Like other online accounting software, QuickBooks also has an error issue which creates issues and sometimes blocks your QuickBooks. QuickBooks Error 5 is one of the most common errors which is usually occurring when QuickBooks database service users are not able to sufficient to permit the access to detect the file location. In this blog, you get complete information about this error and gives you all possible solutions to resolve all the solutions.
Causes behind the “QuickBooks Error 5”
There are certain reasons behind the QuickBooks Error 5, all are listed below:
- Incorrect registry entries or due to deletion of system files accidently
- When you shutdown your system improperly
- Inappropriate installation of QuickBooks leads to this error
- Invalid entries registered in windows
- Any third party software or any virus attack leads to this error.
How to fix QuickBooks Error 5?
To resolve with this error, we have all alternative ways:
Troubleshooting 1: Fix this error by using the reimage repair tool with these steps:
- First of all, install the reimage repair tool
- After the completion of installation, save this file
- Then, mark your right-click on the Reimage Repair tool link and go with “Save it to the Desktop” option.
- After that, locate the file location and go forward with YES click when it pops-up on your screen.
- To begin the automatic scan, you don’t need to mark on the checkbox
- You need to go with install click and the tool will automatically start scanning
- After completion of whole scanning, mark your next click on “Start Repair”
- Then restart your system and check whether “Unexpected Error 5” is resolved or not.
Troubleshooting 2: with “File share access” you can resolve this error, just go with these following steps:
- Firstly, you have to click on the “file share access” to fix this error
- Then scroll your click on “file explorer” and mark your right-click on the selected folder where company file is saved
- From the drop-down preferences, go with “sharing tab” option
- After that, you need to select partial or full as per your business requirement
- In the end, go with APPLY click and finish the process with OK click.
If all the above solution is not able to resolve this error issue then you just need to install the “QuickBooks File Doctor” on your system. It automatically detects and fixes all the issues with an automated scanner.
How to reach us?
If you face any trouble with any troubleshooting or any query in your mind regarding QuickBooks, free-free to contact the customer care team via customer helpline number 1800-993-4190. They are 24/7 available to fix your all issues.