QuickBooks’ error 15215 occurs when doing payroll updates and maintenance releases. You can install payroll downloads or updates. Another probable reason might be a conflict with another application that is running background when you attempt to download the payroll update.
However, it is pretty easy to spot such an update error because when QuickBooks encounter such errors, then a message that reads “QuickBooks error 15215 servers not running” or unable to verify the digital signature” is unexpectedly released. Once you identify the error, then it’ll be easy for you to rectify it with the below-provided troubleshooting methods.
- What are 5 Reasons Causes QuickBooks Error 15215?
- What are 6 signs and symptoms of QuickBooks error 15215?
- 5 Troubleshooting Methods to fix QuickBooks error 15215
- Method 1: Reboot your PC
- Method 2: Log in QuickBooks as a Windows Administrator
- Method 3: Confirm Use TLS 1.0 is checked and Use TLS 1.1 and Use 1.2 are unchecked within the Internet options window of Internet Explorer
- Method 4: Configure firewall and other security programs
- Method 5: Manually install updates
- Solution 6 – Restart your Windows in Selective Startup
- Infographic to Fix QuickBooks Error 15215
What are 5 Reasons Causes QuickBooks Error 15215?
There are multiple reasons that cause this error. Let’s check out some potential reasons:
A firewall or firewall configuration that can prevent the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll from connecting to an update server.
- Software for QuickBooks is not configured correctly or gets corrupt.
- Your MS Windows machine files or QB payroll application files have been infected by viruses or ransomware or some other malware.
- QuickBooks payroll related files were mistakenly deleted by a program or software.
- Improper Microsoft IE setup.
- In the background, there is another program that runs and conflicts with QuickBooks.
What are 6 signs and symptoms of QuickBooks error 15215?
Check out the list of symptoms that indicates that QuickBooks is suffering from error code 15215:
- It crashes all the active programs and applications
- The system gets corrupted while running the same program simultaneously
- Error code 15215: “Unable to verify the digital signature” message pops up on your screen
- Slow and sluggish performance of the windows
- The system responds leisurely on the keyboard and mouse input
- The system starts freezing after the fixed time span.
Read also: QuickBooks Errors Code
5 Troubleshooting Methods to fix QuickBooks error 15215
This error normally triggered by a conflict with another application that is running in the background when you attempt to download and install a payroll update. The application could be a program that needed a lot of bandwidth, avoiding QB Desktop Payroll from making a connection to the web server.
Below are some methods that you can apply in order to get rid of QuickBooks error 15215:
Method 1: Reboot your PC
Many of the problems associated with QuickBooks and Windows can be avoided only by rebooting your system. This move prevents any application that disrupts the closing or resetting of the QuickBooks Payroll settings.
Method 2: Log in QuickBooks as a Windows Administrator
Running QB as a Windows Admin enables your QuickBooks application to take authority over every possible windows application. It also lets you QB software to take the necessary resources in order to run properly.
- In the beginning, close your QuickBooks software and make sure you confirm it
- Next, hit the icon “Desktop”
- Select the option named “Run as Administrator”
- In case, it redirects you to a dialogue “Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your system?”
- Then you have to select the “Yes” button.
Method 3: Confirm Use TLS 1.0 is checked and Use TLS 1.1 and Use 1.2 are unchecked within the Internet options window of Internet Explorer
- In the very first step, close QuickBooks software
- Next, open/access to your browser “Internet Explorer”
- After that, move to the Tools >> Internet Option tab
- Now, hit the “Advanced” tab
- Look for the Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.2, Use TLS 1.1 within the open tab
- Once you find then verified whether the Use TLS 1.0 is marked or not
- Along with that, you need to confirm Use TLS 1.2 and Use TLS 1.1 must not be checked
- Once you’re done with that, press the Ok in order to close the windows
- After that, close your Internet Explorer
- Reboot your PC when you’re going to restart or reopen your QuickBooks
- At last, make an attempt to download the QuickBooks update once again.
Method 4: Configure firewall and other security programs
Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub and launch the QB File Doctor.
This immediately opens up your ports and fixes this mistake.
See Also: QuickBooks Desktop Installation Error
Method 5: Manually install updates
- First, you need to look for the latest release of QuickBooks updates
- Make sure that you select the product
- Hit the change and then choose the QuickBooks product option
- After that, you need to choose the update option also choose the location where you wish to save your file
- Then hit Save and then locate the downloaded that you download earlier
- Install the update by double-click on the same
- Once the installation successfully completes, then you need to restart your windows
- And finally, check whether you have the latest updates by pressing the F2 key from your console.
Solution 6 – Restart your Windows in Selective Startup
- Close QuickBooks desktop software
- Then open the Run window
- Windows 8, 8.1, and 10- Press Windows key + R key together to open Run Window
- Windows 7 and before- Go to the Start menu then click on All Programs. Further select Accessories then click on Run
- Windows XP- Go to the Start menu then click on Run.
- In the Run window, type msconfig and then click on OK button
- The window of System Configuration Utility opens up
- Click on the Selective Startup
- With that clear the Load Startup items checkbox
- Then click the OK button to save changes
- Reboot your system
- Now again, open the QuickBooks software
- Download the latest tax table
- Click on Employees menu option
- From drop-down menu, select Get Payroll Updates option
- Click on Download Entire Update checkbox to mark it
- Then click on Download Latest Update option
- After completion of download, the information window opens up.
- If the tax table update don successfully then opens the System Configuration Utility window
- Click the option Normal Startup checkbox
- Then click Ok to save all the changes
- Again, restart your system.
Infographic to Fix QuickBooks Error 15215
Hopefully, it would be helpful for you to correct QuickBooks error 15215 with the above details. But in any case, you find difficulties or unable to rectify the error you are suggested to get assistance from QuickBooks technical team. You can go with either option drop an email firstname.lastname@example.org or do a live chat which is available 24*7. This update error may also put some restrictions on the access to the server that leads to low or no response so the most important is that users should consider regularly updating the software.
Does an update of the QuickBooks Tax Table is required to fix the QuickBooks error 15215?
Yes, you can try to resolve the QuickBooks error 15215 by updating the Tax table. Sometimes, when the tax table is not updated and it causes the problem into your QuickBooks account.
How to start your system in Selective startup to fix QuickBooks error 15215?
1. Firstly, close the QuickBooks software if it is running
2. Open the Run window
3. Then type the msconfig and press Enter button
4. The window opens up named System Configuration Utility
5. In this select the Selective Startup and clear the checkbox named Load Startup Item
6. Then click the OK button and restart your computer.
What are the steps for dynamic port numbers while resolving QuickBooks Error 15215?
1. Go to the Start menu
2. Then search for “QuickBooks Database Server Manager” Press Enter button to open it
3. Click on the Port Monitor tab
4. Search for your QuickBooks version
5. Then take this note of the Port Number then you can use firewall port exceptions.