Intuit defines the occurrence of QuickBooks error code 80070057 due to incorrect QB parameters and a lack of permissions. When you attempt to open a company file, unexpectedly you can see the following error messages: “Incorrect 80070057 parameter, you do not have sufficient permissions to delete files in the specified folder”. For using QuickBooks in a multi-user environment, you need to have read & write access and create & delete rights to the folder where the company file is stored.
QuickBooks Error 80070057 may be a programming error that generally appears once you try to open an organization file. This error is typically related to the communication issues with the QB Company file over the network on a different machine (Server or Host).
Go through the possible reasons for the occurrence of the error and how to fix them. If you still get the error you can contact QuickBooks Phone.
Common Reasons for the Occurrence of the Error
Below mentioned are the common reasons for the QuickBooks error code 80070057.
- Damage during the installation of the QuickBooks program.
- If you are including a third-party firewall blockage and it is not rightly configured in your QuickBooks Desktop may pop up the error.
- Trying to open a portable company file (.qbm) without having QuickBooks open.
- Implementing BitDefender blocks uncommon ports at times when chances of data traffic between computers arise.
- If you have opened QuickBooks Desktop by clicking on the company file, instead of opening the file by going inside the QuickBooks program the error might occur.
- QuickBooks application fails to read the company file because the company file extension was changed.
- A QuickBooks for Mac backup file was manually renamed with a .QBB file extension.
- A QB Windows file extension might have been manually renamed or is the wrong type (.qbm, .qbb, .qbx).
- QuickBooks shows the data damage in the company file during conversion or creation of a backup or portable company file.
How to fix Error Code 80070057?
There are several solutions suggested by Intuit that can be followed to resolve this issue. It is also suggested to follow the sequence of the solutions provided for the best results.
Solution 1: QuickBooks Clean Install
All Users need to uninstall the old QuickBooks version and then perform a clean reinstall process in their system. Then perform a clean installation of a QuickBooks Desktop Latest Version.
Solution 2: Convert All files from Mac to Windows
Follow the Back Up to QuickBooks for Windows feature that comes by default with QuickBooks for Mac purchase while converting QuickBooks for Windows. For this users needs to take a data back-up option in windows function that converts your QuickBooks files from Mac to Windows.
Solution 3: Authentication of File Extensions
If this error shows up, one needs to verify the QuickBooks Company files name extension and change it accordingly. The file name usually ends with the extension .QBW
You have to follow three functions under extension authentication of the files. They are:
- Copy the company name file and change the extensions
- Authenticate the file extension of the company name
- If the user is trying to open the company which is in the flash drive. This will cause the error, Copy the company name file from the Flash drive and paste into a local folder
Solution 4: When you convert from QuickBooks of the previous version
If you encounter the error during file conversion from a previous QuickBooks Desktop version, restore the backup carefully that was created during the conversion process into the prior version of QuickBooks Desktop. You need to be assured that all the systems in a multi-user configuration report the error do not Repair or Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop. The issue can be categorized as it is related to data not to the program.
- Repair a portable company file or backup file
- Open QuickBooks Desktop program.
- Go to the File menu and select Open or Restore Company.
- Restore a portable company file or Restore a Backup and Click Next.
- Select the portable company file or backup you want to open.
- Click Open -> Click Next.
- Select the location where you want to save the restored QuickBooks Desktop company file and Click Save.
- If the “Restore a portable company file” opens successfully you are done. If it does not open, move to the next step.
- Convert an Accountant’s Copy to a normal company file
- Repair QuickBooks Desktop program
- Carry out a clean installation of QuickBooks Desktop
Solution 5: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
Download QuickBooks File Doctor in your system. Once you download and run QuickBooks File Doctor, it automatically detects and runs the diagnostic of the software to find the right cause of the error and apply the relative solution.
Configure BitDefender so that QuickBooks Desktop Communication can be setup:
- First of all, make sure that you have QuickBooks Defender 10.0 – Its latest version.
- Now, click on the Custom Level Screen.
- Here, click on the New Item.
- Now, either choose UNC or the mapped drive which can use to drive the company file.
After following the above solutions, you still face the error code 80070057 you must immediately contact QuickBooks customer support. They are approachable and provide the right solutions in a short time. In case you are not able to connect with the support executives you can immediately contact Businessaccountings.com to fetch expert resolution services from our in-house trained technicians who are available round the clock. We consider the time of our customers and assist their needs and requirements from our esteemed customers. Our round the clock support service enables users to receive solutions for errors and issues within the minimum turnaround period.