QuickBooks Point of Sale
While using QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS), users at times face the problem of Network Connection Error. The Network Connection Error also occurs when the users try to open QuickBooks company files on a client workstation for the payment transactions. An improper configuration can affect the network connections of POS. When the network does not connect properly, it fails to comply with POS requests.
What leads to this problem and how can it be solved? Let us find out below:
Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks POS Network Connection error
- The performance of your pc becomes slow by the inputs given by the mouse or keyboard.
- You may be unable to access your company file on the coming of the error.
- Not only QuickBooks, but the connection error interrupts the performance of other applications as well.
Causes of Network Connection Error in QuickBooks POS
There can be several reasons for this error. Some causes are as follows:
- The problem arises when the network server is not in multi-user mode
- Sometimes, a firewall prevents the connection between the server and the workstation. Some third-party applications can also block the connection.
- Improper Network connection
- When any dynamic IP address is using as the main IP address
- There is no proper configuration of Network sharing and folder permissions
- The computer is still using a trial version of POS instead of the latest version
- Network security issues
- The entitlement client folder in the POS is spoiled.
How to solve Network Connection Error in QuickBooks POS?
First of all, do the following basic steps:
- Complete Program updates on all workstations.
- Reboot your computer.
- When you use the POS, log in as the Windows Administrator.
- The entitlement folder including content needs to remove.
- Make sure that between client and Server, network connection and cables should properly connect to each other.
Next, you try to do any methods given below to solve Network Connection Error in QuickBooks POS
- Make sure that your server is in multi-user mode. Go to File Menu, and change to Multi-User Mode from the option “Select Switch Company File”. If you are already on the multi-user mode, then you have to choose the single-user mode and then again change to multi-user.
- Another method is that the Network Discovery should be turned on from the Network and Sharing Center on the Control Panel
- Go to the WSActivity file available on the Program Data of QuickBooks POS and rename your file.
- Configure Firewall so that POS is allowed
Computers and network configuration are different for different make and model of the computer. The above-mentioned methods can be tried by users to solve the network connection problem. But, if for any reason, the above-mentioned methods do not work and solve your issue, it is advisable to consult qualified tech support experts. For any issues, call QuickBooks POS Service. We are one of the leading companies offering technical support for all kinds of QuickBooks issues, right from installation to configuration to resolving errors. We are just a phone call away to provide our services.
Scope of Services
- 24 hours available to provide technical support
- Quick and instant support with 100% guaranteed solutions
- Reliable services at the most affordable rates
- A team of well-experienced qualified and certified QuickBooks technical support team