ODBC Driver : QuickBooks Enterprise
QuickBooks in collaboration with FLEX Quarters (Intuit Developer Network member) in order to structure an ODBC driver (read-only) which was labeled as QODBC to be employed with QuickBooks Enterprise software.
This driver can be located within QuickBooks Enterprise software by navigating towards File tab from the main menu, followed by Utilities option and then click on Setup QODBC option. It basically allows user to access the software data through 3rd party programs like Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Crystal Reports etc. In case data has to be written back then it is better to connect with QuickBooks Customer Service team through QODBC.com.
Configure and Setup ODBC Driver of QuickBooks Enterprise
QODBC driver incepted for QuickBooks Enterprise software accords user with the option to export company file and business data to 3rd party applications like Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Filmmaker, Crystal Reports, Python or.NET etc in order to generate customized reports. In order to configure this driver follow the steps below:
- Under QuickBooks software click on the File menu option, followed by Utilities tab and then click on Set Up ODBC.
- Now select the tab labeled General and follow steps below:
- 1. Click on ‘Use the Company file’ option that’s now open in the new QuickBooks screen.
- 2. Under the Data Source Name, type QuickBooks Data.
- 3. Select the option called Test Connection to QuickBooks.
- A message will be prompted on screen displaying “Test Connection to QuickBooks Successful” wherein the user should click on Ok tab and then on Apply button.
- Now select the option of Messages and perform following steps:
- 1. Uncheck the box against the Detail Tracing (if enabled).
- 2. Click on the Display Optimizer Status Panel checkboxes (if disabled).
- 3. In order to view details of what QODBC is working on, then click on the Display Driver Status Panel (it is optional).
- 4. Lastly click on Apply tab.
- Next Click on Optimizer tab and follow the steps:
- 1. Click on the the Use Optimizer box (if disabled).
- 2. Default Optimizer file path is usually displayed as – (%AppData%\QODBC Driver for QuickBooks\Optimizer). This is the advised path to use.
- 3. Click on the option The start of every query (if not selected) and then click on Apply
- Lastly select the OK tab to close the setup of QODBC.
Now you should be able to use ODBC Driver in order to transfer data to third party reliable applications. In case you get stuck somewhere or require more information about the same driver, you should get in touch with the QuickBooks technical team. In scenario that the support team is not able to be connected you can try to get in touch with our proficient team by dialing the toll free number +1-800-993-4190.