Has there been a moment when the QuickBooks Payroll was unable to update and you received the error 15106? Undoubtedly, QuickBooks is embellished with highly lavish and user-friendly features, like all the other similar software, it does have its own limitations and issues. Certain issues do occur while using QuickBooks. However, the QuickBooks users needn’t worry about any issues as no QuickBooks issue is unsolvable. Again, if you encounter the error 15106 or any other error, you are not the first user to have encountered it. Several users before you have already come across this problem. Also, the QuickBooks experts have already devised the troubleshooting methods to get rid of this issue. So, there is no point worrying. You can use the fixing methods and resolve the issue.
Causes of error 15106
What causes error 15106? Seeing the message ‘The update program cannot be opened. The update program is damaged’, you may have often wondered why you get such a message. Well, there are two basic causes that are responsible for this:
- The presence of ‘Spy sweeper’ in the webroot antivirus software
- You may have not logged in with the user that has admin level rights. If so, the ability to read or write the new files would be limited and it would be difficult to perform the required task.
Fixes for overcoming the error 15106
You can follow the troubleshooting methods given below and resolve the error 15106
- If you have not logged in as Administrator, it is required that you switch user and login as Administrator. This may resolve the issue, and if the issue persists, you can move on to the second fixing method.
- It is possible that the Spy Sweeper is creating the trouble. You can look for its presence in your computer system. For this, you need to open Windows Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc. Here, you are required to click on the ‘Processes’ tab and look for ‘Spy Sweeper.exe. You can then do either of the two things:
- If you find this in the processing tab, you should remove or uninstall it by opening ‘Add/Remove programs’ in the Windows. This would most probably resolve the issue.
- In case, you do not find the Spy Sweeper in your computer system, you should open drive C and navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooksxx\Components. Here, you are required to reset the QuickBooks update after renaming downloadqb < nn> folder as downloadqb< nn >.old. This would surely resolve the issue.
- If the above fixing methods fail to resolve the issue of QuickBooks Payroll Unable to Update & getting error 15106; turn of the User Account Control temporarily in case you are a Vista user or you are using Windows 7 or Windows 8.
- In case the issue persists; in Selective Startup, you should perform clean install of QuickBooks.
If you are unable to resolve the issue or you find the troubleshooting methods somewhat confusing, you can contact the QuickBooks customer support team and get due assistance.
The QuickBooks customer service is available for all QuickBooks users across the globe. As a user, you can access the customer support as and when you encounter the error 15106 or any other QuickBooks issues.