QuickBooks Error 15101
QuickBooks is a highly-used software in the accounting and finance industry. It is a first-class choice for small & medium size organizations due to its various features. It can be used for normal daily accounting needs or can be scaled up for bigger projects related to finance. What is more, you need not be from a finance or accounting background to know how to work on it.
It makes tasks quite easy and fast. Expense management, project accounting, inventory management, payroll management, etc are its various features. There can be occasional errors while working on it. In that case, you can either, take the help of experts or explore more yourself. Let’s discuss one such error.
What causes QuickBooks Error 15101?
- A Digital Signature Certificate is uninstalled: Digital Signature Certificate is needed to secure your internet connection’s security and data. If that is damaged or not properly installed, updating QuickBooks becomes difficult.
- Inappropriate Internet Settings: Internet settings are necessary to assure that there is no error while downloading payroll updates. Any difficulty in this leads to various errors in QuickBooks.
- exe is not working accurately: QBWebconnector.exe is a program that supports connecting to the Intuit website through a protected connection and updates are safely downloaded. If it is not working properly, it may cause this error.
When does QuickBooks Error 15101 occur?
Error 15101 or the set of 15000 normally crops up while the user is updating the Payroll or QuickBooks.
How to Resolve Quickbooks Error 15101
A Certificate of Digital Signature Needs to Be Set up. Follow these steps:
- Search window bar for .QBW32.exe that will be located in C:\ drive in the Program files\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- Check the properties of .QBW32.exe by right-clicking on the file.
- Choose the option Digital Signature tab and also check if Intuit, Inc. is selected.
- Click on Details.
- After that, in the Details view, View Certificate.
- Click on the Next Button till you see Finish option.
- Click on finish.
After that, the system needs to be re-started.
- Open QuickBooks.
- Finally, download the Update for QuickBooks again.
- Firewall or anti-virus needs to be set up. Also check if QuickBooks files have in and out Internet connection both.
- When you are trying to download updates, firewalls which are not configured to approve QuickBooks files can lead to many kinds of errors.
Work in Safe Mode
Try working in Safe Mode, if the error persists. When you are on safe mode, Windows operating systems have the lowest number of drivers needed to work. You might be able to start the system in safe mode with networking.
If you are using Windows and connected to the Internet with a high-speed connection:
- Restart the system.
If the Start menu is not there on the computer, it might be possible that the computer is not responding. Press the Cntrl+Alt+Del to open the taskbar, and then restart the computer.
Press your computer’s reset button if the system fails to restart. The reset button is normally located somewhere on the system, not the monitor. You can also try turning off the system. Wait thirty seconds before turning it on again.
Before Windows launches while your computer is restarting, follow these steps for Windows 7 and 8:
Keep pressing the F8 key on your keyboard frequently. In the Windows Advanced Options menu, choose Safe Mode w/Networking. Click Enter.
The Safe Mode and the Networking option might authorize Internet connection. If it is due to Internet issues, this can be done. Use Sage mode if it is not the result of complications supporting a secure website.
- After choosing Safe Mode with Networking, select which operating system to use to restart. (Normally only one operating system is installed).
- Click on Enter.
- At the immediate to select a login, select Administrator, which will give access to all computer programs. Enter the Administrator password.
- Choose yes, when certain to work in safe mode.
- Open QuickBooks and try the task again which failed.
- Restart the system after that.
How to Reach us?
Get Expert’s Advice to Fix Your All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems