Handling Customer Credit Cards Guidelines
Handling of customers’ credit mainly occurs in case of returning goods/services by customers. This is due to several reasons like quality, quantity of providing services/products and efficiency of the products, etc. Quickbooks easily manages the customer credit and also makes up-to date it. It keeps detailed reports over each product and services that issued to customers, including their date, price, quantity, rate, tax, etc.
Steps To Manage Customers Credit in Quickbooks
- First, go to menu and select ‘customer’ option, then there appears ‘Receive payment’ window.
- Than identify customer and select job if required. QuickBooks provides you with a list of paid and un-paid invoices for customers.
- Now edit the date of payment by using ‘Date Text Box’.
- Then add customers payment amount of ‘Amount Field’.
- You can optionally edit your check number, and mode of payment from the drop-down list.
- For any overpayment credits of customers, QuickBooks automatically notify you and totals the amount of existing customer’s credit.
- Now identify open invoices (Click auto applies for old open invoices and for unapplied payments that applied already, click ‘unapply payment’).
- Than maintain your early payments and other issued documents.
- Select open invoices and click on ‘Discount’ and ‘Credit’ option.
- Now click ‘save and close’ to save your customer payment.
- It helps in auto reducing the open invoice original amount of early payment discounts.
- Keeps track over each credit and saves time in entering data.
- It reduces the chances and mistakes of outstanding or overpayment credits.
QuickBooks support number helps you to fix issues related to QuickBooks software Contact contact .