QuickBooks error 1603 appears when users perform QuickBooks installation and updates in their system. This error takes place mainly due to the missing installation file. This error is also referred to as an install shield error. This blog provides you the relevant guidance to resolve this installation error quickly.
Indications of QuickBooks Error Code 1603
- Improper installation of Microsoft NET 1.1
- The updated version of the QuickBooks is not being used
- Documents are locked
- Filled Temp folders
- Corrupted software installation.
Reasons for QuickBooks error 1603
- Virus/Malware infection in the system: This corrupt desktop program and software files
- An incomplete download of software leads to corrupt files
- Sometimes QuickBooks related-files are mistakenly erased from the system
- Windows registry with an invalid entry
- Sudden system shutdown with power disconnection
- Corrupted Microsoft C++ & XML components.
How to resolve installation error 1603
QuickBooks error 1603 is encountered during the execution of QuickBooks. So, it is mandatory to fix this error to run the software smoothly. Below-mentioned is the troubleshooting steps that need to follow dedicatedly:
Solution 1: Install QuickBooks Diagnostic software
Follow the steps to implement this tool:
- Download QuickBooks Diagnostic tool from the internet
- Save, install and execute the application
- Wait sometimes till the repair task completion. It might take 20-25 minutes to perform a complete system scan
- At last, perform the restart of the system
- This tool helps to fix issues due to applications such as .Net Framework, C++, and more
- This installation process must be taken through the Administrator mode
- While installing do not forget to close the background running applications.
Solution 2: Resolve errors manually
If the installed Diagnostic software doesn’t provide efficient outcomes then try to recover the error through the manual process. For this, ensure that you consult an experienced person to troubleshoot the same. You need to go through certain steps described below to fix the error quickly.
Install updates of windows
- For Windows 8.8.1 and 10 followings are the steps:
- To start, click on the windows
- Locate settings
- Discover the Update & Security
- Select and click on Check for Update option.
- For Windows 7:
- Go to the control panel through Start Button
- Click on System & security option
- From there click on Windows updates.
After installing updates, enable the Windows installer service. Follow the steps:
- From the Control panel click on the System and Security tab
- Discover Administrative tools
- Locate services and Double click on it
- A dialog box will appear on the screen
- Search for Windows installer service
- Click on the Restart service box
- Fix Microsoft. Net Framework:
- In the control panel, locate the Uninstall a program section and click on it
- Click on windows features
- Verify the .Net Framework is checked or not
- If found checked, please uncheck it.
- Restart your computer
- Recheck the .Net framework
- Restart the system again.
Download QuickBooks InstallTool.exe file
- Install the file named as QBInstallTool.exe with 648 kb size
- Save the file type on the desktop of your system
- Click on the file and execute the same
- Check the error persists or not otherwise follow the other solution
How to reach us:
Hopefully, the above-mentioned troubleshooting solutions might be beneficial to resolve the QuickBooks error 1603. Meanwhile, if still, some technical errors trouble you then dial the toll-free QuickBooks customer help-line number 1800-(993)-4190. You get assistance from the team related to all the queries related to QuickBooks or any minor or major functional errors. If you are not able to call the team then you can also email them at email@example.com to get all your questions solution.