QuickBooks error 1603 appears when users perform QuickBooks installation and updates in their system. This error takes place mainly due to the missing installation file. This error is also referred to as an install shield error. This blog provides you the relevant guidance to resolve this installation error quickly.
Indications of QuickBooks Error Code 1603
- Improper installation of Microsoft NET 1.1
- The updated version of the QuickBooks is not being used
- Documents are locked
- Filled Temp folders
- Corrupted software installation.
Reasons for QuickBooks error 1603
- Virus/Malware infection in the system: This corrupt desktop program and software files
- An incomplete download of software leads to corrupt files
- Sometimes QuickBooks related-files are mistakenly erased from the system
- Windows registry with an invalid entry
- Sudden system shutdown with power disconnection
- Corrupted Microsoft C++ & XML components.
How to resolve installation error 1603
QuickBooks Installer Encountered Error 1603 is encountered during the execution of QuickBooks. So, it is mandatory to fix this error to run the software smoothly. Below-mentioned is the troubleshooting steps that need to follow dedicatedly:
Solution 1: Install QuickBooks Diagnostic software
Follow the steps to implement this tool:
- Download QuickBooks Diagnostic tool from the internet
- Save, install and execute the application
- Wait sometimes till the repair task completion. It might take 20-25 minutes to perform a complete system scan
- At last, perform the restart of the system
- This tool helps to fix issues due to applications such as .Net Framework, C++, and more
- This installation process must be taken through the Administrator mode
- While installing do not forget to close the background running applications.
Solution 2: Resolve Errors Manually
If the installed Diagnostic software doesn’t provide efficient outcomes then try to recover the error through the manual process. For this, ensure that you consult an experienced person to troubleshoot the same. You need to go through certain steps described below to fix the error quickly.
Install updates of windows
- For Windows 8.8.1 and 10 followings are the steps:
- To start, click on the windows
- Locate settings
- Discover the Update & Security
- Select and click on Check for Update option.
- For Windows 7:
- Go to the control panel through Start Button
- Click on System & security option
- Microsoft Installer Error 1603
- From there click on Windows updates.
After installing updates, enable the Windows installer service. Follow the steps:
- From the Control panel click on the System and Security tab
- Discover Administrative tools
- Locate services and Double click on it
- A dialog box will appear on the screen
- Search for Windows installer service
- Click on the Restart service box
- Fix Microsoft. Net Framework:
- In the control panel, locate the Uninstall a program section and click on it
- Click on windows features
- Verify the .Net Framework is checked or not
- If found checked, please uncheck it.
- Restart your computer
- Recheck the .Net framework
- Restart the system again.
Download QuickBooks InstallTool.exe file
- Install the file named QB Install Tool .exe with 648 kb size
- Save the file type on the desktop of your system
- Click on the file and execute the same
- Check the error persists or not otherwise follow the other solution
Solution 3: Repairing the MSXML 4.0
If you do QuickBooks Installation Process via CD
- In your system, insert the CD of QuickBooks in your system to do the installation
- It pops-up the installation window then close the window
- Install the MSXML in your Windows system. The steps are as follows:-
- In Windows 7 or Windows Vista
- Go to the Start menu button
- In the search box, search for the exe/fvaum “D:/QBOOKS/msxml.msi”
- Hit on the button name Enter
- If in the search box CD force to enter “msiexec.exe/forum “D:/QBOOKS/msxml.msi”
- Again, click on the Enter button
- In Windows XP
- Press the Windows + R button from the keyboard
- The RUN window opens up in your system
- Now type the msiexec.exe/forum “D:\QBOOKS\msxml.MSI” then click on the OK button
- In Windows 7 or Windows Vista
Solution4: Uninstalling the QuickBooks Desktop
- Firstly, open the Run window by pressing the Windows + R keys
- Type the Control Panel in the field and then press the Enter button
- In the window of Control Panel, click on the Programs and Features or Programs option
- Then from the list of applications
- Click on the QuickBooks
- Then right-click on it and select the Uninstall/Change option
- You get the instructions on your screen and you have to follow them to complete the uninstallation of the software.
Solution 5: Downloading the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- First of all, close the QuickBooks Desktop software
- Now download the QuickBooks Tool Hub file
- Save this downloaded file on your system in the location where you remember
- After that, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub .exe file by double-clicking on it
- You get the instructions shown on your screen; do follow the instructions and agree to the terms and conditions also
- When you are done with the installation
- Double-click on the QuickBooks Tool Hub Icon to open it in your system.
Solution 6: Installing QuickBooks in Selective Start-up
- Firstly, create the backup of all your data and then save its copies in different locations. Also, keep the license and product information with you
- Now you have to shut down the system and then start it in the selective mode
- Open the Run window
- Write MSConfig and press the Enter button
- Go to the General tab in the window that opens on your screen
- Click on the Selective Startup and load system services option
- Now select the option Hide all the MS Services
- After that Disable all
- Again, go to the option Hide all the Microsoft Services then remove the tick mark from the option
- Also, check that you have a tick mark in the checkbox of Windows Installer
- Click on the OK button then reboot your system
- Now, do uninstall the software QuickBooks Desktop in your system
- In the end, switch to the normal mode.
How to reach us:
Hopefully, the above-mentioned troubleshooting solutions might be beneficial to resolve the QuickBooks error 1603. You get assistance from the team related to all the queries related to QuickBooks or any minor or major functional errors. If you are not able to call the team then you can also Live Chat with them to get all your questions solution.