QuickBooks allows you to track each individual job that you perform for a customer that helps to analyze the profitability of your business. It gives you the option to work with multiple projects at a time for customers and regulate or manages income and expenses for a project assigns. After setting up customers and job you can easily track the transactions, creates reports and services you provide. You can create sub-entries for each customer that includes information about each job that you track. Working with Jobs In QuickBooks before setup jobs in QuickBooks Desktop.
Steps To Set-Up Jobs In QuickBooks
- Click the “Lists” menu, which includes “Customer & Vendor Profile Lists” and “Job Type List.
- By using drop-down list options click on ‘Job type’
- Then click for ‘New’.
- Now you need to edit the job name or service that your company provides.
- After that, create another job.
- Click “Subtype Of” and choose the created job as the parent category.
- Then click ‘OK’.
Steps To Add Jobs With Customers
- First, seek to “Customer Center” and activate the “Customer & Jobs” option.
- Click the customer (you want to add in the job) and select “Add Job.”
- Then edit the job name from the “New Job” window.
- Select the “Address Info” option and verify ‘customer address information’ is correct.
- Then click “Job Info” and click job including start and end date for the job, if applicable. You may also enter a job description, which appears on Customer: Job List reports.
- Click “OK.”
If you want to understand more about Working With Jobs in QuickBooks Accounting Software, Connect with us at QuickBooks Customer Service + contact .