QuickBooks Network Problem
Generally, these types of errors occur when there is a problem with the connection or the token value assigned to the payment or form through E-Pay could not be synced. In the article, we will try to resolve the error QuickBooks encountered a network problem while processing a payment.
Problem: QuickBooks encountered a network problem while processing your payment or form:
The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.
Solution: Try submitting again. If this problem continues, contact QuickBooks payroll support for assistance.
Causes behind this Error
- QuickBooks Desktop has encountered a network downside whereas handling your payments. It’s progressing to make sure the closed underlying association thus won’t be able to connect with a distant server.
- Quickbooks Desktop might have encountered a network issue as there could also be a remote name issue. The remote name ‘intuit.com’ couldn’t be resolved. strive to submit it yet again.
- An internal error has occurred.
Things you have to check before proceeding with solution
- Make sure that you have downloaded the latest release of the Payroll tax table. To download the latest tax table employees then do get Payroll updates and then click on the Update option.
- Check and verify that you are using the QuickBooks latest update.
- The date and time of your system must be correct. If it is not correct then change the date and time settings accordingly and restart your system.
- The QuickBooks must be in Single-User mode. So if you are in Multi-User mode then switch it to Single-User mode. Click on the file menu and then select the Switch to Single-User mode option.
- Must check the firewall of your computer and also any other third-party applications of firewall or antivirus if you are using it. Check if they are blocking the QuickBooks from accessing the internet.
- You do have a payroll subscription that is valid. So do verify the payroll subscription if you have one.
- Verify that you can access the secure website from your web browser. If it is not accessing then you have to reset the setting of the router to the default.
Solutions of QuickBooks Encountered a Network Problem While Processing a Payment or Form
Here below are the steps to resolve the problem
Total Time: 15 minutes
Step 1: Check the version of your Microsoft TLS
TLS 1.2 has largely become the industry standard and is the bare minimum requirement in an internet security protocol. For greater security, QuickBooks also require certain standards to meet. If the requirements are not fulfilled or these requirements have not been met the processing of the E-file or E-Pay will be impacted. So if your Microsoft TLS version is older than TLS 1.2 then you will need to upgrade the version for the smooth processing of transactions.
Step 2: Turn off and on start-up items and services to identify which program or services are interfering with QuickBooks
You can do this by carrying out the following steps.
* Log in as an administrator in QuickBooks.
* Go to Company and select set up users and passwords and set up users.
* Name the administrator. Make sure to choose someone who is regularly available in the office.
* Add the challenge question and put an answer to it to complete the process.
* Click finish.
* Start your PC with the selective startup feature.
* Start the Windows and select Run.
* Type MSConfig and click OK.
* Click on the General tab and select selective startup.
* Select the Load system services and clear the checkbox on Load setup items.
* Under the services tab clicks on hide all the Microsoft services and click on disable all.
* Verify the Windows installer checkbox under service and select it if it is not already checked.
* Restart the PC.
* Try sending an E-payment.
* On the QuickBooks desktop go to the payroll center under the employees’ menu.
* Click on pay liabilities.
* Under the pay taxes and liability select the liability or the tax that you want to pay.
* Review the payment under the view button and click E-pay.
* login to the agency login window clicks on submit.
If the payment is successful you will get a confirmation through email. QuickBooks encountered a network problem while processing a payment. This means your problem has been resolved. If however the payment gets rejected then check the proxy settings by following the next step.
Steps for Proxy Setting
* Check the proxy settings
* Go to the help menu on the QuickBooks desktop and select internet connection setup and select next.
* Go to the LAN settings under the advanced connections options.
* If the proxy information has been set here then remove the same.
Alternate Troubleshooting Solutions
Solution 1- Flush the DNS using the Command Prompt
- In your system, press Ctrl + R keys
- This open ups the Run window
- Then type the CMD and press Enter button
- The CMD (Command Prompt) window opens up
- In this, type ipconfig/flushdns
- Then click on the Enter button from the keyboard
- Now try your Payroll things once again in QuickBooks to check for errors.
Solution 2- Clear the history of the Internet Explorer browser
- Open the Internet Explorer on your system
- Go to the Tools menu
- Then click on the Browsing History option
- Check all the things including internet files and temporary internet files
- Click on the button Delete
- Then click on the OK button
- Now you can use payroll payment into your QuickBooks account.
Solution 3- Exclude the revocation from the Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer browser
- Then click on Tools
- Select Internet Options
- Go to the Advanced tab
- In the Security tab, remove the tick mark from Check for publishers revocation and Check for server certificate revocation
- After that, click on the OK button
- Reboot your system
- Now, use payroll and check for errors.
Solution 4- Change the Internet Explorer’s Compatibility View settings
- Open the Internet Explorer into your computer
- Click on the Gear icon to open the menu
- Now select the Tools menu
- Go to the Compatibility View Settings option
- Click on Add this Website field
- Then enter Intuit.con
- After that, click on the Add button to add it
- In the end, close it when you are done.
Solution 5- Change the Settings of internet connection in QuickBooks
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop software
- Then click on the Help menu option
- Choose Internet Connection Setup
- Click on the Use my computer’s Internet connection Settings
- After that, click on Next to continue
- Now select the Advanced Connection Settings
- It opens up the Internet Options window where you can easily change the settings. These settings are like
- Change Pop-Up blocker settings
- Change Cookies settings
- Update trusted sites
- Change Advanced Security settings and many more.
Retry sending the e-payment. IF the payment is successful then the problem has been resolved. Else get in touch without QuickBooks team support. We have a pool of trained technical professionals who can easily guide you to resolve the e-payment issue efficiently.
Get Expert’s Advice to Fix Your All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
Our Scope of Services:
- 24X7 availability.
- 365 days working.
- Prompt response.
- Minimum wait period.
What to do to remove the Network error message from the screen then fix QuickBooks encountered a network problem while processing a payment or form?
1. Try to close and open the QuickBooks software
2. Restart your browser in which you are working
3. Click on the Reload button or refresh using the F5 key from the keyboard.
How can I exclude the revocation from the internet explorer browser to resolve QuickBooks’s encountered network problem while processing a payment or form?
1. Go to the Internet Explorer browser
2. Then click on the Tools option
3. Choose Internet Options
4. Further select Advanced option
5. Go to the Security tab
6. Remove the tick mark from “Check for publishers revocation” and “Check for server certificate revocation”
7. Then click on the OK button
8. Now reboot your computer and check for problems.
Is there any other way to fix QuickBooks’s encountered network problem while processing a payment or form?
Yes, you can flush the DNS using the CMD (Command Prompt). For this, the steps are:-
1. Open the Command Prompt
*** Open the Run window
*** Then type cmd
*** Press enter button
2. In the Command Prompt, type ipconfig/flushdns
3. Then press Enter button
4. Now, you are done and check for the error again.