Generally, every QB Error has distinct causes behind its inception. However, it’s not the same in the case of QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058. It is a generic error code. Typically this error occurs when attempting to download payroll update of the latest edition. The error may occur due to machine error, human error, or a combination of both. The following lines provide complete guide and steps to take for resolving this error so are able to continue with your work hassle-free.
Why do you get QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058?
The error usually occurs while the payroll update is being downloaded. In the installation process, you will have to go through multiple stages, and there are chances of encountering this error at any of those stages. The reasons include:
- An issue occurred when company files are being copied into the hard drive
- A corrupt item has entered into the files at the time of decryption, using the Internet Explorer
- An issue occurred while using the QBD to install files
QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058 Fixes
Before performing the give resolution steps, is vital to first ensure you have an active QuickBooks payroll subscription.
The simplest method to resolving QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058 is to simply re-download Payroll Update and upgrades of the latest release available directly from QuickBooks. If performing these steps doesn’t resolve your error, go to the next step.
Download the Latest Update Manually Online
- Browse to the QuickBooks official page and download the patch file <qbwebpatch.exe>
Note: Ensure that you have proper internet connection on your QuickBooks installed system, while downloading this patch file.
- Once the download completes, install the downloaded patch file on the Desktop.
- Now, update the tax file.
You can perform the steps below if you have an accessed to RegCure cleaner application,
- Close QuickBooks
- Go to Task Manager.
- You should find qbdagent2002.exe running in the system. Close the program
- Go to search bar and find bat
- Run the bat file then close it when the process completes
- Restart your QuickBooks
- Attempt to re-download the update for your payroll
Check the Company files for any Errors
- Open to PRODUCT INFORMATION Window by pressing the F2 or Ctrl + 1 key while your QuickBooks is open on the screen.
- Next, press on F3 or Ctrl+2 key in the opened Product Information Window.
- Now, open to Tech Help and select OPEN FILE tab.
- Find “qbwin.log” file then double click on it.
- Press the Ctrl + F keys, a small window will appear on the screen. Enter “Error” in the provided field then hit Enter on your keyboard.
- Go through the statements provided. Make out the numerical error code (QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058). Troubleshoot the error on QuickBooks community page online, We will fix this error for in less time.
QuickBooks Customer Support
Following these solutions should resolve your QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058. If you still have this error, immediately contact our QuickBooks Tech Support professionals. We have top experts on our team, working hard to offer reliable customer support.
For any QuickBooks assistance, simply give us a call on +1-800-993-4190, Our professionals will look into the problem and then provide effective resolution. You can also chat with us via the provided Chat Support link.