QuickBooks : Accounting Software
QuickBooks is great accounting software that has made the business accounting environment pleasant and professionally efficient. Many growing companies and small or mid-size organizations have started using QuickBooks for their various tasks. The best part about QuickBooks is that each version of QuickBooks has different and enhanced features so an organization has to pick & choose which one will be best for them according to their requirements.
Also, another great feature of QuickBooks is that it can be accessed from anywhere. One can learn and know about QuickBooks while working on the software even if that user is from a non-finance or non-accounting background. Every software can have occasional errors. It is essential to know what that error means or refers to before trying to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error 6189.
The error comes when QuickBooks tried to open the company file (-6189, -816)
Error Number: Error 6189
Error Name: QuickBooks Error 6189
Error Description: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience
Developer: Intuit Inc.Applies to Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8
Understanding and Fixing QuickBooks Error 6189
QuickBooks errors 6189, 816 can be due to reasons like Network and data file complications.
Causes behind QuickBooks Company File Error 6189
- If the QuickBooks user does not work or manage the QuickBooks database correctly.
- Network Connected Storage drive stores the data file.
- Movable device stores the data.
- An online automatic backup tool also performs to lead to this error.
- The use of encrypted software with QuickBooks also produces this error.
- If the multi-user mode is not upgraded in the QuickBooks.
- Due to loss of data via Database Manager.
- Your QuickBooks desktop is not updated to the latest.
How to Resolve Quickbooks Error Code 6189
This error can be resolved in the following ways:
1. Method One: The computer and server have to be re-started :
The PC has to be re-started that have access to the company file. Restart each computer that has access to your company file. If all the data is stored on a server, then the server has to be re-started.
If the error persists, then go to the next step.
2. Method Two: The ‘QuickBooks Database Manager’ has to be installed on your server
- QuickBooks or the QuickBooks Database Manager has to be installed on a server where the company file is there. The good thing is that installation of a Database Manager does not need an extra license.
- Database Manager has to be installed if there is no QuickBooks database user. The QuickBooks Database Server Manager has to be installed, updated and completely set up. Once the installation completely finishes, re-start the server. Go to the next step if problem still there.
3. Method Three: If data is stored on a network drive
Make sure that the files are not located in Network Attached Storage (NAS) device or any other removable drive because they do not have full functionality and may not be able to run QuickBooks Database Manager. In some cases, can lead to damage too.
4: Method Four: Usage of a file sharing service
It is advisable not to use a file-sharing service. Few auto-backup tools can cause such issues when used with QuickBooks. If the company file is accessed this way, it might lead to loss or damage of transactions-related data. Move your file from Dropbox and copy it to C: drive to avoid such issues.
Also, you can use Intuit Data Protect (IDP) to protect the company files. Use QuickBooks Online to access QuickBooks from different locations.
5. Method Five: The encryption software has to be used on your PC
There is no need to encrypt the company file. A software expert or vendor’s help can be taken to disable the software.
It is always advisable to take the help of tech support when going through the above steps. A QuickBooks technical specialist can gauge the reasons for the errors and tell you step-wise what to do.
How to Reach Us?
Errors are a common thing while working on some software. If you are using QuickBooks for your daily accounting tasks then contact the QuickBooks live chat team of experts at Businessaccountings.com. They are there for your assistance round the clock. You can sign up with them for understanding QuickBooks in a better way.
Get Expert’s Advice to Fix Your All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
We Also Fix :
- QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
- QuickBooks Error 3371