If you are using QuickBooks, then you know that it is one of the best accounting software available. Its user-friendly interface makes it great software even for beginners.
This is the financial software that is used for the following things:-
- Managing Sales
- Tracking Finances
- Helping with Invoices
This software is packed with great accounting features that help in enhancing the productivity and efficiency of many organizations.
Just like many software, this software also sometimes causes troubles. There have been some instances where users complain regarding the QuickBooks not opening. This issue might cause a little inconvenience to the organization but can be fixed easily with a few easy steps.
- What are the causes of QuickBooks not opening?
- List of symptoms for QuickBooks not opening error
- Solutions to Fix The Error QuickBooks 2021 Not Opening
- Solution 1: Close QBW32.exe process
- Solution 2: Suppress the QuickBooks Desktop
- Solution 3: Again, Start your Windows Desktop
- Solution 4: Re-register QuickBooks Regarding Products in Computer
- Solution 5: Rename the .TLG and .ND Extension
- Solution 6: Copy the Company File to A New Location
- Solution 7- Delete or Rename the QBWUSER.INI file on your computer
- Solution 8- Repair QuickBooks installation
- Solution 9- Try to open the QuickBooks Company file from a different location of the folder
- Solution 10- Download and run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
What are the causes of QuickBooks not opening?
There are various reasons for the software not opening are:
- Your Company Name might be very long
- The hard disk you are using might be corrupted
- The app is not installed properly
- QBWUSER.INI file might be damaged or missing
- The operating system may be out of date.
List of symptoms for QuickBooks not opening error
- Your windows are running comparatively slow
- Your computer has become very slow and is responding really slow to the keyboard and mouse input
- When your QuickBooks Company file is not opening
- The computer hangs every now and then
Solutions to Fix The Error QuickBooks 2021 Not Opening
Various numerous processes are there through which you can fix QuickBooks 2021 not opening obstacles. Every one of the powerful cures is given here. You should just go through the entire strategy till the end and dispose of this issue in several minutes.
Solution 1: Close QBW32.exe process
- You have to close this file that is running into your Windows system
- So for this, right-click on the taskbar and then click on the Task Manager option or you can press and hold Ctrl + Shift + ESC keys together to open Task Manager
- In the Task Manager window, click on the Processes tab then click on the Name column to arrange the processes alphabetically
- After this, find and select QBW32.EXE
- Afterward, click on the End Process button.
By playing out the above steps, the process QBW32.exe is now no more running into your system. After that, you can open up the QuickBooks and then open the company file without any issues. Yet, on the off chance that the file is still asylums to be opened, then, at that point attempt the following arrangement technique.
Solution 2: Suppress the QuickBooks Desktop
If your organization file is harmed or corrupted, then, at that point you must be guaranteed that the QuickBooks program itself is working. The QuickBooks is trying to open your previous company data file that is in working or any other program is using it so isolate that file first.
- Press and hold the “Ctrl” key on your console and afterward press double click on the “QuickBooks Desktop” icon
- Significant Note: Do not deliver the “Ctrl” key until you see the “No Company Open” window, except if QuickBooks freezes or gives you an error
- Choose the company file and then click on the Open button to open it up.
If the file opens without any hassle, you can do your business work. But assuming still causing problems while opening, attempt the following given arrangement.
Solution 3: Again, Start your Windows Desktop
Restarting your Desktop will bring the system up from the scratch and swipes away the current situation with the application. After restarting your Desktop totally, endeavor to open your QuickBooks. It very well may be opened with no trouble.
You can restart your computer by using the Power button
This restarts your system automatically and refreshes the system. After that, you can try to open the QuickBooks Desktop to check for the error.
Solution 4: Re-register QuickBooks Regarding Products in Computer
When QuickBooks Desktop doesn’t start, ensure that the QuickBooks is registered. If it is not registered, then first make it register and then try to open it and then open the company file. Check and verify that the QuickBooks is Registered successfully
- With QuickBooks open, press the F2 key on your console
- Then it opens up the product information window opens
- Now, check for the enrollment status of QuickBooks at the right of the license number
- If, you are already registered, then, at that point it will show register and you are all set
- If QuickBooks isn’t Registered
- You have to click OK on your screen to close the Product Information window
- Then, click on the Help option and then click Enact QuickBooks
- After that, adhere to the on-screen guidelines to confirm your data and complete the activation process.
Solution 5: Rename the .TLG and .ND Extension
When you have saved the file with the long name having more characters or special causing the issues. So, you have to rename it or marked it as old in case the file is corrupted or damaged. When you open QuickBooks from scratch then it automatically creates the new file in the folder.
