QuickBooks’ error code 3100 is a runtime error that occurs when QuickBooks crashes or fails its execution. It usually encounters when you try to embed a new customer to QuickBooks. It displays continuously as an annoying notification on the screen until it is corrected. Through this article, you will learn the symptoms, reasons, and methods of troubleshooting QuickBooks error code 3100.
What are the symptoms of QuickBooks error 3100?
QuickBooks’ error code 3100 is known as a runtime error. The runtime errors occur without displaying any warning. It comes up again and again on the screen. Here are the list of symptoms of QuickBooks error 3100:
- Error message with Code 3100 is shown.
- The code 3100 displays and crashes the active window
- Slowdown of the System
- System sudden crashes
- It mainly occurs during the QuickBooks installation.
What are the primary reasons behind QuickBooks 3100?
- Incomplete QuickBooks installation and downloading
- Damaged files in Windows registry
- Harmful attack of Viruses and malware
- Accidentally deleted QuickBooks mandatory files or programs.
What are the steps you need to follow to resolve QuickBooks error code 3100?
Here are the list of steps you have to follow to rectify the issue:
Solution 1- Start Repairing Windows Registries linked with error 3100:
Here are the steps:
- Initially, locate the start /window tab.
- Now write the command in the search box without pressing the enter key yet.
- After this, hit on the Ctrl+Shift button on the keyboard.
- Hit on the Enter button
- Once done, you will be redirected to the dialogue box.
- You need to click on the Yes button.
- The window with a blinking cursor will display on the screen.
- Enter Reg edit and then press the Enter key
- Now select the buttons associated with the error 3100 in the Registry Editor.
- Locate the File option and then choose the Export
- Select the folder that you need to save in the list which says Save In
- Write the Name of QuickBooks backup files associated with creating a backup in the field named File Name
- Make sure that you choose the Selected branch listed in the Export Range box.
- Click on the Save button.
- At last, the File gets saved with range extension.
Related More: How to Fix TurboTax Error 102345
Solutions 2- Perform an Antivirus scan of the full System:
In this, you need to execute the computer scan with the antivirus to delete the malicious viruses.
Solution 3- Clear out the system junk files:
Our System’s daily usages increase the dozen junk programs and files, which might slow down the System. You can use the antivirus program to remove the damaged folders, files, or documents from the System. Here are the list of instructions you need to follow to remove those files with Disc Cleanup:
- Locate Start option or Windows button
- Write the command in the search inbox without pressing an Enter key.
- Hit on the Ctrl+Shift key and then press the Enter option
- It will display a permission dialog window.
- Hit on the Yes option
- The Command prompt window will appear on the screen.
- Enter the clean mage and then press an Enter Key
- Now the Disk Cleanup will perform the occupied disk space estimation.
- Now place a checkmark in the boxes and then Hit on the Ok button.
Solution 4: Update the outdated System drivers:
- Verify all the drivers and check their updates
- You can download the system drivers manually.
Solution 5-Use the System Restore to undo the recent system changes:
- Go to the Windows option on your System.
- Write System Restore in the field and then click on the Enter button.
- Choose System Restore
- It will display a prompt
- Write the administrator credentials
- At last, restore your System
Solution 6- Uninstall QB and Reinstall the QuickBooks application:
- Initially, you have to click on the Start option to display the Program and Features.
- Hit on Control Panel
- Choose Programs option
- Click on Programs and Features
- Now start tracing the applications linked to the QB error 3100
- Select the QuickBooks associated entry
- Click on the installation option
- At last, reinstall the accounting software.
Hopefully, the above-enumerated resolution becomes a helping hand for you to start troubleshooting. However, it might be possible you couldn’t be able to implement the solutions accurately. You can reach the QuickBooks professional teams to get further assistance and to clear all your doubts.
Source: QuickBooks Banking Error 185