QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058 is a common error that can occur for different reasons. Such explanations include numerous mistakes in humans and computers that are easy to correct. However, these can occur owing to the use of software and hardware programs. Payroll errors impact Intuit’s software program output and development.
When you are preparing to download and install a payroll update, this error pops up on your computer screen usually when the download fails to occur. The method of installation goes through several different stages that you need to know about:
- To copy the files to the hard disc.
- Files decryption.
- The installation of files.
Related Article: QuickBooks Payroll Update 2020 Chat Now
4 Reasons that can lead to QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058
There might be too many reasons behind the occurrence of this error. A few of them are listed down:
- Damaged company files of QuickBooks
- Files from Windows Explorer are corrupted
- Your company files for QuickBooks are not accessible on a local drive
- Access to QuickBooks is blocked by firewalls or other security applications.
4 Troubleshooting methods to fix QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058
Below are the given solutions that help you to rectify this payroll error with much ease. All the given solutions are easy and convenient to perform. It is only advised you perform the below steps in the given sequence order:
Method #1: Download the latest software update online
- In the beginning, Download the “qbwebpatch.exe” patch file
- You can download them from Intuit’s official web site
- Ensure you have an active internet connection and download a patch file
- Shift the downloaded file from the computer to that computer that has QuickBooks on it
- After that, install the patch file and update the tax file from the CD/Flash Drive.
Method #2: Download the Payroll Update again
- The very first, download the payroll update once again from the payroll server
- Next, got to the Help menu and select Employees >> Get Payroll Updates
- Click the checkbox named “Download Entire Update”
- At last, hit the “Download the Latest Update”.
Method #3: Check out whether there are any errors in your company file
- Press Ctrl + 1 keys or F2 from your keyboard to open the information about the product
- Make sure, your QuickBooks must be open
- Press Ctrl + 2 keys or F3 key within the product information window
- Next, go to the “Tech Help” window and then click Open File
- If a file called ‘qbwin.log’ exists, then double-click it
- In order to open the small window, press the Ctrl + F keys
- Inside the field, type the word ‘Error’ and then press Enter
- After that, identify the numeral error code and search for the same on the website.
Read Also: QuickBooks Download 2020 Payroll Upgrade Software Chat Now
Method #4: Run the reboot.bat file
- To start with pressing the keys Ctrl + Alt + DEL and then inside the list, select the “Task Manager”
- Navigate to the Processes tab >> QuickBooks and then the associated processes
- You have to finish all the procedures one after one
- Go to the Start Window menu and type ‘reboot.bat’ in the search field
- Click ENTER afterward
- Now, run the file and wait a while for the completion of the operation
- Close once the process completes
- And then reboot your PC
- At last, try to download the latest payroll tax table.
Hopefully, you have been able to fix QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058 in this way. QuickBooks experts team has the same quality experience as you get when using the services of the official Intuit experts team. In case, if you have not been able to do so or need technical assistance then you can do live chat which is available all round the clock.
Get the Instant Solution with Live Chat Experts
Are you still not able to resolve your QuickBooks issue? We have a team of QuickBooks experts with years of experience in resolving errors and issues. If you need any help asap, CHAT NOW with our experts.
See also: QuickBooks Point of Sale Error 121