Are you also looking for a method to merge vendors in the QuickBooks account? Also, searching for the easiest way to get it done.
You are required to merge vendors in the QuickBooks account when you have entered the same item with the same name but a different price or vice-versa. There are many more cases like this such as wrong entry, duplicate entry, and many others.
Here are some important tips that you must know or follow. The solution steps to merge vendors are also mentioned in this article so that you can fix it easily.
Some important tips or precautions to take before merge vendors in QuickBooks
- The very important thing is back up so make sure that you do the backup of the QuickBooks Company File
- Check that the multi-currency feature is turned off
- The merge process you do cannot be undone. So if it is important only then do this merge process in QuickBooks
- Check and verify that if you are in multi-user mode then immediately switch to single-user mode
- To undo the merged vendors, you have to restore the backup company file
- You do not have to merge the Tax Authorities Vendors, paid using online banking, direct deposit vendors, and Tax Exempt.
Merge Vendors in QuickBooks Desktop 2019 or above
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop software
- In the Accountant version
- Click on the Accountant menu option
- Further, click on the Client Data Review
- From more options, select Merge Vendors
- In Enterprise or another version
- Click on the Company menu option
- In the drop-down menu, click on the Accounting Tools option
- Further, select the Merge Vendors option
- In the Accountant version
- You have to choose the vendors that you want to merge in QuickBooks
- Then click on the Next button to continue
- Select the Master vendor
- Then click on merge
- Now, hit on Yes button for merging vendor and then click on the OK button
Merge Vendors in QuickBooks Desktop 2018 or below
- Open QuickBooks Desktop software on your computer
- Click on the Vendors option
- Further, select the Vendors Centre
- Now, you have to copy the name of the Vendor in your account whom you want to keep
- Go to the vendor that you don’t want to use, right-click on it
- Click on the Edit Vendor option
- Now Paste the name here you copied before
- Then click on the OK button
- In the end, click on the Yes button to merge the vendors.
How to Reach us?
Get Expert’s Advice to Fix Your All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
How to merge duplicate suppliers in merge vendors in QuickBooks?
1. In QuickBooks, click on the Expenses menu
2. Then further, select the Supplier tab
3. You have to search and open the profile of the supplier that you want to keep it
4. Now click on the Edit option
5. You have to note down the company name and Display name to match it with the supplier profile
6. Click on the Save button then click on the Yes button to confirm the merge process.
Is backup important before merging the vendors into QuickBooks account?
The backup is important as in the future you want single specific vendors in QuickBooks then it is not possible. So you have to restore the backup that you took before starting the merging process.