Accounting Software – QuickBooks
QuickBooks is a wonderful software for people related to the finance and accounting industry. It is widely used by small and medium-size industries. One need not be especially from the finance background to understand this software. One can easily understand and use this software after some initial exploration.
There are various features of this software that make it more user-friendly and reliable. It has on-premises accounting as well as cloud-based applications which enables everyone to work on this software from any place or country. There is no geographical or location boundation.
QuickBooks has many benefits which make overall work easier. One of its benefits is that you don’t need to think about generating invoiced separately as it can create professional invoices on its own. Similarly, QuickBooks makes most of the tedious tasks simpler. You can control and manage your cash flow with QuickBooks as it will tell you exactly when are the payments due and how much each individual owes you.
Tracking money flow becomes less cumbersome. Moreover, all the data has a track record for your reference. Automatic updating happens along with notifications. For that, you have to link it to a bank account. Keep a watch on the growth of the business with a proper payment schedule that is up to date. This will keep vendors happy too. No need for additional data entries, pay your bills directly with this software.
Hence, QuickBooks is marvelous accounting software and equally delightful to work on. However, every software occasionally has errors that need to be resolved after understanding them. The technical issues can be resolved by a team of experts. They are available at any time of the day or night for assisting you.
Let us discuss one of the QuickBooks errors.
About QuickBooks Abort Error
Normally, in case of this error, QuickBooks stops working suddenly and an abort message or window pops up. This problem can be due to various reasons. Some of these are a damaged or missing QBWUSER.INI file, corruption of hard drive, program files getting damaged, Updating QuickBooks to the latest release not done, or some kind of damage to Windows operating system.
Causes Why QuickBooks Keeps Aborting?
There are various reasons for the occurrence of QuickBooks abort errors:
- Damaged or missing QBWUSER.INI files, hardware issues, or corrupted Windows.
- Firewall and Antivirus installed in your system clashing with the QuickBooks procedure and making QuickBooks abort its current job.
- Configurations of different versions of QuickBooks clashing within a multi-user setup.
- Multiple systems hosting the QuickBooks company file.
- Sleep mode is turned on while the computer is saving the company files.
- A dissolution in the flow of data between devices storing the files. (This occurs only when the files are saved and stored on different devices whereas your computer is on the network)
Solutions of QuickBooks Keeps Aborting
In the case of multi-user access, the server or just one PC should host the company file. QuickBooks Desktop needs a continuous network connection to the data file from the server. In a multi-user environment, you first need to check the hosting status of QuickBooks on your computer.
Follow these steps:
- Click on File.
- Choose Utilities.
- Select Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.
Configuring Windows Firewall to work well with QuickBooks Desktop is equally necessary. A firewall can block the network access which in turn will block access to many QuickBooks programs or files. Configuring has to be done on the host computers as well as on the server computer.
Open the company data file in multi-user mode after that. See if the checkmark in the box labeled -’ Open file in multi-user mode.’ is there. Also, for multi-user network issues, one can run the QuickBooks File Doctor too.
Check a few things in case of this error:
- QuickBooks Desktop has been updated to the latest release.
- The windows regional settings has to be set to United States locale. Usage of correct regional settings is important.
Let’s explore a few ways to resolve this error specific to Windows operating system. It’s not necessary you have to follow these steps on your own. Taking help from an expert is advisable.
1st Solution: QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
You need to download and then run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool. It will help you to check & repair damaged windows components.
2nd Solution: Reboot and then disabling your antivirus program temporarily
- Reboot the computer.
- After opening QuickBooks Desktop, if error is still there then disable anti-virus temporarily.
3rd Solution: Rename the QBWUSER.ini file
- Rename the QBWUSER.ini file.
Please note that renaming erases the last list of files opened so you will have to manually do it again.
- Check the folder where the QBWUSER.ini is saved. If that folder is not visible, enable the hidden files and folders.
Location: \Users\[Your user name]\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks [year]
- Right-click the QBWUSER.ini and choose Rename.
- Add .old at the end of the file name- like for example, QBWUSER.ini.old
- EntitlementDataStore.ecml file has to be re-named.
- After renaming either QBWUSER.ini or EntitlementDataStore.ecml, try to open any sample company file.
If you can’t open your company file but the sample file opens, copy that file to a separate folder and try opening it from there. It should preferably be a local folder rather than a network location.
If the company file can be opened from another location, the issue might be due to a damaged folder or folder permissions. Even after this, if you have a problem signing into your company file, then most probably it is damaged. QuickBooks Abort Error Try restoring an earlier backup of that particular file.
If the sample company file can’t be opened or QuickBooks is not even starting, the QuickBooks installation is most likely damaged.
4th Solution: Reinstall with clean install
5th Solution: Create a new Windows Admin User
If all these solutions also don’t resolve the error, it is best to take help from Businessaccountings.com. The proficient team there will help you instantly.
How to Reach us?
Get Expert’s Advice to Fix Your All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems