- QuickBooks File Doctor Is Not Working
- What are the reasons that responsible for QuickBooks File Doctor is not working?
- What are some important things to know about the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool?
- What is the compatibility of the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool?
- Are there any types of File Doctor Tool?
- What are the steps to download the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool?
- Before running the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool, few important points to remember
- What are the Limitations of the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool?
- How to easily run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool into your computer?
- Some basic information related to the built-in QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Here are few Resolutions for you to correct the QuickBooks File Doctor Not Working Error
- Resolution 1: Learn how to operate QuickBooks File Doctor by yourself
- Resolution 2: To repair the .QBW extension file that is damaged
- Resolution 3: For using Auto Data Recovery
- Resolution 4: Check for hosting mode and also check settings of antivirus
- QuickBooks File Doctor Tool can help you to detect the following error messages
QuickBooks File Doctor Is Not Working
First, you need to know what a QuickBooks File Doctor.
QuickBooks File Doctor is a rectifier tool for QuickBooks issues that helps to identify errors and unwanted hard drive issues. The QuicKbooks Desktop stops doing their work in view of various reasons that create hindrance and interrupt your work. It may stop working due to harmful viruses created deliberately by the virus author to put you in trouble. But you don’t be sad a powerful weapon is to believe in yourself. Keep faith in yourself and also on QuickBooks Helpdesk who has every solution to your problem.
What are the reasons that responsible for QuickBooks File Doctor is not working?
Here we lined up some reasons that could create hindrance in your QuickBooks:
- Maybe you continuously try to operate the files that are incorporated or damaged
- When you have reverted the pristine Company File version that using the network then, you will be stuck because of this error
- Tried to restore files in an unsymmetrical way
- Make sure your file not infected or affected
- Make sure all files are stored in your system, otherwise, missed out files show interference during the time of installation
- Make sure that you don’t store incomplete updated files
- Proofread that the file is not misplaced. If yes, place it first then jump to the next step.
Read Also: QuickBooks Error 6190
Common File Doctor Not Working error messages
An error originates to make you annoyed or frustrated. But there is also medicine for every problem. QuickBooks file Doctor acts as a medicine for a user to overcome the little-bit issues without asking much effort or support. Technical things are considered in machines and machines need their oil after a particular period of time. This type of error surely puts you in a deserted mind. QuickBooks will support you to give ideas, the reason for origination, and solutions. Read all the solutions mentioned below and implement one that is suitable to you.
What are some important things to know about the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool?
- Download the latest version of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. If you already have it then uninstall it and again download its latest version.
- You can easily access the tool with all versions or editions of QuickBooks Desktop applications.
- You can use this tool for QuickBooks Desktop for Windows.
- The post versions of QuickBooks 2015 have this tool inbuilt. But it is recommended to use the external tool.
- The tool appears automatically when there is an error. Click on the Start button and let the tool do its work to fix the error.
What is the compatibility of the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool?
- The QuickBooks File Doctor Tool is not compatible with the QuickBooks Mac versions.
- This tool works with all the versions of QuickBooks Desktop for Windows externally.
- The tool comes in-built in 2016 and later versions of QuickBooks Desktop for Windows.
Are there any types of File Doctor Tool?
Yes, there are 2 types that are as follows:-
- The QuickBooks 2016 and later versions have the in-built version of the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
- There is also a stand-alone version of the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool that you can use from the server where the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is installed to host the file.
What are the steps to download the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool?
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub from good source link
- Save the download file in default that is Downloads folder
- After successful download, go to the Downloads Folder
- Double-click on the downloaded file to start the installation on your computer
- The install Wizard opens up and starts the installation
- You have to accept the License Agreement by clicking on the Yes button
- Then click on the Next button until you get the install option
- By clicking on the Install Option the installation starts and it shows you the status bar to complete
- When the status bar completed it shows you the Finish button so click on it and you are done with the installation
- Now, go to the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon and right-click on it
- Choose an option Open to open the tool
- Select the option Company File Issues
- Then, go with the steps to run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
Before running the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool, few important points to remember
The things to remember before running the tool are as follows:-
- You must have the credentials of the tool to get access of it
- The file size must be 1.5 GB so make sure that you won’t cross the limit
- Only Windows users can access the tool and it is not for the Mac users
- The internet connection must be running properly
- Update your QuickBooks software version to the latest version before running the QuickBooks file Doctor Tool
- Check that you have a single version of QuickBooks Desktop software working on your computer.
What are the Limitations of the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool?
- You always have to enter the Admin user id and password to log in and use the tool.
- The limit of QuickBooks files is less than 2 GB.
- The network connectivity diagnoses and repair system option won’t work properly if you have multiple QuickBooks versions installed on your computer.
- To upload the company file, an internet connection is necessary.
- If the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is installed on the computer then the option of Network connectivity diagnosis and repair will not work properly.
How to easily run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool into your computer?
- In your Windows computer
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Click on the Company File Issues option
- Then select the run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool option to run it
- It takes some time to run so wait for it
- You have to select the Company File from the drop-down option that is causing the error
- If the company file is not there then you have to click on Browse and then select the file
- You can also click on the check the file option
- Then click on Continue to proceed
- Enter the admin password of QuickBooks to continue and complete the diagnosis
- In the end, click on the Next button to start the scan
The scan takes some time and it also depends on the file size. So you have to wait for a complete scan and fixing the problem. When this process completes then open the QuickBooks and check for errors that it is resolved completely.
- This built-in tool supports the following:-
- Microsoft Server 2003-2012
- The Windows supported are Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10
- Versions of UK, US, Canada of QuickBooks
- It fixes the damaged and corrupted QuickBooks company files.
- The tool helps in repairing the errors related to the Company Files and Network.
Here are few Resolutions for you to correct the QuickBooks File Doctor Not Working Error
Resolution 1: Learn how to operate QuickBooks File Doctor by yourself
Most of the time, the problem will be ended by changing the settings automatically to manually. Read below mentioned points to change the settings:
- Go to the QuickBooks File Doctor application and open it in your system
- Hold on till the window of No Company Open will display on your screen
- After that, visit the File context box and then choose the optionUtilities
- Then further click on the Repair File and Network Problems option
- Then the box containing the text display on your screen you have to press the OK tab. Restart your QuickBooks File Doctor under the owners rights
- Click on the yes button displayed on context box
- Move your cursor to the wrench like icon and open the QuickBooks Doctor then proceed with the continue option
- After this, enter your login information to reach your destination. Now, all your problem creating bacteria cleaned and QuickBooks File Doctor start functioning smoothly
- Go to the Advanced Setting tab, then choose the File Diagnosis Only option
- Press on the button name Next
- When your system start working in normal condition, then you have to go to the file for the more issues or problems if required
If it’s not helpful then, read the QuickBooks next solution, maybe it works for you.
Resolution 2: To repair the .QBW extension file that is damaged
First of all, do the Back-up of all your data before starting the repair process. The backup is one of the easiest for a preferable way to move out of the files that are damaged with the existing one. Implement this method by following the steps that have mentioned below:
- First, open the application QuickBooks
- Then, go to the option File menu
- Then, look out for “Open or Restore Company” and it chooses
- After that, press the option that says “Click Open or Restore Copy” and pursue further by clicking on the “Next” key.
- Choose the “Local Backup” and then click on the “Next” key
- You have to browse and select the backup file location when a drop-down menu will display
- Now, you have to select those file who has a “QBB extension”
- For the next process, click on “Open” and then “Next” key
- Select the location for restoring files when the “Save In drop-down” menu will appear on the screen
- Write the identity of the file in the name position. A message the “Save as” will directly appear with the entry of the “.QBW” file
- Then you need to click on the “Save” button to save the file that you have moved from place to place
Performing this method as exactly mentioned may solve your problem. If still this problem alters your system working efficiently. Don’t be panic just read out the next resolution.
Resolution 3: For using Auto Data Recovery
QuickBooks files are examined on their own with the help of the Auto Data Recovery. To fabricate the files this process takes longer time than usual. In this a backup of your error free files is stored automatically in the folder with the same name as Auto Data Recovery. This backup is to stay for a limited time that is 12-24 hrs only. The timing also depends on the QuickBooks application; in other words the backup stays time is equal to the application running time. if you close the application so the backup can disappear.
Read Also: QuickBooks Error 6000 -80
Resolution 4: Check for hosting mode and also check settings of antivirus
It’s very important to know that the tool QuickBooks File Doctor is working efficiently. If you feel there is something that bothers your work then you have to turn off the hosting mode from your system. After that do change the setting of the Firewall to allow the connections distantly from the system so idle things will not interrupt your work. To avoid the damage that occurs because of viruses, if you are using one of the security systems like McAfee, Norton, etc then follow the below mentioned points:
- In your system, open the security system software that you are using and go to the option Web & Email Protection
- You have to visit the firewall section and select the tab name Ports and System Services
- Now, click the “Add” key
- Under the services name you have to type eMule
- Then type the date of TCP for your QuickBooks Desktop in the local TCP/IP
- For your QuickBooks application, in the local UDP Port do type the TCP data
- Now, move your cursor on option name Open Ports to and then from the drop-down options click on the All PCs
- When you are done with all of this process click the “Save” key and reboot your computer system.
QuickBooks File Doctor Tool can help you to detect the following error messages
It definitely assists you to resolve various trouble that comes across to you while using the application include-
- Error 6150, error 6000 -82, error 6000 -305, error 6000 -301, error 6147, or error 6130) lost or empty lists for your customers, vendors or employees
- Connectivity errors when opening QuickBooks over a network or multi-user set up (H101, H202, H303, or H505 error)
- Harshly infected company files that will not work, but you are able to open sample company files (or other files)
If you are facing any problem regarding this then you should download the QuickBooks File Doctor for the smooth functioning of your computer.
1. You have to run the Verify Data again to check for the remaining data damage
2. Click on the File menu
3. Then select the Utilities
4. Further, select Verify data
5. If this time verify detects and damage that means you have to fix it manually
6. If the error won’t found then you have to restore the backup
*** Click on the File menu
*** Then select the Restore
7. After that, you are done.
1. In QuickBooks, click on the File menu option
2. Then select the Backup Company file
3. Select the Create Local Backup
4. After that, click on Local Backup
5. Continue by clicking on the Next button
6. Now browse for the location where you have to save the backup file
7. When you are all set click on the OK button
8. Then click on Save it now and hit on Next button
9. You are done with your backup.
If there is no problem then there is no need to restore the backup file. But if there is any problem with your data files or anything happened incorrectly then you have to do the restoration process.