the upgrade process
2. Next, save the downloaded file somewhere in a safe location
3. After completing the download of 2017 version then need to install it
4. To do so, you have to go to the location where you saved the downloaded file
5. Now, look for the .exe file and perform double-click on the same
6. And then complete the installation process by following appear wizard instructions
7. Once you successfully install the software then you’re required it to activate
8. Upgrade and integrate the QuickBooks company data into a newer version.
How do I upgrade my company data file once I am done with an upgrade QuickBooks 2014 to 2017?
Before you start the company file upgrade process, it is necessary to create a backup of the file to make sure that the data will be saved before upgrading and then let’s precede the steps:
1. Go to the File menu >> choose Back Up Company
2. Next, select the option “Create Local Backup” >> “Local Backup”
3. And then hit the “Options” button
4. Now, go to the “Tell us where to save your backup copies” field and select the “Browse” option
5. Choose the location where you save the backup copy and then hit Ok
6. Specify where to backup automatically in the Create Backup window
7. After that, select “options” to set options for an automatic backups
8. To set a backup schedule in the Schedule Backups dialog, you have select “New” tab
9. And finally, click on the Finish” tab.