What Does Mean QuickBooks Error Code 7149
QuickBooks Error 7149 is runtime issue which occurs due to damage program files or issue present in the registry. When trying to open QuickBooks application, the system suddenly crashes down and an error message is displayed – Error 7149– stating an issue in QuickBooks and hence needs to be close down.
However, even after shutting down the system, it continues to crash down when you attempt to log into QuickBooks. The system may also get freeze for a few seconds or two. Read on to get knowledge about the cause of the error and learn steps to resolve it.
What causes QuickBooks Error 7149?
There are number of causes that trigger Error 7149 to occur. Some common reasons include:
- Corrupt or unfinished QuickBooks installation– This prevents the computer to copy down complete program data files necessary to run your QuickBooks.
- Issue in the Windows Registry Keys concerning QuickBooks – Such issue may arise due to recent installation or alteration of QuickBooks.
- Virus present in the system– This destroys QuickBooks program files and averts them from running appropriately.
- System Specific Issues – Some local issues can also trigger Error 7149. Each system is unique from others. Hence, this has to be analyzed by professionals.
Methods to fix QuickBooks Error 7149
You are now aware of the causes of the error let’s learn some few steps that you can take to fix your error. In case you require assistance in performing the steps feel free to call QuickBooks Tech Support Toll Free Number +1–800–993-4190.
- Repair/Reinstall QuickBooks
- Open the Control Panel and select Add/Remove Programs.
- Locate your QuickBooks application then right click on it.
- Select the Repair option and perform the on-screen instructions to repair/reinstall QB.
- After which restart the computer and attempt to open QuickBooks.
If this doesn’t resolve the error, you will have to uninstall your QuickBooks application completely and perform fresh reinstallation.
- Verify registry keys is correct for QuickBooks
Performing this step without strong computer knowledge is highly risky, as it can affect the proper functioning of your computer. So, we advise you to connect your IT professionals and take assistance. You may also download the registry cleaner application to secure your data while fixing the error.
- Remove Malware
Scan the computer using antivirus program or the Windows Security Essential. If you find any threat or malware present, get rid of it completely then close and restart the computer. Next, try to log in to your QuickBooks application.
- Disable antivirus for few moments
If you have set up antivirus programs in your system, try to disable for few moments. Here is how:
- Look for antivirus icon in the taskbar and right-click on it
- Click on Disable from the options.
- QuickBooks should now be open normally.
- You can also try to boot the computer in safe mode and attempt to reopen or update your QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Technical Support
Performing the steps should fix the error. If the Error 7149 still persists immediately give us a call on +1-800-993-4190 or email us at email@example.com. We have well trained and knowledgeable QuickBooks professionals to help customers resolve any issues.