For renaming the files with .ND and .TLG extension the steps are:-
- For renaming the .TLG file
- Open the folder where the QuickBooks organization file is saved
- Right-click the transaction log file
- Select the option Rename to change the file name
- Then rename it by adding OLD at the start or end of the file name
- Hit on the Enter button to save the file name
- The file name must be a similar name to the company file with a .TLG file expansion
- You have to follow the same process to rename the .ND file
- Choose the file with .ND extension
- Right-click on the file
- Choose Rename option
- Mention OLD at the end or the start of the file name
- Press enter button and then the file name is changed
- Open the company file to check for errors.
Solution 6: Copy the Company File to A New Location
In this, the organization file is situated to a network drive, copy it to the local drive of the computer system where you are working on. Now the local file opens, investigate your organization setup.
Download, install and run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool that helps you to do the steps mentioned here.
- Make another folder in your C: drive
- Now open the folder that has your company files of QuickBooks
- You have to press the Ctrl key from the keyboard
- Click on the company file to select it
- Right-click on the file and click on the Copy option
- Open the new folder that you created in step 1
- Right-click in this folder and then select the Paste option
The any of the above methods of arrangement isn’t beneficial to open the company file in your QuickBooks, then, in that case, you can move your QuickBooks Company file to another computer. And afterward, attempt to open on that computer. The issue may be settled.
Solution 7- Delete or Rename the QBWUSER.INI file on your computer
In case you deleted the QBWUSER.INI file then it helps you to remove all the information that is in the previously opened files.
In this case, follow the steps that are given here:-
- On your Windows desktop press Windows + E keys together to open up the File Explorer
- In File Explorer, go to the Organize option and click on it
- Then select the tab View
- Hit on Advanced Settings and click on Hidden Files and Folders
- Click on the Show Hidden files and folders option
- When you are done with this, then click the OK button to continue
- In the File Explorer window, click on the My Computers or This PC
- Go to the path C:\Documents\User name\Local Settings\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- Locate the QBWUSER.INI file
- Right-click on the file and click on Delete/Rename option.
Solution 8- Repair QuickBooks installation
By repairing the installation of QuickBooks, it resolves many issues or errors that are happening and won’t let you work.
The repair process is mentioned here:-
- Open Control Panel
- Then click on Program
- Further click on Programs and Features
- It shows you the list of installed programs
- Search and select the QuickBooks program from the list
- Right-click on it
- Choose Uninstall/Change option
- In the open up wizard, click on the Repair option
- Follow the instructions to repair the program shown to you
- When you are done then try to open the program and check for errors.
Solution 9- Try to open the QuickBooks Company file from a different location of the folder
Sometimes, the location is incorrect, or it won’t take the location where the file is saved. So, try to move your file to another location and then open it up.
The steps are as follows:-
- Open the File Explorer on your desktop by pressing Windows + E keys together
- In this, search for the company file having .qbw extension
- Go to the network server to find this file
- Click on the Browse button that takes you to the network drive where the data file is saved
- Locate the company file
- After that, right-click on the file and select option copy to copy the file
- Open C: drive in the File Explorer window
- Now create a new folder in C: drive and named the folder QBTEST
- Open this folder then right-click and choose the Paste option to past the company file over here that you copied in the above steps
- Hold the Ctrl key and then open the QuickBooks by double-clicking on its icon
- Then it opens up the No company open window then release the Ctrl key
- Click o option Open or Restore an Existing company
- Then go to the C:\QBTEST\company file
- Select this company file and open it
- If the file opens up, then the issue is resolved; if it won’t open up then go with another solution.
Solution 10- Download and run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Firstly, download the QuickBooks Tool Hub then save it on your computer
- Then install it by following the on-screen instructions
- After that run the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Now choose the type of problem that is Installation issues
- Then run the tool named Install Diagnostic tool
- It scans the files and folders and then fixes the problem
- This takes some time to fix the problem
- After that, open QuickBooks 2021 to check for the error.
Is QuickBooks 2021 not an opening problem is common?
Yes, it is common, as there are many reasons that prevent the software from opening. As this problem happens because of installation not being done properly, updates required, some components missing, compatibility issues, preferences are set incorrectly, system requirements are not met, and many other reasons.
Do I have to perform all the solutions to fix QuickBooks 2021 not opening error?
No, you don’t have to perform all solutions. Firstly, find out the root cause for the error int your system and then perform a couple of solutions accordingly. In case you are not able t know the root cause then try to process the QuickBooks tool solutions and then go with other solutions.
Does the clean install QuickBooks process help in fixing the QuickBooks 2021 not opening problem?
Yes, you can try to perform the clean install process for QuickBooks 2021. Using this process, you have to freshly reinstall the software that helps you resolve the problem. But still, you are facing any kind of issues then go with another solution or connect with the QuickBooks helpdesk team who is here to assist you by providing all the solutions to your problems.