What is Discounts
Discounts refers to reductions on the basic prices of goods or services. QuickBooks helps in recording a descent into an invoice. The discount item applied to the item on the line directly above its placement. Discount items is only used on invoices and should not be applied to sale items or discounts taken directly at the register. You can provide your customers with absolute dollar amount or percentage that discounts the total price of an item. QuickBooks maintains proper and secure invoices of every discount.
Steps To Creates Discounts
- First, select ‘List’ option and from drop down option, click ‘Item List’.
- Click the “Item” button and from list, select ‘New’.
- Click on ‘Type’ and ‘Discount’.
- Edit name to identify the discount.
- Provide discount’s specifications, after applied to invoice it highlighted on sales form.
- You need to edit % after the number for the discount in the ‘Amount of percentage’ field.
- Then, click on ‘Account’
- You need to add appropriate income for discount.
- Then, click ‘ok’ option.
How To Apply Discount
- From drop-down list, initiate ‘Customer Center’. Then, select the sales invoice (that needed a discount).
- Click on discount item and select ‘Enter Discount Item’.
- Then select the discount that you want to apply.
- To apply a discount to all items on the sales form, click on ‘discount item’ below the Subtotal line.
Hence, offering discounts using Quickbook software not only determine the profitability of the business but also enhance its growth. Maintains all invoices automatically and increases efficiency of services.
Get Third Party Support For QuickBooks Accounting Software at : QuickBooks Help Desk.